Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Chernobyl's Draft Center

Solid big board. I just like Fuller higher on the list. That kid has some great tape.

Almost put Fuller higher, but the talent in front of him makes it difficult to do so. I can't see him in the top 15. MAYBE the top 20. Definitely a fan of Fuller though. Have him going to Cincy in the mock, even.

I like the hard work. But I have four main issues....

1.) Demarcus Lawrence at #74.....you might as well project this guy as a stand-up rushing LB, because if a team wants him to play a true DE it will take time to build that mass. But looking at him as a rush LB I'm not sure who you like better than him except Khalil Mack. The one knock besides the frame is he doesn't have alot of experience dropping into coverage...neither does Clowney or Barr but they will be high picks. This guy is number 1 on my list when it comes to pass rushing technique and moves. He plays alot faster than he ran and he has the exact same frame Aldon Smith had coming out that you can build on.

2.) NO Terrence Brooks.....Brooks from Florida State is a monster of a safety prospect. Not sure how he is falling through the cracks. You watch the tape and he had more range than Clinton-Dix going sideline to sideline making deflections and big plays, and he lights people up almost as good Pryor or Bucannon. He ran darn near a 4.3 at the combine and has typical NFL size. Maybe some character issues I don't know about or something, but his skill level compared to the other safeties....even to his teammate Joyner is up there.

3.) Jarvis Landry at #108....this is where game speed and track speed gets teams in trouble. I don't care about his slow 40 time when we have seen his ability to break away in the game. With his tough possession talent the biggest skill he needs is the ability to separate with his routes....and he can do that from day one. He competes, leads, and wants to be better. I keep hearing 3rd or 4th round when I see a first round/early second round pick.

4.) Ka'Deem Carey at #26.....Total head-scratcher. I would need this one explained to me. He isn't even in my top 5 running backs.

Edited by butta55
  • Upvote 2

I like the hard work. But I have four main issues....

1.) Demarcus Lawrence at #74.....you might as well project this guy as a stand-up rushing LB, because if a team wants him to play a true DE it will take time to build that mass. But looking at him as a rush LB I'm not sure who you like better than him except Khalil Mack. The one knock besides the frame is he doesn't have alot of experience dropping into coverage...neither does Clowney or Barr but they will be high picks. This guy is number 1 on my list when it comes to pass rushing technique and moves. He plays alot faster than he ran and he has the exact same frame Aldon Smith had coming out that you can build on.

2.) NO Terrence Brooks.....Brooks from Florida State is a monster of a safety prospect. Not sure how he is falling through the cracks. You watch the tape and he had more range than Clinton-Dix going sideline to sideline making deflections and big plays, and he lights people up almost as good Pryor or Bucannon. He ran darn near a 4.3 at the combine and has typical NFL size. Maybe some character issues I don't know about or something, but his skill level compared to the other safeties....even to his teammate Joyner is up there.

3.) Jarvis Landry at #108....this is where game speed and track speed gets teams in trouble. I don't care about his slow 40 time when we have seen his ability to break away in the game. With his tough possession talent the biggest skill he needs is the ability to separate with his routes....and he can do that from day one. He competes, leads, and wants to be better. I keep hearing 3rd or 4th round when I see a first round/early second round pick.

4.) Ka'Deem Carey at #26.....Total head-scratcher. I would need this one explained to me. He isn't even in my top 5 running backs.

Landry I wanted to put higher but it didn't feel right. He has the best hands in the draft, but the rest of his game is average/below average. He can easily develop into a star though. Amazing fight for possession of the ball. I expect a role-player #3/#4 WR that excels in his spot.

Demarcus Lawrence, I wasn't sure where this guy fits. As a rush OLB he is #2 behind Mack, but I don't think that would last him long without the ability to drop back. It all depends on his situation. If he lands to the right team he will be the next Aldon Smith. If he goes to the wrong one he will be a practice squad guy. I put him at DE so he can rush the QB every play, but it would take quite some time to develop.

