Maverick

Official 2013-2014 Soccer Season

Loving what we are doing in the transfer market, Saldado up front with Chadli, Lamela, Townsend and what soon looks to be Christian Eriksen just behind. Then Paulinho who I love and is my favorite transfer so far a long side Capoue/Sandro/Demebele. I am literally jizzing everywhere, most excited season as a Spurs fan I have had.

I also hope we destroy Arsenal on Sunday.

AVB building an army!!! Have to be title contenders this season!

AVB building an army!!! Have to be title contenders this season!

When we first started to buy I was thinking that we would just be a sure fire top four, now I am thinking that we can win the league. I normally go against the big expectations most Tottenham fans have, however this year I am confident we could possibly win the league.

Arsenal takes care of business at home vs Tottenham. Olivier Giroud's off to a great start this season.

And I don't think David Moyes could of gotten off to a worse start as manager. Huge win for Liverpool.

Arsenal takes care of business at home vs Tottenham. Olivier Giroud's off to a great start this season.

And I don't think David Moyes could of gotten off to a worse start as manager. Huge win for Liverpool.

Ok so Arsenal won but Tottenham had the majority of possestion they just couldn't finish. Considering that we have 7 new players in this team that need time to gel and the performance I am more than happy with how things are going to be.

Hurts we lost to them but we are the better side and will finish higher.

You did not have the majority of the possession until the last 10 minutes when we took out Walcott for the extra defender and stacked the box. Arsenal was firmly in control for the first 80 minutes and if Monreal didn't suck and could tap in an easy goal then it would have been a 2-0 win.

You did not have the majority of the possession until the last 10 minutes when we took out Walcott for the extra defender and stacked the box. Arsenal was firmly in control for the first 80 minutes and if Monreal didn't suck and could tap in an easy goal then it would have been a 2-0 win.

We had 57% compared to your 43, two more shots though one less on target, please tell me how that was not not majority of the game.

Urgh an this is why I hate Arsenal fans...

I don't know what you're arguing. That Tottenham should have got the win/draw or something? Arsenal was the better side, and possession was 50/50 until the final 10 minutes when we just focused on not conceding.

Ozil to Arsenal is picking up all across twitter, sky sports reporting it aswell, Bale is going to be on £300,000 a week (around $465,000) which ought to piss Ronaldo off because he'll want to be the highest paid player.

Wow if we could get Ozil I think we can compete for the Premier League title. Please make it happen Wenger

Edited by BradyFan81

Absolutely shocked Ozil left Real Madrid. Disappointed, mad, etc. If anything Di Maria is too similar to Bale so he should have gone, not Ozil. Apparently Ronaldo isn't too happy about the departure. I'm not surprised - I'd be upset too if my friend/assist machine left. Gonna have two massive egos collide in Bale and Ronaldo I think.

Congrats Arsenal - you just pulled off the deal of the summer. Attacking midfielders may not be what Arsenal need, but he's a world class player and you guys just got a lot better with him in your team. Ozil is my favorite player so it sucks he went to a rival. According to reports he preferred a move to United, but they weren't interested. Idiots.

As far as my club goes, I'm happy with the business we conducted during the summer. Got rid of some dead weight, loaned some players out, and improved our weak points. Most importantly, we kept Suarez.

Oh yeah and....TOP OF THE LEAGUE! party0048.gif

Absolutely shocked Ozil left Real Madrid. Disappointed, mad, etc. If anything Di Maria is too similar to Bale so he should have gone, not Ozil. Apparently Ronaldo isn't too happy about the departure. I'm not surprised - I'd be upset too if my friend/assist machine left. Gonna have two massive egos collide in Bale and Ronaldo I think.

Congrats Arsenal - you just pulled off the deal of the summer. Attacking midfielders may not be what Arsenal need, but he's a world class player and you guys just got a lot better with him in your team. Ozil is my favorite player so it sucks he went to a rival. According to reports he preferred a move to United, but they weren't interested. Idiots.

