BLUE

Chiefs believe Derrick Johnson done for year

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs believe ILB Derrick Johnson has a torn Achilles' tendon.
It would be a devastating blow to Kansas City's front seven, particularly after losing fellow ILB Joe Mays (wrist surgery) indefinitely. Johnson is an All-Pro caliber player in the middle. Kansas City will be forced to move forward with special teamers Josh Mauaga and James-Michael Johnson at inside linebacker. Sep 7 - 3:28 PM

This is really unfortunate. Despite being on a rival Johnson is one of my favorite players. That injury makes every other player on the Chiefs' D worse. The worst thing about it is that he's on the wrong side of 30, and it will be hard to tell how he'll rebound. I have faith in medical tech tho, more and more players are coming back from achilles injuries.

Yeah, this sucks for the Chiefs. Derrick Johnson is the leader and heart and soul of that defense. This is a huge blow for the Chiefs.

It's hard to feel bad because we all love that football is back but in an instance a great player is taken from the game. It's become so frequent.

RIP Chiefs playoff hopes. This isn't as bad as losing Charles for the year would be, but it's pretty close. You lose a guy like this, and it changes everything. I feel as bad for Johnson as I do for the rest of the Chiefs too, because as MSG said earlier, he's not getting any younger. I really hope he can come back in top form, for everyone's sake. It's a shame that his teams haven't experienced more success, because he might have had a shot at the HOF. Yes, he's that good.

Did I hear right that Mike Devito is done as well?

Did I hear right that Mike Devito is done as well?

Yes. :facepalm: Tis a sad day for KC fans. While we disagree about the talent level on this team, one thing I'm sure we agree on is that they're thin just about everywhere. I don't wanna say RIP playoff hopes after week one.... buuuuuut.... :Suicide: Let's just say the eternal KC sports optimist in me is certainly being tested.

Yes. :facepalm: Tis a sad day for KC fans. While we disagree about the talent level on this team, one thing I'm sure we agree on is that they're thin just about everywhere. I don't wanna say RIP playoff hopes after week one.... buuuuuut.... :Suicide: Let's just say the eternal KC sports optimist in me is certainly being tested.

That's a bummer… Vance Walker can probably mitigate Devito going down reasonably well, but Derrick Johnson is not a replaceable talent.