Brooks I wanted to have higher but it's more of a peer pressure thing. Not many people are big fans of him, and I don't wanna fight the trend to the extreme. I've only seen a few games of his and it has looked average. I'll have to go back and review some more tape.

Carey. I just fell in love with his drive and ability to make plays. Most running backs have a single thing that they rely on. Speed. Power. Receiving ability. Blocking. Carey can do all of it. I might just be hyping him up too much due to the fact he hasn't faced many NFL caliber talents. Maybe just a having a skill position obsession with him.

It's all good, though my opinion lies more with what butta said regarding those players everyone has their own opinion on the talent and how it projects to the next level. We all got our guys, we rank dudes different, etc. None of us are 100% right. I just think it's interesting to see the different feelings regarding certain players. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Demarcus Lawrence, I wasn't sure where this guy fits. As a rush OLB he is #2 behind Mack, but I don't think that would last him long without the ability to drop back. It all depends on his situation. If he lands to the right team he will be the next Aldon Smith. If he goes to the wrong one he will be a practice squad guy. I put him at DE so he can rush the QB every play, but it would take quite some time to develop.

Carey. I just fell in love with his drive and ability to make plays. Most running backs have a single thing that they rely on. Speed. Power. Receiving ability. Blocking. Carey can do all of it. I might just be hyping him up too much due to the fact he hasn't faced many NFL caliber talents. Maybe just a having a skill position obsession with him.

-Ware can't play coverage I don't care what anyone says, Clowney is talked about going to Houston where he will have to be a LB and he can't play coverage. Aldon Smith can't cover. Mathis doesn't play coverage. I could keep going. I agree it depends on his situation, but his lack of coverage ability shouldn't be a huge hit because there aren't many rush backers coming out that can. Not to mention he has the fluid athleticism to learn how to play coverage. I don't think Mack is instinctive whatsoever in coverage, but his elite movement ability tells me once he understands the concepts he has the tools to do it. Same goes for Lawrence on a lesser level.

-Carey ran a 4.7 in the 40 and didn't look that fast on tape at least not to break away from anyone. Power? Meh it's right on par with what you see from the other backs in this draft. Balance? Yes he is amazingly nimble. Blocking? Yes he fights hard to block, but still needs better technique. Receiving? Not my favorite open-field runner and hands aren't that special, a check-down guy at his best. No back is first or even second round talent. So no back should be a top 50 player in this draft.

• Upvote 1

It's all good, though my opinion lies more with what butta said regarding those players everyone has their own opinion on the talent and how it projects to the next level. We all got our guys, we rank dudes different, etc. None of us are 100% right. I just think it's interesting to see the different feelings regarding certain players. :yep:

I've learned about players I'd have never looked at from a couple people and it's definitely true what you say because every scout, blogger, forum member and draft site has their own rankings. This class is really deep in a few positions too, so I think that makes it even more muddled.

I agree and I'm more interested in hearing people defend their rankings because it gives me new ideas or points out something I may have not seen at first.

• Upvote 1

Oh and you guys know how I feel about Dion Bailey lol. I'd have drafted him in the 2nd in the mock game or traded up to get him if I didn't take Pryor in the first. I see a lot of Troy Polamalu in Bailey. Kid is gonna be a stud.If he gets some good coaching in the NFL look out because he has the skill set to do it all from either safety position and he can catch a pick too; not a stone hands DB.

• Upvote 1

-Ware can't play coverage I don't care what anyone says, Clowney is talked about going to Houston where he will have to be a LB and he can't play coverage. Aldon Smith can't cover. Mathis doesn't play coverage. I could keep going. I agree it depends on his situation, but his lack of coverage ability shouldn't be a huge hit because there aren't many rush backers coming out that can. Not to mention he has the fluid athleticism to learn how to play coverage. I don't think Mack is instinctive whatsoever in coverage, but his elite movement ability tells me once he understands the concepts he has the tools to do it. Same goes for Lawrence on a lesser level.

