Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

About to kick off, hopefully SKC doesn't decide they don't care since they're in a tight race for the playoffs in league play and they're playing Portland on Saturday, who's in that western conference playoff battle

EDIT: 15 minutes in SKC seems to be approaching this exactly how you'd expect a team to approach a game with a trophy on the line

Edited by oochymp

Watching a little

Shootout was :notbad:

What a nightmare for a goalie

Edited by Bay

Jose Mourinho warns Chelsea not to sack him

Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea they would be making a major mistake if they decide to sack him as he blamed the officials for Chelsea's 3-1 loss to Southampton.

:mjlaugh:

Edited by CampinWithBlackBuns
  • Upvote 1

^LMAO at that.

As far as Aston Villa goes.....another year of struggling. Team has no idea what they are doing.

Of course the team I start to follow would blow :sigh:

I really like Spurs side this year. Only problem is it's Spurs so something bad is surely soon to happen. Injuries have been hitting all year so far, Son is gonna be out for a month probably and even though he's the newest he might be their most dynamic player. Atleast Eriksen the gawd is back.

xEs5B8v.gif

• Upvote 1

^LMAO at that.

As far as Aston Villa goes.....another year of struggling. Team has no idea what they are doing.

Scratch that.

"Now I have to find the right ingredients to put them on the pitch at the right time against the opposition we play and try and get a spark. I am still searching for that.

"At the moment it isn't there.

"I keep changing the systems and changing the formations in search of that. On Saturday against Stoke it wasn't there. We need to find it.

"I will be searching for the right formation and the right players to play in it.

"At the moment I think it's only right that I keep changing it because we're not finding the wins.

"I'd love to get that victory and keep with the same side for the next four or five weeks. Unfortunately I haven't got that luxury. I am still learning."

-Tim Sherwood

Good god...what has happened. Thought Tim was in love with the 4-4-2 and it's obviously our best formation with our personnel...

2D2012FC00000578-3263329-image-a-1_14442

Ready to follow this man to the promised land! I feel bad for Rodgers, but the change had to be made.

#KLOPPTOTHEKOP

Yup. I'm very excited. He's a character too so should make for some funny moments lol.

Yeah I dunno guess he must disagree with it's the best with the personnel only explanation. He ran the 4-4-2 at Spurs too.

If you see the team, he started against Stoke you would probably scratch your head.

Grealish & Gil are our most creative players yet they sit on the bench. As his quotes say...I'm not sure he has any clue at all. :sigh:

Tried to warn ya bud :mjtears:

Also, this dude totally predicted Harry Kane's hat trick goal outburst: http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/22/tottenham-harry-kane-english-premier-league-goals

Totally see why Spurs fans called him "Tactics Tim" :lol:

It's a shame though, he's a very likable guy...just a very tough job to take on as a young manager.

• Upvote 1

It was a very good game. I'm not sure who to root for tonight because I don't know if I want to face you guys or Toronto...

No comment on the ending huh? Jermaine Jones is going to face severe punishment for making contact with the official. Can't remember if I've ever watched a game where a player has done that before. I will say this...that was DEFINITELY a handball especially if the one before that was for DC. I can understand why Jones was fuming because he brought that ball down perfectly and New England deserved the opportunity to level the score on a PK.

It was a very good game. I'm not sure who to root for tonight because I don't know if I want to face you guys or Toronto...

No comment on the ending huh? Jermaine Jones is going to face severe punishment for making contact with the official. Can't remember if I've ever watched a game where a player has done that before. I will say this...that was DEFINITELY a handball especially if the one before that was for DC. I can understand why Jones was fuming because he brought that ball down perfectly and New England deserved the opportunity to level the score on a PK.

here's the ref's explanation FWIW: “The defender’s arm was in a natural position and because of the short distance, it was also no time to react,” Geiger said. “Case of ball to hand.”

I think it was the right call, Franklin had his hand down near his side and was about two feet away from Jones when he kicked the ball, definitely no time to get his hand out of the way, if that's a PK then every forward would just kick the ball at a defender's hand as soon as they get in the box, which would not be hard for most professional soccer players in close quarters

comparing it to the earlier call against New England, their defender had his arm extended much further and was also a lot further from where the ball was released, he should have been able to get his hand out of the way

Also, I can understand Jones' frustration, but he has to handle himself better than that, I'm interested to see how long he gets suspended, Espindola was out the first six games of this season for shoving a ref in last year's playoffs so I'd expect something similar