Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

What a BRUTAL way to lose a game

Welcome to the feeling of being an English soccer fan on the international stage. This shit always happens, it's just unreal.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the feeling of being an English soccer fan on the international stage. This shit always happens, it's just unreal.

England still had a very good showing, if I'm not mistaken this was the first time your women's team made it to the World Cup semifinals

England still had a very good showing, if I'm not mistaken this was the first time your women's team made it to the World Cup semifinals

Yes it was and tbh they put on a lot better performance than the Mens team have done in a while. Can't complain at there performance, gave it their all. Were just unlucky in the end

That was absolutely the right call, but crazy to see a pk in the 106th minute of a scoreless game

Dear Bangy.

76ca1415510bc6bbc7f1c18e82431c999ac2714e

Dear Cherry

Your memer game sucks ass please pick it up.

Good win for the USA over Germany. Would fully expect that they win now.

Good article on why the U.S. women's national team has been so good over the years compared to other nation's women's teams since the women's World Cup first started in 1991 (in which the U.S. won.)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/04/us-womens-soccer-world-cup-tv-ratings-support

I think that was the worst beatdown we've given Japan in about 70 years

I think that was the worst beatdown we've given Japan in about 70 years

:yao: US has becoming good at kicking Germany and Japans ass.

That third goal for the hat trick though :ooo:

New Aston Villa kits:

0,,10265~13835950,00.jpg

Love the new aways :wub:

Spurs stole Alderweireld from Southampton's clutches for some much needed anchoring back there at center back. The defense has been trash, hopefully this and our fullbacks being healthy for once shores things up.

Nah you'll still suck.

1580__5576__hendo1000_559f87b46d64201230

My new captain. Hendo gon' lead us back to the CL. :yep:

Gold Cup tonight, a win will punch our ticket out of group play

Spurs stole Alderweireld from Southampton's clutches for some much needed anchoring back there at center back. The defense has been trash, hopefully this and our fullbacks being healthy for once shores things up.

Is that confirmed? Just I know we were thinking of taking legal action as Athletico didn't pay their fee to stop the buy out clause we had with them in time.

Technically we have first refusal on him.

Gold Cup tonight, a win will punch our ticket out of group play

and with our win and the Panama/Honduras tie we clinch the top spot in our group, our first game in the elimination round will be at M&T Bank Stadium and I've already got a ticket :Banana:

Is that confirmed? Just I know we were thinking of taking legal action as Athletico didn't pay their fee to stop the buy out clause we had with them in time.

Technically we have first refusal on him.

yeah it got ruled Southampton had no rights to him, he's on Spurs on the official website doing videos on Spurs TV etc. etc. done deal.

also, prolly right @ Mav but fuck off m8 anyway :smug:

EDIT: y'all end up running into that corny Tottenham Jaguars rumor?

:yao:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Not heard anything yet but Tbh considering the fact that the Jags have a pretty big fan club over here. Khan has ties here with Fulham FC I wouldn't be slightly surprised if it was them who end up coming to London.

Spurs are going to have a second pitch under the soccer one just for NFL games. They will try to make a move I think.

Also fair play to Fabian Delph for not following the money and fully rejecting Man City. I honestly believe he does love the club and the fact that he plays over winning on the bench. Refreshing to see honestly.

Edited by Bangy
  • Upvote 1

Not heard anything yet but Tbh considering the fact that the Jags have a pretty big fan club over here. Khan has ties here with Fulham FC I wouldn't be slightly surprised if it was them who end up coming to London.

Spurs are going to have a second pitch under the soccer one just for NFL games. They will try to make a move I think.

I'm not sure if you're referring to a permanent move for the Jags, but it's been a while since I've gotten to re-post this so I'm gonna go ahead and re-post my explanation of why a team in London would never work:

I am fucking tired of hearing about expansion into England, even if there is interest there it won't work, a team in England could never get a primetime game because 8:30 EST (the kickoff time for primetime games) is 1:30 AM in England, nobody will watch a game at 1:30 AM on tv, much less go to the stadium, and if you don't give the team any primetime games then they won't get any national attention, no matter how good they are, and imagine the jetlag, you think east coast teams have a tough time playing on the west coast? try sending a team from England over there and see what happens, or a team from the west coast to England for a game, or even a team from the east coast, think about it, no matter what team leaves you'll have four teams moving across at least five timezones for divisional games, the longest shift right now for any team is over three timezones, based on timezones, England is as far from the east coast as Hawaii is, that's right, moving the Patriots to England would be functionally similar to moving them to Hawaii and leaving them in the AFC East, a team in England would have to travel through almost twice as many timezones as the longest possible roadtrip every time they're on the road, you want to talk about physical distance? the furthest distance between teams right now is from Seattle, Washington to Miami, Florida which is 2727 miles (straight line) the distance from London to Boston (which would be the closest team) is 3280 miles, that's right, the closest team to them would be further than the furthest possible travel distance, it's just fucking stupid, also I think any owner who says he supports putting a team in England should be asked if he would move his team to England knowing how much travel is involved

Also fair play to Fabian Delph for not following the money and fully rejecting Man City. I honestly believe he does love the club and the fact that he plays over winning on the bench. Refreshing to see honestly.

Made my day yesterday. I heard he was fully committed to leaving but woke up yesterday and had a change of heart. There would've been a ton of backlash if he left after what he said when he signed his contract. You never really know with all the media BS. To be honest, those rumors could have just been fueled by him not traveling to preseason with the team because his wife was due to have a baby.

Edit: Also, Schweinsteiger to Manchester United? :eek: hell of a signing

Edited by BJORN

Yea not the place for the England team to work but I see you're points.

Yea in Delph's case I think the lure to play for a big club is a lot and the money is insanse but he knew he wouldn't get games plus they only really wanted him as they need a certain amount of home grown players. Think that is the reason they went for him.

With Alderweilder you're right we backed out and got the money. Shame as it would have been nice to have him but not a big deal. Honestly though we need to get another decent midfielder seeing as Schniderling is probably going to go and we need another striker to partner with Mane.

If Saint's qualify for Europa league then I would be happy with a top ten finish as it will effect league form.