Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

forgot to post in here, but DCU's game last Saturday was nuts, halftime score was 2-1 Salt Lake lead, final score was 6-4 DCU win, 10 goals tied it for the second highest scoring game in MLS history, not sure where the 7 goal half ranks

most of them, actually, here enjoy three minutes of goals:

TWO DAYS

Gonna be out of town :sigh: but I'll still dvr the Villa game.

I have no idea what to expect with this team. I would be more comfortable if we had signed Adebayor on loan as he was pretty good under Sherwood at Spurs. Seemed like a logical replacement for Benteke.

If Saint's at least draw tonight they would be one round away from the Europa league for the first time ever. Excitement is real.

Plus an away game to Newcastle to open the season, I feel fairly happy with the preseason looking forward to the premier league starting now

If Saint's at least draw tonight they would be one round away from the Europa league for the first time ever. Excitement is real.

Plus an away game to Newcastle to open the season, I feel fairly happy with the preseason looking forward to the premier league starting now

I'd be wary of the Europa league...can really end up being a distraction for teams like Everton, Southampton..etc.

Tbh I would expect some form of drop off by playing in europe. I've said I'd actually be happy by finishing 10th lowest but a top 8 finish is more than achievable

So happy Spurs and United are at 7:45 EST here, I gotta leave for work at 10:30 EST so if it started at 10 like most I'd be pissed. We're gonna get skull fucked probably though, poor Hugo gonna have to give up 3 goals with 5 miraculous saves like always . :coffee:

In regards to Europa, I hope Poch plays our youngins there like he did in the Audi Cup.

Welcome back Premier League

turns out they gave up none and all-in-all outplayed United :notbad: was expecting a big L and while losing 1-0 on an own goal is disappointing since they deserved better it's a better result than I thought coming in and we showed promise especially defensively.

also, interesting day today...

https://twitter.com/leeUkUfc/status/630430748076601345

:smug:

• Upvote 1

on Saturday DC United became the first MLS team ever to win a game with only one shot

:ooo:

Forgot to post this on the weekend. Coutinho picking up where he left off last season<3333

Philadelphia's trying to be 2013 DC United, they're 6-13-5 in MLS play, one of the bottom four teams in the league, but they're in the Open Cup final

Edited by oochymp

we've been playing really sloppily lately and still winning (see last week against Montreal when we won despite being outshot 25-1) I think we needed to drop one for a wakeup call, and we're far enough ahead in the East, though I would like to win the Supporter's Shield, which becomes a lot more difficult

Well Southampton play Everton at home and Baines is out injured so that shouldake it somewhat easier. Expect a win tbh

we've been playing really sloppily lately and still winning (see last week against Montreal when we won despite being outshot 25-1) I think we needed to drop one for a wakeup call, and we're far enough ahead in the East, though I would like to win the Supporter's Shield, which becomes a lot more difficult

NYRB are right on your tail. Went to my first game of the season (coworker left company who used to hook me up with tickets :sigh: ) this past weekend vs Toronto. We looked good. Damn good.

Liverpool winning 1-0 vs Bournemouth with a goal that should have been disallowed. Whatevs tho :coffee:

NYRB are right on your tail. Went to my first game of the season (coworker left company who used to hook me up with tickets :sigh: ) this past weekend vs Toronto. We looked good. Damn good.

yeah, I always forget to look at the 'games played' column, we're five points up but NYRB have three games in hand, so they could erase that pretty quickly, definitely sucks to not get anything from NYCFC, that's three points we should have had, also Korb is now out for the season