As far as my club goes, I'm happy with the business we conducted during the summer. Got rid of some dead weight, loaned some players out, and improved our weak points. Most importantly, we kept Suarez.

Oh yeah and....TOP OF THE LEAGUE! party0048.gif

I can see Ronaldo being upset over the fact he's not the highest paid player now aswell and will want to be equal or on more money than bale.

anyone following the World Cup qualifiers? Costa Rica has collectively been a huge dick to the US National Team in anticipation of tonight's game:

http://deadspin.com/costa-rica-is-trolling-the-shit-out-of-the-usmnt-1252737050

Wow. Wish I could say I was surprised. I expect nothing less when we visit these types of CONCACAF nations..

Extra motivation for the U.S. players.

Wow. Wish I could say I was surprised. I expect nothing less when we visit these types of CONCACAF nations..

Extra motivation for the U.S. players.

yeah, I think this is mainly just Costa Rica being a little pissy about the snow game in Denver a few months ago

USA got that ass beat. Had a decent spell in the second half but overall were outplayed. Not surprised considering the history and conditions.

I just can't wait for the international break to be over.

USA got that ass beat. Had a decent spell in the second half but overall were outplayed. Not surprised considering the history and conditions.

yeah, not having Bradley hurt a lot, also that late yellow on Altidore was bullshit, now he has to miss the Mexico game tomorrow, why is the yellow card accumulation rule a good idea?

yeah, not having Bradley hurt a lot, also that late yellow on Altidore was bullshit, now he has to miss the Mexico game tomorrow, why is the yellow card accumulation rule a good idea?

The yellow card accumulation rule helps keep the game clean. Otherwise, you'd have players taking cheap shots late in games having nothing to worry about once the 90 minutes is up. The downside is we've seen big players miss big games because of it. In last year's CL final, Bayern and Chelsea were missing three players each that were heavily involved in the tournament leading up to that game.

It's a good rule to have in place I suppose, but I'd prefer if maybe for tournament finals and what not you get a clean slate so we can see each team's best starting 11.

• Upvote 1

The yellow card accumulation rule helps keep the game clean. Otherwise, you'd have players taking cheap shots late in games having nothing to worry about once the 90 minutes is up. The downside is we've seen big players miss big games because of it. In last year's CL final, Bayern and Chelsea were missing three players each that were heavily involved in the tournament leading up to that game.

It's a good rule to have in place I suppose, but I'd prefer if maybe for tournament finals and what not you get a clean slate so we can see each team's best starting 11.

I understand the principle, but it seems excessive to me to have a yellow card hanging over a player indefinitely, seems like they could accomplish the goal with a somewhat looser rule, say the suspension comes if you get two yellows within five games, or wherever you want to set the benchmark, it just seems like the card should clear at some point

also, apparently I didn't get a good look at it because Besler's yellow (which is keeping him out of the Mexico game) was even worse:

itdnB07kprVXu.gif

calling that a dive is an insult to dives

Edited by oochymp

well, DC United is probably going to set records for futility in MLS play this year, but we're US Open Cup Champions

What a great week in Champions League.

twas a good week indeed.

arsenal looking in prime form. cant recall if i predicted it on here, but im not surprised in the slightest. ozil is my favorite player and any team he's on will significantly improve. its no coincidence that as soon as ozil hit top form and him and ronaldo started connecting that madrid started to win titles again.

I don't have a team, but I do want to start learning about the game. I was going to go to Argentina next summer, but a better deal came along in Colombia. Soccer is still huge there, though. I'll want to be able to talk about it a little bit with the people there.

^You should check out Arsenal... You kinda have that Mav aura about you. lol, j/k.

Eto'O gonna be replacing Torres this weekend. Gonna get that illusive first Chelsea goal. BOOK IT!

Although it is painful to watch younger guys like Lakaku score goals for other teams. :(