Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Johnny Pun

Eh. NBD imo. You'd rather hear something like that coming from a personal interview with an FO or something, but either way, confident/arrogant athletes gonna be confident/arrogant. Nothing wrong with that (as long as they back it up).

Out of my quarterback I want poise and composure, not someone who parties and taunts.

How do you come to the conclusion he's non of the above from a comment he made that... Probably goes through every prospect's mind who has a shot of going #1?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

He compares himself to other QBs, tells the world he should be the #1 pick, is always seen in all the wrong places off the field, and has a reputation of talking too much to opposition and getting personal conduct fouls. The way he carries himself as a person makes you think Jay Cutler, someone that has no righteousness in their soul whatsoever, which may be fine for a DL or WR every now and then, but if someone does that at the quarterback position it carries the whole team down the shitter. Those are simply not good leadership qualities. During the grind of a season, the quarterback has to be a staple, leader, and encourager.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

I've known BC on this forum for over SIX YEARS... I have never associated him with logic until this very moment.

He compares himself to other QBs, tells the world he should be the #1 pick, is always seen in all the wrong places off the field, and has a reputation of talking too much to opposition and getting personal conduct fouls. The way he carries himself as a person makes you think Jay Cutler, someone that has no righteousness in their soul whatsoever, which may be fine for a DL or WR every now and then, but if someone does that at the quarterback position it carries the whole team down the shitter. Those are simply not good leadership qualities. During the grind of a season, the quarterback has to be a staple, leader, and encourager.

And I'm not denying any of this. I'm more down on him then everyone on this forum combined (3rd rd. grade).

All I've been saying is that there's nothing wrong with the statements he made concerning teams not drafting him. His remarks in this situation is a non story.

With me though I personally don't believe in "morals" because it's all subjective. Meaning people will say someone who kills someone has no morals right? Well when the person they killed did something horrible like say raping someone you know, or they're a soldier who killed someone fighting for their country, or they're a child molester we waive that moral because it seems justified. So what's a moral if it doesn't always stand?

I think it's silly to believe in good and evil. Also people I've heard claim to be "righteous" have been some of the worst humans I've known. This is why I don't look down at a guy like a Richard Sherman, or a Johnny Manziel. I think "righteousness" is fabricated, and at it's core pretentious. So a guy gets a little emotional in a competitive situation, it doesn't mean he's not a good leader. If you're on that guys team you love it. If you're not (including fans, not just the other team) it can turn you off. But it doesn't legitimize itself into showing they're not a good leader. Also, what a guy does off the field in terms of having fun as long as he's doing his job and doing it well shouldn't matter one bit. But that's just my opinion. :shrug:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Gonna be a lot of upset people here when Manziel takes the league by storm.

• Upvote 1

clean-sheen-meme-generator-nah-just-kidd

3257346787_LOL_BRAH_NOT_GONNA_HAPPEN_ans

819c3c83dd63fc3b870d6e0b37f25aacdbbc55b4

Edited by Favre4Ever