BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

What are the Islanders doing?

NYI trade Matt Moulson, a 2014 1st round pick and a 2015 2nd round pick for Thomas Vanek.

Ok... If im the Sabres I'm real happy here.

I don't really know much about Molson, but getting a first and second for Vanek is nice. I'll miss him though.

I don't really know much about Molson, but getting a first and second for Vanek is nice. I'll miss him though.

Moulson is a sniper for sure. He gets 30 goals pretty much every season.

Yeah I've looked up a little about him. A lot of people think he's a product of Tavares. Some people think we're just gonna trade him for a first at the deadline which would be awesome haha.

People said the same thing about P.A. Parenteau and he's been just as good if not better in Colorado.

And that would be awesome haha

Edited by Bay

Yeah I don't get this trade for New York. Do they think they are closer to a Cup then they are? What makes them think Vanek would come back there? I don't know...just a weird move.

MSG renovations done. Rangers finally get that home opener vs. the Habs. Who's Phil rooting for :troll:

Not saying the Isles won the trade but Tavares and Vanek will be AWESOME together. Moulson is a bit of a one trick pony. Vanek offers a lot more than him.

Edit: JetsFan4L, the Isles are a young and upcoming team. They have a strong farm system and Tavares, alone, could easily be enough to get him to stay.

Edited by BJORN

^ Isles need to get rid of Nabby as their #1

Moulson already scored as a Sabre on his 2nd shift of the game

Edited by Bay

2 goals tonight, his one trick is a rather handy one I will admit.

• Upvote 1

2 goals tonight, his one trick is a rather handy one I will admit.

haha

Still lost though. Worked perfectly. Keep his trade value high without risking our top lottery spot.

lol Rangers lose their home opener. And the Hawks lay a beating on the Wild.

Edited by BigBen07

Bob better start playing like that Vezina winner last year :shifty:

What we know

Semyon Varlamov turned himself in to Denver Police on Wednesday. He was arrested on two charges stemming from an incident that allegedly happened Tuesday:

Kidnapping (second degree) (felony class 4), which means one of two things based on this from the Colorado state courts.

Second degree kidnapping is only a class-4 felony in two instances: physically seizing and moving someone from one place to another without their consent, or taking a child "not his own" (sick language there, statute) for the purpose of keeping the child from the guardian/parent. A deadly weapon of any kind would not have been involved, or this would be felony class 3.

Assault (third degree) (misdemeanor), which is usually in reference to hitting or pushing a spouse or loved one without really doing much physical injury per these guys. It can be a deadly weapon charge, but the kidnapping thing kind of rules that out.

Varlamov is being held without bond in Denver County jail at this time (Denver Post).

Edited by Bay

Better trade for Ryan Miller.

Only if Giguere starts to really struggle. He's been amazing, and i mean amazing so far. Shutout Boston and Pitt on the road.

Only if Giguere starts to really struggle. He's been amazing, and i mean amazing so far. Shutout Boston and Pitt on the road.

Absolutely but you'll have to wonder how he would hold up in a full season of being the starter if it came to that.

Absolutely but you'll have to wonder how he would hold up in a full season of being the starter if it came to that.

I like Miller and all but I don't want to give up a whole lot to acquire him. The Avs have some pretty good goalie prospects at least.

Enjoyed the Pens Bruins game last night...especially watching the Pens snipe Rask multiple times while the Bruins continually tried to get their typical deflection, through traffic goals. Just not a fun team to watch imo outside of seeing Seidenberg get continually rocked and their two entertaining players in Marchand and Bergeron.

Enjoyed the Pens Bruins game last night...especially watching the Pens snipe Rask multiple times while the Bruins continually tried to get their typical deflection, through traffic goals. Just not a fun team to watch imo outside of seeing Seidenberg get continually rocked and their two entertaining players in Marchand and Bergeron.

When I watch the B's I really only like to watch Krejci

Forgot about him, he is quality as well.

Really? Marchand is one of the best puck handlers in the game.

Edited by Maverick

Really? Marchand is one of the best puck handlers in the game.

Fuck that pussy lol

But really I like to watch any Hockey :smug:

Edited by Bay