Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

nope, and it's not even from the game Korb was injured in, ESPN really needs to learn how to cover soccer

• Upvote 1

D.C. United is playing with absolutely no urgency and it's pissing me off

If Saint's don't beat Watford I'll be annoyed at that one.

I will take that result I guess down Mertesacker and Kos, could have been worse. I watched the man city game, they are looking really strong, David silva is a top notch player.

Yeah I'll always take a draw away at Arsenal.

Now it's time for oochymp to be mad at me :smug:

Well Southampton finally got that first win on the board with a nice 3-0 win.

I'm also wanting Wanyama to leave, if he is going to be negative and not help the club move forward then I don't want to have him around.

3-0 win over DC and we retain the Atlantic Cup! (which is kind of a joke anyway lol) One of our better performances of the season.

Be mad, oochymp. You guys may still be in 1st place, but it's pretty clear who the team to beat is in the East.

RUN WITH US

yeah, DCU has been playing like crap lately, it's a good thing we built a good buffer early but we need to figure something out soon

I'm sure you guys will figure it out soon.

On a side note, I wonder how many Red Bulls fans jumped ship to NYCFC and are now regretting it lol.

Finally gonna get to watch Spurs matches again, I had been working at 10:30 AM on Saturdays — 30 minutes into each game, but now gonna be done with that soon. This past week's case the match didn't start til 12:30 so I saw nothing :sigh:

It's the only reason they've yet to secure a W tbh imo iwbr js :kobe:

• Upvote 1

On a side note, I wonder how many Red Bulls fans jumped ship to NYCFC and are now regretting it lol.

could any reasonable person actually expect Manchester City JV to outperform the Metroscum this season?

Edited by oochymp

Manchester United fans must be thinking what the fuck. Their transfers under Van Gaal have been horrible.

I'm not sure what the point of signing Kovacic was. I know that Rafa Benitez is a platoon type of manager, but we just have too many people in the midfield right now. That is assuming that Kovacic plays a midfield role, however.

Glad we retained Ramos and Pepe, but it's only a matter of time before Varane comes into his own. If Real ever let him leave, I'm going to personally remove Perez from office. I'm also kind of anticipating De Gea's arrival, but it's not something I'm super concerned about.

I still kind of think that firing Ancelotti was a mistake. Rafa can prove me wrong, but Ancelotti's error was a simple one to address: squad rotation. I think if the midfield gets some rest games and stays healthy last year, Real Madrid could have completed a treble (or at least a double).

I'm not sure what the point of signing Kovacic was. I know that Rafa Benitez is a platoon type of manager, but we just have too many people in the midfield right now. That is assuming that Kovacic plays a midfield role, however.

Glad we retained Ramos and Pepe, but it's only a matter of time before Varane comes into his own. If Real ever let him leave, I'm going to personally remove Perez from office. I'm also kind of anticipating De Gea's arrival, but it's not something I'm super concerned about.

I still kind of think that firing Ancelotti was a mistake. Rafa can prove me wrong, but Ancelotti's error was a simple one to address: squad rotation. I think if the midfield gets some rest games and stays healthy last year, Real Madrid could have completed a treble (or at least a double).

Everybody thought that lol. That's nothing against Rafa (I'm a Pool fan after all) of course, but Carlo is one of the best managers in the world.

Manchester United fans must be thinking what the fuck. Their transfers under Van Gaal have been horrible.

Have you seen the latest with the De Gea transfer saga? Barring a miraculous, successful appeal, De Gea will be staying at United. Paperwork wasn't done in time. Not sure who's fault it was. I hope the appeal isn't successful. Serves both of these stupid clubs right for waiting until the last minute when all summer it was pretty obvious De Gea wanted to leave and Madrid wanted him.

I'm sure he'll make a great Manchester _____ player in a few years :p

anybody else going to watch the US Open Cup final tonight? I don't really care about the Philadelphia Bimbos or Sporting KC, but I do want to support ESPN2 showing the US Open Cup final