Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

TGP's Official Dating Advice Thread

I don't really have anything for here right now but instead of using the confession thread and just the box we can use this thingy instead.

There are some exceptions... but the longer you act super casual toward a girl/woman, the less chance you have of landing her. Females size you up pretty quickly to determine if they like you and in what way. Again there are exceptions, but it's been my experience that this is a good general rule. If you act like too much of a friend for too long, you're not going anywhere with a girl. I've been down that road way too many times in the past. You have to make your intentions clear pretty quickly.

It's cliche but just be you. When you catch yourself performing for her, drop it. They want you for who you are, not who you pretend to be.

Enjoy her company, make her laugh, make a move. If it fails, move on.

• Upvote 2

^exactly that. If you have to fundamentally change who you are for a girl, how happy will you be with her?

• Upvote 2

You also have to not take rejection personally. Even if you're a great guy who is good looking, funny, smart, you're still gonna get turned down a ton. Maybe they just aren't looking for a relationship. Or maybe they are already talking to someone else. Or maybe they would rather have you as a friend they can trust and spend time with. And a million other reasons.

But rarely is it because something is wrong with you as a person.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 2