BLUE

Panthers @ Seahawks

AZOG THE DEFILER!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close game early on, makes a lot of us think Carolina can shock the league, but in the second half, Seattle's lack of turnovers and brute efficiency on offense give them the edge.

:Seahawks: 23

:panthers: 13

Pretty much the tale. GG Thanatos :yep: Cam, Stewart and Tolbert moved the ball on us all night.

Player of the game: Kam Chancellor with some clutch 3rd down tackles and that lurking pick 6. Great pressure up front as well. Good a chance as we'll ever get probably to win 2 Sbs in a row. Here's to a run :rock:

Edited by BC

Whatever. Thanks for the Ravens and Patriots saving this postseason.

In other news, Michael Bennett says some really strange things:

You don't know the half of it.

Here are some excerpts from the last couple weeks:

Bennett on his midweek routine: “Doing exactly the same exact thing we always do: not having sex on Wednesdays, watching Homeland, just chilling."

"It's always good when you're on top." (long pause) "Even when you're at home with the ladies."

Michael Bennett says he has the "Most important sack dance in history, because I helped the baby boom in Seattle."

On his sack dance: "two angels dancing while chocolate is coming from the heavens on a Sunday morning,"

On BeastQuake2: "It was the best run I've ever seen. I felt like he was running for freedom or something. Boy, he was gone. They haven't had a run like that since the Underground Railroad."

Obviously his locker is well attended by the media.

Wtf Michael Bennett lol.

Good game, Attyla, BC, whoever else watches the Hawks now. :p

I feel like we pretty much gave Seattle our best shot, they simply made no mistakes, were efficient on offense- though we shut down Marshawn AGAIN, kudos to that D-line even without Star- Wilson was fantastic, and we simply aren't good enough to beat Seattle with them playing that well. And even with all that, we were still right in it until Kam's pick-6 with just under 6 minutes to play. (And oh god that Tolbert drop on the previous drive. You simply cannot make those kinds of mistakes against Seattle.)

Though I must sound like a broken record, I must again go after Mike Shula. On that playcall, (the pick-6) Cam's first read was Brenton Bersin, who fell down, and then his second read was Ed Dickson, who fell backwards away from the ball instead of coming to it. Cam should have seen Kam coming, of course, but why not go to Benji, who was being covered by a 3rd string CB, or Olsen, or Stewie... why are the first two reads those two guys? And why do our guys constantly refuse to come back to the ball? It happened all night except for Benjamin who finally put together a complete game. Been awhile since he's done that.

The young defensive secondary looked a little nervous at first and played like it. Boston got beat for the first TD in very atypical fashion- actually very much like the first TD he ever gave up- also to Seattle, back the first time we met this season. Then Kearse burned Benewikere- although Bene was pushed a bit, never gonna get called as it was hardly noticeable.

The refs were pretty fair as a whole, the only real complaint I had was on the pass to Luke Willson before his own TD catch, where he basically shoved Terrell Davis to the ground and then caught the ball. Looked like clear OPI to me. Other than that they did a good job letting people play, even picked up the bogus roughing flag on Seattle for falling on Cam as he was sliding, (wtf Cam sliding who taught you how to slide), which would have been silly.

Overall, a valiant effort, I don't feel like we gave the game to them and we were in position to steal it if they made a few mistakes. They simply did not, and we got beat by a better team.

Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the way, and see yall next season. Hopefully with a different offensive coordinator, at the least.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

Having a hard time putting my finger on where Carolina falls short. I just know I dread the matchups with that team. They are a team that will take our best punch to the face and give as good as they get. They never seem to back down from our physicality. There aren't but a handful of teams that I feel can do that.

I do still think that the greatest difference that I can see between the two teams, is the quarterbacking. Cam just does so many things you don't see from Russell. His body language is just horrible. He just doesn't seem to have that ability to inspire or rise to the occasion when circumstances are fighting back on him. Wilson just never seems to be outwardly affected by adversity and that quality has time and time again resulted in this team winning when the team feels like they should otherwise lose.

Cam is a better athlete. But he seems like he's a bit of a frontrunner kind of QB. When things go wrong he just kind of falls apart. It's seemed like that's the common theme every matchup we have. Because the games are so tight and can go either way down to the very end. But Wilson has that 'it' factor that seems to allow this team to play the full 60 minutes every time out.

I'd be real proud of how that team pulled together in the end. While I don't see an exact correlation between Seattle's end of year run in 2012, and the 2014 version of Carolina, it's a pretty close comparison.

If Cam can get his mind and demeanor right, that's a team that can easily follow our blueprint for winning. He just needs to better understand how he carries himself matters for his team. It's hard to swallow those raw emotions when you are such a fiery competitor. But it would be a first step for him in turning the corner in performing in the clutch/dire moments.

• Upvote 2

Also this. I am baffled how our special teams coach has a job after two blocked punts, and then this happening twice in a row. Like once as a lapse, I get. Not twice in a row.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A78F94586D1165892668438597632_351c54460c9.1.5.7794915314432201726.mp4?versionId=BWodOieUt4lM8l6EOKwarIhga1ae1vNr