47. CJ Fiedorowicz

48. Kelvin Benjamin
49. Marqise Lee
50. Brandon Thomas
51. Trai Turner
52. Stephon Tuitt
53. Timmy Jernigan
54. Daniel McCullers

While I think Jason Verrett is, and will be the best corner in the class, I really love Dennard. I have him as a late first rounder, but that's because I really don't know how well his game will translate. And whether he will get the Richard treatment (from the officials), or if he'll get the Brandon Browner treatment.

• Upvote 2

Sua Filo is too low for my liking but otherwise pretty solid.

How is Sammy Watkins not in the Top 10 but Mike Evans is? Sammy Watkins is the only receiver in this draft who I see as being able to be elite I think Lee is super low too.

• Upvote 2

Brandon Thomas just tore his ACL.

Sua Filo is too low for my liking but otherwise pretty solid.

He's a high second/ low first rd guy to me. He's a guy who will play from day one and be solid, but I don't ever think he'll be great by any means.

How is Sammy Watkins not in the Top 10 but Mike Evans is? Sammy Watkins is the only receiver in this draft who I see as being able to be elite I think Lee is super low too.

Watkins to me is a rich man's Torrey Smith. Which is great, but not elite. Watching Watkins play and watching Smith play you get the same impression. I don't really see him as a constant among the top 10 among receivers.

I see Mike Evans in that discussion every year. He has the tools you look for in a receiver when picking in the top 10.

And as far as Lee is concerned, I'm just not overly impressed. He's a development guy. He always catches the ball with his body or "under hand", watching the combine and some of his games, you can see that he has an awful catching technique.

Route running is meh, body control is bad, and injury issues to boot. I see potential, but not a first round talent. Would be lower if it wasn't for athleticism.

Brandon Thomas just tore his ACL.

He did, I'm still not ready to put him lower as a prospect. I wouldn't draft him that high anymore, but assuming he comes back to form, he'll still be pretty good.

Any explanations on Richburg at 9, M. Smith at 20, K. Mart at 23, and McCullers at 54?

Any explanations on Richburg at 9, M. Smith at 20, K. Mart at 23, and McCullers at 54?

I see Richburg as an all-pro center, a superstar at his position. That warrants him being a top 10 player in my book. This doesn't necessarily mean I think he should be drafted up there (value wise) but if the Lions were on the clock and they took him at 10, I would be happy.

Pop in his games and he moves so incredibly well, his footwork is amazing. Unlike with guys like Lewan who struggle with technique, Richburg has it down pat, and I'd argue is ahead of the likes of Matthews in that department.

With Marcus Smith, I see in him what everyone wants to see in Barr (who you won't see in my top 55).

He's more explosive then Barr. Great first step. There are instances like this where he's already in the backfield before the OT can even react:

ZanyOnlyBinturong.gif

On these two plays he's left unblocked, but still, they show his amazing first step.

VagueRectangularAfricanmolesnake.gif

UglyFrequentAmmonite.gif

He can move as well as Barr in space:

MiserableIllinformedEgret.gif

VerifiablePitifulAgama.gif

And he can hold his own at the point of attack, which is why Louisvile sometimes even lined him up at the 3tech.

AcademicNeighboringIberianlynx.gif

His hand placement, and use of hands aren't the best, and he isn't the strongest, which are negaives, plus, he doesn't have amazing potential. but his quickness, speed, lateral movement, instincts, and motor are all pluses. He plays very controlled for a guy who's that athletic for that size.

Martin is a puzzling one because when I watched him, I really didn't think he'd test out all that well. he has the potential to be the best DE in this class (yes better then Clowney). Looked like a late 2nd most of the time on film though. Had everything you look for in a 4-3 DE, but he looked sluggish off the ball (probably due to always standing straight up), unmotivated, and unwilling to disengage off blockers.

He's got the checklist that you look for from a DE. Size, length, athletic ability, production. But he looks like he should be better. Athletically he's on par with JPP, but he doesn't look it on film most of the time. So therefor, coaching is going to play a big factor on how good he becomes (kinda like Mohamed Wilkerson).

He's got potential at any point to give you plays like this:

unc-safety-against-cincy.gif

kareem.gif

McCullers is all potential to me. If he can be coached up properly, he's got the tools to be the best 3-4 NT in the NFL.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Also, here's a guy who demonstrates the issues with Lee's hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jcCSU-sFRs

He showed it at the combine too.

leecombinebodycatch.gif

leecombinedrop.gif

He just seems to be completely apposed to putting his hands together when it comes to catching the ball. It seems almost habitual. And if that's the case, good luck coaching that out of him.

His speed and route running are all questionable as well.

• Upvote 2

Overall, I agree with most of this, but I would have Mosley a lot higher. I think he is gonna be a stud in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Eh, maybe after his junior year I would maybe of had him higher, but he showed some real issues last year. Doesn't have much upside, and he really isn't great against the run.

I'm not a fan of Lee at all.

IDT that he's going to be bad by any means. But, potential aside, not much else is going for him imo.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I can't seem to find QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) anywhere.

Campin, responding to your post would be way too mainstream for me. So now I'm starting (and ending) the trend of posting my response on top of your quote, rather then underneath it. :yep:

Richburg 9th overall? Very ballsy, very hipstr. QtcCrwv.png

I can't seem to find QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) anywhere.

I'm a armchair scout Manziel hater, have been for a while (3rd rd. grade). And will be willing to eat crow when he proves me wrong.

• Upvote 1