Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

What are the chances of the Eagles winning the NFCE?

I'll post my thoughts after I see what some of you guys think.

Sunday, Nov. 10 @Green Bay Packers 1 PM FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Nov. 17 Washington Redskins 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Nov. 24 BYE WEEK

Sunday, Dec. 1 Arizona Cardinals 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Dec. 8 Detroit Lions 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Dec. 15 @Minnesota Vikings 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Dec. 22 Chicago Bears 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Sunday, Dec. 29 @Dallas Cowboys 1 PM+ FOX/94 WIP

Edited by seanbrock

I've said all year that they would win it. Not changing. Cowboys will blow it, Redskins aren't good enough and Tom Coughlin isn't on the hot seat.

A-Rod going down right before the Packers game turns that from a loss into a win, I think.

I think it all depends on Nick Foles. He needs to put us into the playoffs. Can he do it? I definitely have my doubts, but with a last place schedule and a wide open division, anything can happen.

The Eagles have one job if they want to jump right into the discussion: contain Eddie Lacy. They either do that, or Green Bay wins this weekend.

Bears won and let Eddard run rampant. Eagels will be fine against the Packers. Green Bay is content in playing this horrible off-coverage while getting no pass rush at all. We all saw last week what Foles can do when he has time to throw... And he will have all the time in the world Sunday. It disappoints me to say, but you have to go into this game thinking you are the favorite if you are a fan of Philly.

The Eagles have one job if they want to jump right into the discussion: contain Eddie Lacy. They either do that, or Green Bay wins this weekend.

I heard the Eagles have this guy LeSean McCoy that's pretty good too...

My fantasy team tells me that he has struggled the last few weeks. Packers should give him a nice stage to reemerge.

The Eagles will need McCoy, because the 7 TD performance was one of the biggest anomalies in league history, because Foles is really middle of the road. I mean, Peyton Manning does it and you're not that surprised, but we're talking about a kid who's not all that good, and probably won't be at any point.

Not sure how many times you've seen Foles, but sometimes this is exactly how I feel. Sometimes he looks like he just flat out doesn't have the arm talent to be a starter in the NFL.

The Eagles will need McCoy, because the 7 TD performance was one of the biggest anomalies in league history, because Foles is really middle of the road. I mean, Peyton Manning does it and you're not that surprised, but we're talking about a kid who's not all that good, and probably won't be at any point.

There are a lot of things to like about Foles. The thing I'm most impressed with is how good he is at moving in the pocket as a QB.He's a tall guy who sees the whole field and he's deceptively athletic. He even knows when to pull the ball down and run and even though he's so slow he's very efficient running the ball which at first glance looking at his career 3.7 ypc you might dismiss but consider that of the 23 carries he has 8 first downs and 2 TD's. Lets keep in mind that Foles has only started 13 games in his career. His decision making is pretty good when he has time and considering the fact that he's a second year player with a little less than a seasons worth of starts under his belt and never having the benefit of being named starter in the offseason and getting all the first team reps he gets with that. I mean, if you look at his stat line with all things considered with how much of a mess this team was last year and how decimated it was with injuries his career numbers are 383 for 235 (61%) and 2,727 yards with 19 TD's and 5 INT's.

My biggest knock on Foles was his deep ball. This year in two out of three of his starts his deep ball has been far more accurate. It almost like his arm got a little stronger. He must have done something with his throwing motion or delivery or something but it has looked better in all aspects. Against Dallas, he was pretty clearly playing hurt. He was missing throws that no pro QB should ever miss and Jason Hatcher was dominant in that game. I definitely want to see how he plays the rest of the year, but with his arm being as questionable I really don't see it being a good idea to invest too much of our future into him when we're in good position to draft a franchise QB. I mean, what did we bring Chip Kelly here for? He was brought in to put his stamp on the team. We've made the transition to a 3-4. We have a new identity offensively. We're much more committed to the running game.We just run a different style everything and part of that plan I think has to have been all along to find that franchise QB in the draft and groom him and start an overhaul process of pretty much the whole team from the ground up.

I don't think I would read too much if with our last place schedule combined with how shit our division if we get in the playoffs at 9-7 and get knocked out, but Kelly runs a pretty damn good offense. I think it could certainly happen though.The best team remaining on that schedule with Rodgers out this week is Detroit and they're definitely better than us, but I think we'd have a shot against them.They're far from a dominant team.

We get Eagle games so rarely that it's hard for me to give judge Foles too thoroughly, but from what I've seen in games against Dallas, he just doesn't scare me as an opposing QB. He had a good game against the 'boys last year, but god knows how bad that defense was.

I find him significantly better than Mike Vick, but then again, he simply has to be competent to be so. I think Matt Barkley could surprise and be Philly's QB of the future, but if Foles can continue to be efficient, perhaps he'll take it over for good.

It is time to properly bury and pay our respects to Mike Vick's career, though. That much is certain.

They have a great chance. I fully expect the Cowboys to collapse, er, continue their collapse. NY is surging, and not to knock on their 4 game win streak, but they've faced Freeman, Barkley, Pryor and Tolzien. But momentum is momentum, no matter where it comes from. I just don't see their recent success continuing (although I'm fully aware of what Eli and co. are capable of). Like I said, possible, but I don't see it happening, although I do still think they have a slight chance of taking the NFCE.

At this point, I really think the division is the Eagles' to lose.