Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Raiders keeping Dennis Allen for 2014

Raiders owner Mark Davis confirms Dennis Allen will be back as the team's coach in 2014.

"We met (Tuesday) evening at the Raider facility, and the meeting went really well," Davis told ESPN. "We talked about a lot of things, from personnel issues to the coaches to a review of the past season to the draft and our needs for next season. ... We're ready to rock and roll." It's unclear how much, if any, danger Allen's job was actually in, but he's getting a deserved third season at the helm in Oakland. GM Reggie McKenzie's roster, and not Allen's coaching, was the problem in 2013. Neither McKenzie nor Allen is going to have much rope in 2014.

I don't think he is doing a bad job, but I see him getting fired after year three because that team doesn't have the talent to win.

I'm praying that Mark Davis loses patience and cleans house before McKenzie gets things going in Oakland. Because I'm fairly confident he can build a winner given time.

If the Raiders never fired Hue Jackson or Tom Cable after him they'd be a lot better off. Oakland has been bad for a long time and there has been no consistency on that team. Dennis Allen deserves a chance.

Raiders assistants want out :rofl:. Just when you think they had turned the corner too.

According to reports Bucs were able to get Tony Sparano, who is a helluva OL coach. Excited to have him.

Raiders assistants want out :rofl:. Just when you think they had turned the corner too.

According to reports Bucs were able to get Tony Sparano, who is a helluva OL coach. Excited to have him.

Sparano resigned for two years with the Raiders.

Oops...