CampinWithaMissingPerson

Braxton Miller reinjures shoulder, season in doubt

That really sucks for him, felt he had a big senior season in the cards.

Ohio State was exposed in every facet of that game. Personally, I think JT played decently considering his receivers dropped numerous big throws (including two touchdowns) and his offensive line couldn't block for shit. What I didn't get was that in the face of the pressure that would reach the pocket in 4-5 seconds, we were calling plays that required longer than that to develop. The result? Numerous sacks and three interceptions. I was in the upper deck, and just about every time they blitzed they left the middle pretty open. One of the few times they called a quick slant to the middle, OSU scored because the receiver had ONE guy to beat and it was the man covering him. I just didn't get why OSU kept trying to force the deep ball, when it was clear that VT was defending it after OSU started beating them with it at the beginning.

Then the defense. I was more-or-less happy with the defense. They forced 3 turnovers and held their own for a while. They forced 3-and-outs, but the offense did shit. We kept our defense out for so long, I'm really not surprised that they gave up those last two TDs. That being said, in the first half OSU was blitzing a lot and getting no pressure. VT was passing straight over the blitz with shorter passes, which OSU should have honestly been doing.

All-in-all, I've kind of lost hope for this season. The B1G is weak enough that OSU could still win the conference, because if they beat MSU they are a lock to win the conference. Minnesota had the most convincing win yesterday, and they beat MTSU 35-24. They didn't even play well. An awful day for the B1G. I'd say MSU is the strongest team in the conference at this point, but that's not saying much.

I hope Urban is able to salvage the recruiting efforts of the numerous high profile recruits, which happened to include the No. 1 RB and No. 1 overall prospect, both of which had OSU highly ranked going into this weekend (Damien Harris was strongly favored to commit to OSU before the game).

I had to get pretty drunk just to forget that we lost, but then that all came back this morning - plus a minor hangover.

Cardale Jones :badass:

For the record:

2rztp29.jpg

• Upvote 1