Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

The Dumbest Shit People Do, These Days

I figured it'd be fun to create a thread about all of the stupid shit that people do these days. What are some of your biggest pet peeves about our current society. I've got a fairly long winded one to start us off, but these don't need to have long explanations. Mine is more of a joke, anyway.

Here goes:

People who have to take pictures every thirty seconds, most of whom are women. That shit makes being a wingman hard. You have to be able to pick off every dumb friend on the planet and act like all her fucking pictures are something else.

"Oh, that's you on the way to the bar?"

"Oh, that's you ten feet further down the sidewalk?"
"Oh, that's you at the street sign that the bar is on?"
"Oh, that's you outside of the bar?"
"Oh, that's you at the entrance of the bar getting ID'd?"
"Oh, that's you walking through the entrance of the bar?"

All the while, you're thinking Jesus Henry Christ. This is the 6th picture with the bouncer in it. Does this bitch have no short term memory?

And if you are weak willed when it comes to dealing with stupidity, as I am, you just have to tell your buddies that they better close on the hottie fast or they're fucked.

On a more serious note, why in the fuck do people need so many pictures, these days? Most of which suck? Don't our memories suffice? Even a bad one like mine--I'm good just knowing I had a good time. Anything that really matters is going to hold an emotional charge and I won't forget it.

Seriously, who needs 3000 pictures over the course of a lifetime, let alone a year?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Mine mostly piggy-backs your pet peeve. For me it's just people who are addicted to their phones and can't go one minute without looking at them.

My girlfriend is glued to her phone (mostly Facebook or Instagram bullshit) and it drives me crazy! If I tell her to get off her phone, she gets flustered and it just makes the situation that much worse. It's very drug addict like, and she needs her "fix."

When a customer comes into my workplace and they're on the phone I completely ignore their existence. I think it's extremely rude to do that. I'm just not going to try to help you out while you're having a stupid conversation about your seven year old's soccer game.

^ Louis C.K. understands my feelings.

• Upvote 2

In a $1.5 million civil lawsuit, a McDonald's customer says he suffered "undue mental anguish" after he was given just one napkin when he visited one of the burger chain's restaurants.

Fucking Taco Bell forgot my straw. I'm suing for 5 million for damages and grief. I lost my favorite shirt because of it!