Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

I'm finally getting a PS3! QUESTIONS.

After ten years of getting every last dollar out of my PlayStation2, the time has come to move on. Since the PS4 comes out in a month, it's only fitting for me to stay a generation behind. For you avid gamers, some questions...

When should I buy a PS3?

It seems to me the logical strategy would be to wait until the PS4 comes out. I'm not sure if before or after Christmas would be best for getting a good deal.

I'm planning on buying GTAV and Madden 25. Should I get any others?

I'm notorious for playing the same game for years. I feel like these two would last me awhile, though getting Madden would probably force me into NCAA 14 at some point, and I'm fine with that.

Should I nut up and get a PS4?

My biggest concern with this is finance. As most of you know, I'm a high school teacher, so while I make enough money to take care of myself, I don't have a lot of room for luxuries. I'm concerned about getting my money's worth out of a PS4 because I wouldn't be playing it all the time.

Don't buy either. PC games are the way to go :yep: Especially if finance is in question.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-500gb-grand-theft-auto-v-bundle/110065

Decent bundle deal. Not sure I would waste my money on Madden 25. The price of a Ps3 is still pretty close to the cost of the PS4. So you would probably best best to either A. Buy a PS4 or B. Wait till the Ps4 is out and hope for a big price drop.

Ps4 is 400 bucks and it comes out around x mas time. Up here ps3's go for 200-225. Tons of great games Uncharted series are all exclusive to ps3 as well as the last of us.

One other thing I forgot: do they make PS3s that are compatible with PS2 games?

Black Friday, or around there would be a good bet, since the PS4 is getting released a couple weeks before then.

If you're looking for timesinks, you can't go wrong with any of the Fallouts (I would recommend New Vegas), or Skyrim.

I'd wait on getting the PS4. Give it a little time for some games to come out, plus it'll give time so any kinks can get worked out; especially since they're not backwards compatible. Nothing worse than having a new system with nothing to play...

The only PS3s that are backwards compatible are the old "fat" models.

Black Friday, or around there would be a good bet, since the PS4 is getting released a couple weeks before then.

If you're looking for timesinks, you can't go wrong with any of the Fallouts (I would recommend New Vegas), or Skyrim.

I'd wait on getting the PS4. Give it a little time for some games to come out, plus it'll give time so any kinks can get worked out; especially since they're not backwards compatible. Nothing worse than having a new system with nothing to play...

The only PS3s that are backwards compatible are the old "fat" models.

tis what I said on facebook stevo

I actually have my PS3 (250 GB Slim) listed on eBay right now lol. If you want to work out a deal, I'll end the auction. I'll throw in MLB 13 The Show, too. :yep:

Yes. It's backwards compatible.

No its not lol. They only made a few when the system first came out that were. The new ones are not.

I actually have my PS3 (250 GB Slim) listed on eBay right now lol. If you want to work out a deal, I'll end the auction. I'll throw in MLB 13 The Show, too. :yep:

Does "slim" mean it's not backwards compatible?

Does "slim" mean it's not backwards compatible?

Correct.

Anyone want to buy an OG Xbox?

:rofl:

But seriously, if you get a PS3 SteVo and you would like the Rock Band game — I think it's Rock Band 3 — I'll sell it to you really cheap. I've had it for like a year now, never opened it, completely brand new. Won it in a contest with my PS3 but I was never into those types of games so I never opened it. I'll sell it to you for like 20 bucks or something + shipping or if you or I end up in either Fort Myers or Tampa I can drop it off to avoid shipping.