Maverick

Official 2013-2014 Soccer Season

I know we've got some fans of the beautiful game in here! A place to discuss the season whether it be in Europe, America, etc. We've already had some European leagues start this past week and we're well into the MLS season. EPL starts this weekend which is one of the popular ones.

Who's everyone supporting? Most know I'm a Liverpool fan by now. Bit skeptical of our season but I'm hoping we can push for 5th. 4th is the team goal, but realistically we don't have the depth for that kind of target.

In case you didn't know, NBC bought the rights to the EPL and have announced they are televising every premier league game. Most games will be on NBC and NBC Sports, but I think I saw one or two on their branch networks such as CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I started watching soccer during the 2010 world cup, so I'm relatively new to the sport. I adopted Arsenal as my EPL team a few years ago, I think they'll be pretty good this year, they have a nice young core there although they didn't make any additions at all in the offseason, so another 4th place finish I would be really satisfied with.

Liverpool fan here. Like Mav said, I'm hoping we can push for 5th or maybe even 4th but right now, to be honest, I don't think Liverpool is on the same level as both teams from Manchester, Chelsea and maybe even Tottenham.

Obviously I'm excited for Chelsea play to return.

MLS doesn't really have my attention yet though. Not because I don't like it but more cause its less entertaining when you don't have a team to cheer. Really hoping we get a team here in Detroit soon.

Aston Villa fan, myself. Look forward to NBC covering the BPL as FOXsoccer sucked and I didn't want to pay for their extra channel.

pffft the real football started two weeks back in the football league... (Bolton fan)

seriously though I'm so glad to have football back! I hate when there is no football!

We should of got on this earlier and did one of the fantasy footballs for this aswell!

Well as I am sure most of you know I am a Tottenham fan. With Bale pretty much gone and the £95 million we have received from it put's us in a very nice position.

Levy has finally flashed the check book and with signings like Saldado, Willian, Lamela, Chadil and Paulinhio with potentially more coming I can now for the first time see us as title contenders. It will be as they will have a period of time that they need to gel but we are looking dangerous now.

I am excited

Good point about fantasy, Romo. That would have been fun since we do have a decent crowd interested.

Bangy, Bale gone and all of those signings aren't confirmed yet. Bale is reported to be gone soon and Willian completed his medical, but both aren't official. Apparently Willian is considering his options still lol. Granted, Spurs have made some decent signings so the fans have something to look forward to.

I was gutted when Willian chose Spurs over LFC. We always lose out to you guys for players. angry.gif

I watched Willian three or four times during his time in Shakhtar Donetsk and I was very impressed. So when Liverpool considered signing him, I was very excited. Now I'm just gonna watch him kick ass with the Spurs.

I watched Willian three or four times during his time in Shakhtar Donetsk and I was very impressed. So when Liverpool considered signing him, I was very excited. Now I'm just gonna watch him kick ass with the Spurs.

F that. I hope he fails miserably lol. Nah, we didn't match their offer so it's not really his fault.

Granted, how can we compete with their finances when they're about to get loads of cash from losing their best player? :yao:

tumblr_mmuafcZaTb1qasg8go1_250.gif

That looks like one of the German wnt players.... I'd love to see some of the people in the world who say "woman can't play football(soccer)" do stuff like this

Edited by Romo

Arsenal with a big game tomorrow on the road against Fullham, it'd be great to get back on track in the EPL with a win.

Chelsea played pretty well today vs Man U to get a draw. Weren't very many scoring chances for either side but a well played defensive game.

I don't know how I missed that, but how the fuck did Cardiff manage to beat Manchester City?

Chelsea vs Man United. I was at work but heard the game was boring. lolmancity.

I'm gonna miss the Supercup match between Bayern v Chelsea Friday. :/

Think Bayern will wipe the floor with Chelski?

Nah I think Chelsea win that, Bayern are still iffy under Pepe and imo it will take them a little while to fully understand his scheme.

Chelsea and United drawing was very nice for everyone else, We have Chelsea this weekend it will be a good game hoping we can win.

Chelsea - united was awful and to make it even worse England manager Roy Hodgson said he thought it was the game of the season so far... which sums up English football at the minute...

Bayern - Chelsea will be decent, personally I think it'll go to penalties and then its anyones guess.

Did Hodgson really say that? lol. Moron.

Bale deal should be announced any day now. Spurs are lining up Erik Lamela from Roma as a replacement. Gotta give them credit. They're losing the best player of last season, but they signed a lot of potential in Chadli, Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela if he signs. It's a downgrade at this moment, but I wouldn't be too upset if I was a Spurs fan.

Bayern is a bit shaky right now, they've just let a secure victory against Freiburg slip through their hands. I still have them as favorites to win the Supercup.

BTW, what's with the women's soccer Romo?

I'm a big fan of it, I mean I don't follow the english teams and national team because they get 0 coverage but the US team and national team get alot so i've found myself watching it more and more, games are decent and less of the player dramatics.. diving and time wasting

Bale deal should be announced any day now. Spurs are lining up Erik Lamela from Roma as a replacement. Gotta give them credit. They're losing the best player of last season, but they signed a lot of potential in Chadli, Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela if he signs. It's a downgrade at this moment, but I wouldn't be too upset if I was a Spurs fan.

Quite possibly add in christian eriksen to that lot aswell, AVB building an incredible team!

Edited by Romo

Chelsea - united was awful and to make it even worse England manager Roy Hodgson said he thought it was the game of the season so far... which sums up English football at the minute...

Bayern - Chelsea will be decent, personally I think it'll go to penalties and then its anyones guess.

It doesn't sum up English football atm, it just sums up how retarded Hodgson is.

Loving what we are doing in the transfer market, Saldado up front with Chadli, Lamela, Townsend and what soon looks to be Christian Eriksen just behind. Then Paulinho who I love and is my favorite transfer so far a long side Capoue/Sandro/Demebele. I am literally jizzing everywhere, most excited season as a Spurs fan I have had.

I also hope we destroy Arsenal on Sunday.