-Carey ran a 4.7 in the 40 and didn't look that fast on tape at least not to break away from anyone. Power? Meh it's right on par with what you see from the other backs in this draft. Balance? Yes he is amazingly nimble. Blocking? Yes he fights hard to block, but still needs better technique. Receiving? Not my favorite open-field runner and hands aren't that special, a check-down guy at his best. No back is first or even second round talent. So no back should be a top 50 player in this draft.

I'm gonna go back and watch some more tape on Lawrence and Carey. I'll see if anything changes with the stuff you said. Carey will probably fall though. I feel like I started him off too high anyways.

So how you guys liking the mock draft presentation? Kept it smooth? :think:

Really don't see the hype behind Lee. No way is he a first rounder to me. I'm also extremely surprised you have Hageman so low.

Your mock is interesting though, I don't see Gilbert going that high.

Really don't see the hype behind Lee. No way is he a first rounder to me. I'm also extremely surprised you have Hageman so low.

Your mock is interesting though, I don't see Gilbert going that high.

Hageman has been rising up my board since I created it, and the more I see, the more I rise him. He's probably gonna end up in my top 20 once I get some more study done. I'm also a little surprised I had him at 33 when I checked my board again.

Gilbert at #5 just feels like a Raiders pick, to be honest. Speed. Athleticism. He's everything the Raiders like in a player. I highly doubt they take a QB cause of Schaub, and G-Rob isn't worth the #5 spot.

Why would Wiz select a QB who can do nothing but run(and has a small body so his running won't last long), and will struggle at being a pocket passer in the league when his ideal QB is a pocket passer? Jake Locker is pushing it a bit with his style of play as is. Manziel? lolol, no.

I LOVE the Moncrief pick to Carolina. He is the one second tier receiver who I believe will end up in the first round. He is really big and really fast, and Carolina is just the team to take a reach on him in this desparate time late in the first round where you can get creative. Exactly one of the draft day suprises I was thinking of.

Ebron would be a weird pick for the Bucs. I can't see us taking a TE that high with Tim Wright on the roster who was solid as a rookie.

Ebron would be a weird pick for the Bucs. I can't see us taking a TE that high with Tim Wright on the roster who was solid as a rookie.

Still seeing major need at TE. Not sold enough on Wright, but I get the whole Evans pick most people have set on. Need some more background on Wright though; might change the pick.

Why would Wiz select a QB who can do nothing but run(and has a small body so his running won't last long), and will struggle at being a pocket passer in the league when his ideal QB is a pocket passer? Jake Locker is pushing it a bit with his style of play as is. Manziel? lolol, no.

Locker is made of glass, and Carr isn't worth a first rounder. Bridgewater and Bortles are gone. Titans NEED a QB though.

I LOVE the Moncrief pick to Carolina. He is the one second tier receiver who I believe will end up in the first round. He is really big and really fast, and Carolina is just the team to take a reach on him in this desparate time late in the first round where you can get creative. Exactly one of the draft day suprises I was thinking of.

Big fan of Moncrief. He has the physicality to be a #1, and just needs a bit of time to develop into a star. With most of the other big names off the board, I think he fits perfectly for what Carolina is looking for. You don't find your #1 receiver in the later rounds.

Still seeing major need at TE. Not sold enough on Wright, but I get the whole Evans pick most people have set on. Need some more background on Wright though; might change the pick.

Locker is made of glass, and Carr isn't worth a first rounder. Bridgewater and Bortles are gone. Titans NEED a QB though.

Big fan of Moncrief. He has the physicality to be a #1, and just needs a bit of time to develop into a star. With most of the other big names off the board, I think he fits perfectly for what Carolina is looking for. You don't find your #1 receiver in the later rounds.

So we draft a QB who doesn't fit our system at all? I think Wiz would rather have to start Whitehurst if Locker went down than Manziel. Do we need a QB? Yes, but you don't pick someone so out of place.

Drafting a QB who is a complete retard off the field and doesn't fit the system on the field would be so stupid. Mock Carr to us in the 2nd instead. Makes 100% more sense.

Edited by .AirMcNair.