AL_Royalty

Ohio State is new #2. Thoughts?

Wisconsin is not that good, lol. They lost AT Camp Randle to Penn State! So no, it's not regardless of anyone's opinions.

Hey, great logic. You lost to a bad team, so you're a bad team. By that logic, every team that lost to Minnesota in the Big Ten is bad.

There are these things called upsets, you know.

The way Penn State is put together right now, no team worth ANYTHING should be losing to them. Period. As much as it hurts me to say that, it's the way it is. And since Wisconsin lost to them, I don't see how Ohio State beating them is such a great win.

Wisconsin is a good win, Iowa is just a win. Remember we are/were talking about a potential Championship team. Those two wins just shouldn't get you there. MSU was the big win to be had, for OSU to declare that they belong on the stage and they lost.

They declared they belonged on the stage by winning their games. They had a shit schedule and a shit defense, but they still won their games. Florida State still has a lower SOS than OSU. They won their games, and they got to the stage. OSU lost their last game, but to say that they were frauds the entire time is complete bullshit and honestly irritating. While this streak doesn't have relevance to their title runs, what other team the past few years has won 24 in a row? I think people forget that, even with a weak schedule, that isn't an easy feat.

In comparison to Auburn, OSU didn't belong on the stage. Auburn deserved it more. They played a much much tougher schedule. I'd equate a Wisconsin win AT BEST to a Georgia win (and I think that is being generous towards Ohio State/Wisconsin lol). I don't see any team on Ohio State's schedule of the calibre of Texas A&M, LSU, Mizzou, and ALABAMA besides MSU which OSU lost to. Ohio State loses their undefeated status and they were completely out of the running. To me, that says it all about them.

But I need to stop bashing B1G football, Maryland is in it now lol

Edited by BJORN

In comparison to Auburn, OSU didn't belong on the stage. Auburn deserved it more. They played a much much tougher schedule. I'd equate a Wisconsin win AT BEST to a Georgia win (and I think that is being generous towards Ohio State/Wisconsin lol). I don't see any team on Ohio State's schedule of the calibre of Texas A&M, LSU, Mizzou, and ALABAMA besides MSU which OSU lost to. Ohio State loses their undefeated status and they were completely out of the running. To me, that says it all about them.

But I need to stop bashing B1G football, Maryland is in it now lol

Auburn lost, and that's just how the BCS works. I don't think OSU is or ever was better than Auburn, but they lost. So none of this "they deserve it more" crap. It doesn't matter who you lose to in the eyes of the rankings, you just lose. If OSU had played the #1 team in the country and barely lost, yet still had time to recover from the loss, I would still expect an undefeated team with a lesser record to make it over them.

OSU should have lost their status, and I'm not debating that. I don't understand what you mean by, "Ohio State loses their undefeated status and they were completely out of the running. To me, that says it all about them. " Are you implying that the BCS didn't think OSU deserved a shot after losing? Fucking obviously, they didn't. They lost in the last game before the season. If it was even Alabama doing that, I would probably destroy everything in my house and go streaking until I died of hypothermia.

What I meant was Auburn has one loss but still had a great case to go in over a potentially undefeated team in Ohio State. Once Ohio State lost, they were done. It really just shows that Ohio State lived on a easy schedule to get where they were and that Auburn really had to earn their spot. It may be harsh to discount Ohio State's 24 winning streak but it's the truth.

I never thought OSU deserved to go in over Auburn but I did say they would if they went undefeated only because of the rankings and the committee would never reject a undefeated team from the B1G. That doesn't mean they deserved to go over Auburn though. I'm just going to leave at that because : :deadhorse: