Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

White House: Climate Change Bigger Threat Than Terrorism

In his interview with Vox, President Obama said the media “absolutely” overstates the threat of terrorism in comparison to the threat of climate change.

Vox asked Obama, "Do you think the media sometimes overstates the level of alarm people should have about terrorism and this kind of chaos, as opposed to a longer-term problem of climate change and epidemic disease?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/climate-change-greater-threat-terrorism-white-house/story?id=28872778

Maybe we will see a congressional authorization for a war on climate change next. Can't wait.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I have a paradox of viewpoints about this issue. I couldn't give a shit less if it's real or not, and that's not my issue. Regardless of this I think we need to take steps to prevent what COULD happen if it's, in fact, happening. Now my problem with this is I do have an issue with government intervention in the market but it also seems to be the only way steps will be taken on a major level.

Vin you are a gold mine when it comes to political banter, you should engage in these discussions more often! Ha.

One-liners are all I'm good for, unfortunately.

It may not be a popular opinion, but it most certainly is a bigger threat. It's not something to wage war on, but if the current projections are accurate- which is admittedly a point for debate- but if you take Obama's stance on the change that will happen to the climate, then it absolutely is a larger threat.

• Upvote 1