Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Which young signal caller will have the most success?

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which young signal caller has the most success?

• Jameis Winston
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Derek Carr
    • Blake Bortles
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Nick Foles
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Teddy Bridgewater

I really like how Mariota has been playing. Playing smart, very decisive and I love the spark he's adding in Tennessee. However, I went with Derek Carr. I think he has all the tangible tools he needs to succeed. Great arm, makes good decisions, and he's a smart thrower. He throws to areas, spots on the field where the hole in the defense is and you don't see that often with young QBs. They always try to throw to the receiver. Carr is putting the ball in places to where only his receiver can get it. I love his mobility and he has a fire that I like in QBs. I heard the comparison this weekend and it's too soon but he does seem to have the skill set of an Aaron Rodgers. I really like this kid.

Edited by Dutch

Too early to tell on Winston and Mariota.

I didn't like Taylor coming out of college and I'm still not sure if he's any more than a flash in the pan at QB, but we'll see going forward.

Carr was my favorite QB of the 2013 draft, but I thought he was pretty much given the death sentence being placed in Oakland, and honestly his rookie season was extremely overhyped as it was nothing but a bunch of checkdown throws for the most part. Looks like he's improved greatly this year, though.

Blake Bortles has all the physical talent but has no help. I don't like his coaching staff, I don't like his offensive supporting staff and Jacksonville really needs to get to work on fixing both of those problems before they ruin him.

Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins both probably fall in the career backups tier. They both have the talent to be more than that, but their decision making seems far behind their talent level. They make eye popping throws one play then throws that you wouldn't even expect a high school QB to be dumb enough to make the next.

I dunno who exactly to pick here. Mariota will likely be the popular pick because we live in such an instant reaction society where he's already deemed the next elite QB and Winston is already being given up on.

I think I'll go with Carr for now, but it's not exactly an easy choice.

• Upvote 1

Tyrod has been in the league for five years.... :shifty:

Tyrod has been in the league for five years.... :shifty:

but he's younger than Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles