Sign in to follow this  
BC

Percy Harvin could start in 2 weeks

Been stashing him on my bench since the very beginning. I can't wait for him to come back! Percy is a PPR monster!

Been stashing him on my bench since the very beginning. I can't wait for him to come back! Percy is a PPR monster!

Haha same...but he's also on the Seahawks so I'm conflicted on this news :ninja:

When Harvin comes back, it's going to be trouble for other teams.

As it stands now, it's not going to be that big of a boost.

Wilson is not playing to the standard set in the last half of last season. He just is slightly off. His accuracy is not there like he's historically produced. He throws too far in, or behind on the cross/slant. He's launching missiles at players where touch is preferred. There are just a lot of throws that end up on the drop column, but he's not making the passes easy to catch. Last year he was outstanding at throwing catchable balls. Not so much this year to date.

Locally, the bugaboo has been that the receivers just don't get any separation. But if you look at the all 22 and/or watch the games in person, you see guys open frequently. He's just not seeing them like he did last year.

Even this last game against Tennessee, on routes he even makes ok 4-7 yard completions, he missed Rice on several occasions running free as the deep option to the underneath routes. Last year, he was killing those passes, both anticipating them and with exquisite timing/delivery. This year, he's not even trying them.

Harvin won't be stretching the field. Because Wilson isn't getting those passes. It's been weird. When he does look to go deep, protection has been an issue and the plays don't seem to have any hot reads. It's as if him taking off and running is the hot read. This season has been a bit frustrating and a lot of local fans seem to think that Harvin is the panacea to our passing ills. And for sure, he'll be able to squeeze out more production from our short passing game. But this offense hasn't been clicking like it did last year and 6 games into the season, it's starting to look like we're not misfiring -- but simply this is what we're going to expect going forward.

Of course, it's difficult to divorce the fact that we started struggling the most, when we lost both our starting tackles. Those guys should provide a boost too when they return. Bottom line is, Wilson is not executing on the 10-25 yard patterns that he was last year. And there are guys open on those routes. Unless Harvin's introduction to this offense gives Wilson the confidence to make those deeper throws, then his return will have a lessened impact.

The most unbiased and level headed Seahawks fan I've seen to date. I appreciate fans like this :yep:

• Upvote 1

Wilson is not playing to the standard set in the last half of last season. He just is slightly off. His accuracy is not there like he's historically produced. He throws too far in, or behind on the cross/slant. He's launching missiles at players where touch is preferred. There are just a lot of throws that end up on the drop column, but he's not making the passes easy to catch. Last year he was outstanding at throwing catchable balls. Not so much this year to date.

Locally, the bugaboo has been that the receivers just don't get any separation. But if you look at the all 22 and/or watch the games in person, you see guys open frequently. He's just not seeing them like he did last year.

Even this last game against Tennessee, on routes he even makes ok 4-7 yard completions, he missed Rice on several occasions running free as the deep option to the underneath routes. Last year, he was killing those passes, both anticipating them and with exquisite timing/delivery. This year, he's not even trying them.

Harvin won't be stretching the field. Because Wilson isn't getting those passes. It's been weird. When he does look to go deep, protection has been an issue and the plays don't seem to have any hot reads. It's as if him taking off and running is the hot read. This season has been a bit frustrating and a lot of local fans seem to think that Harvin is the panacea to our passing ills. And for sure, he'll be able to squeeze out more production from our short passing game. But this offense hasn't been clicking like it did last year and 6 games into the season, it's starting to look like we're not misfiring -- but simply this is what we're going to expect going forward.

Of course, it's difficult to divorce the fact that we started struggling the most, when we lost both our starting tackles. Those guys should provide a boost too when they return. Bottom line is, Wilson is not executing on the 10-25 yard patterns that he was last year. And there are guys open on those routes. Unless Harvin's introduction to this offense gives Wilson the confidence to make those deeper throws, then his return will have a lessened impact.

Props for a level-headed assessment of your team. Are you sure you're actually a Seahawks fan? :smug:

Harvin can do YAC stuff that noone else on this team can do.

Props for a level-headed assessment of your team. Are you sure you're actually a Seahawks fan? :smug:

Yeah. Attyla's awesome like that. I try to follow his example, but I'm not as knowledgeable as he is. nor am I able to keep my emotions in check as well as him. Anyhoo...

The jury is still out for me on how much of an impact Harvin will make. I'm sure he'll improve our game. The question is how much. Like Attyla said, Wilson isn't quite getting the same touch on his passes he was last year, and he's not seeing open guys down the field. Hopefully that's just a function of our shitty pass protection making him antsy in the pocket. If our pass-blocking improves it should help him feel more secure instead of always feeling like he has to take off.

Harvin should at least lend the offense the feeling of confidence that comes with having a legit #1 reciever on the field. Someone who is either always getting open or drawing multiple coverage so someone else can get open. Whether that translates into immediate success or not remains to be seen. I don't expect Harvin's return to suddenly turn our offense into the Broncos, but it should hopefully help smooth out a few more of the wrinkles and make the passing game bit more consistent.

Edited by Jayrus

Wilson is fine guys aren't getting open and the line is duct taped at the moment just be happy to be 6-1 if we had a statue back there i guarantee you we wouldn't have that record.

If you think i am being a homer go listen to Kurt Warner who has even said this about our WR's.

Edited by Sacks98

Wilson is fine guys aren't getting open and the line is duct taped at the moment just be happy to be 6-1 if we had a statue back there i guarantee you we wouldn't have that record.

If you think i am being a homer go listen to Kurt Warner who has even said this about our WR's.

Nobody is selling Wilson short. In fact I doubt any other QB could have us 6-1 behind that line. We're just saying he's missed a few throws that he'd normally be expected to make. Happens to the best of QBs. Last week against Arizona he looked damn good until the protection started breaking down and he had to fend for himself again. No QB can look great when defenders are in his face the moment he snaps the ball.

Anyway, back to the topic of Harvin. Carroll is on record saying Harvin is day to day and they won't rush him back. Harvin agrees with this assessment. I would prefer we hold him out at least another week. We don't need him against St. Louis with the shape they're in right now having lost their QB. There's no reason at all to take that risk. If Carroll sticks to his take it slow approach Harvin shouldn't see a single snap next Monday. Maybe he gets a handful of snaps in garbage time if he looks totally and completely healed, but I'd rather not even see him on the field at all next week. There's no point.

Nobody is selling Wilson short. In fact I doubt any other QB could have us 6-1 behind that line. We're just saying he's missed a few throws that he'd normally be expected to make. Happens to the best of QBs. Last week against Arizona he looked damn good until the protection started breaking down and he had to fend for himself again. No QB can look great when defenders are in his face the moment he snaps the ball.

Anyway, back to the topic of Harvin. Carroll is on record saying Harvin is day to day and they won't rush him back. Harvin agrees with this assessment. I would prefer we hold him out at least another week. We don't need him against St. Louis with the shape they're in right now having lost their QB. There's no reason at all to take that risk. If Carroll sticks to his take it slow approach Harvin shouldn't see a single snap next Monday. Maybe he gets a handful of snaps in garbage time if he looks totally and completely healed, but I'd rather not even see him on the field at all next week. There's no point.

If it is just a matter of conditioning or game shape i think he should play on Monday night for at least 6 or so plays.

I do agree though that from reading into Pete and Harvin that he probably won't play.

Edited by Sacks98

Percy Harvin won't play for Seattle Seahawks on 'MNF'

All those people who spent their week with fingers crossed in hopes Percy Harvin would play Monday night are going to be disappointed.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Saturday that Harvin will not play Monday against the St. Louis Rams. His status remains day to day.

Carroll is making good on his promise earlier in the week that he wouldn't rush Harvin back.

Assessing the Seahawks, there really is no reason to push Harvin onto the field until he's truly 100 percent and up to speed on the offense. It's not like the 6-1 team was desperate for a playmaker -- Russell Wilson has proven that on a week-to-week basis.

Harvin being able to jet from the jump for a playoff run is more important that getting him for a late-October skirmish against the Rams.

Kevin Patra @ NFL.com

Just as we all expected. As cool as it would have been to finally see him on the field there's no need to rush him back for a game like this. Best to let him get 100% physically and up to speed with the offense in practice than to rush him out to play against a QB-less Rams squad in late October. Good call.

Edited by Jayrus

I would expect him to be playing 2 games before the Saints game. Enough to knock off the rust for the Saints/Niners back to back contests.

He's going to destroy for you guys. If he could destroy with only AP and Kyle Rudolph, he should obliterate with Russel Wilson, Beastmode, Rice, Tate, and any other talented receivers I'm sure you guys have.

Deployed in 5 hours :rock: