Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Panthers @ Giants

And Josh Norman showed the world who he was as well... A child. As has been mentioned many times, he didn't stoop to the level of OBJ, but it wasn't a good look for him. His comments to the media, his replies on twitter... Grow up man.

And w hat is this stuff now about threats being made in pre-game? I don't know the facts so I don't want to jump on any detail in particular but... Eh.

Oh for fucks sake. OBJ is a little diva, that's what it is.

The Panthers have brought bats to games for several weeks as a reminder to "lay the wood" on opposing teams. OBJ claimed he "felt threatened" by the bat-wielding Panthers during pre-game. People are trying to make this out like its a new thing, its not, and no one else felt threatened by the Panthers defense tossing around a bat.

What, did he think we were going to literally go over there and beat him up with the bat?

As for his twitter postings, the only thing I can even think of that you are referring to is this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWsvMNgUwAAQV2Y.jpg

Thought it was pretty funny myself.

Edited by Thanatos19

At least the bat thing won't happen again.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20151222150521162119308&ref=hea&tm=&src=

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) At the end of the day a frustrated Ron Rivera didn't have a choice whether Carolina players could continue to bring baseball bats on the field before games.

The NFL made sure Tuesday that Rivera and other coaches were clear on the rules.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email to The Associated Press that the NFL sent a memo all 32 teams reminding them that "no foreign objects unrelated to the uniform or playing equipment are permitted on the playing field and sidelines on game day (which includes the pre-game period, during the game, and postgame on the field)."

The Panthers baseball bat, which they say is a motivational prop, has garnered much attention in the fallout after the Panthers-New York Giants game on Sunday due mainly to incidents involving wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Panthers cornerback Josh Norman.

Rivera said earlier Tuesday that the Panthers had not done anything wrong and was asked if that was the case, why he made the decision. The coach said, "because I'm going to hear it if I don't. That's the truth of the matter,

"So to avoid the situation and set of circumstances, let's just eliminate it. So that's what we're going to do. Again, it's the No Fun League for a reason."

Rivera didn't say if he had received a league memo, which also stated, "While we realize that teams and individual players may have items they use for motivation or to symbolize a theme that the team has used this season, we ask that you instruct your club personnel and players to leave those items in the locker room. For the purposes of this policy, `foreign objects' broadly encompasses any item that is neither intrinsic to the game nor necessary to conduct pregame drills and treat and prepare players for the game."

One thing the Panthers fifth-year coach did make clear was being upset about what he said were untrue reports that some players taunted Beckham with physical threats and homophobic slurs before Sunday's game.

Rivera said the Panthers wouldn't stand for that kind of behavior and the team found no evidence it occurred.

Neither the Giants nor Beckham have released any statements accusing the Panthers of taunting the wide receiver before the game with physical harm or homophobic slurs. Rivera said homophobic slurs are an important social issue and he doesn't take them lightly.

"If there is something out there that is factual, that there is truth or hard evidence, please present it to us as well so we can act accordingly," Rivera said. "We don't tolerate that here. We don't. If there is some truth to it we will react to it and handle it appropriately. Until there is, there's nothing for me to do."

None of the Panthers questioned about the incident addressed the issue in the open locker room session, which came before Rivera's press conference.

The coach said the baseball bat represents the team having a home run mentality when it comes to making big plays.

Rivera spoke to practice squad player Marcus Ball, who was seen carrying the bat before the game, but the defensive back denied any of the accusations.

"I've seen some of the clips but honestly they are benign," Rivera said.

The Panthers are 14-0 on the season and five wins away from completing an unbeaten season. They can wrap up the No. 1 seed in the NFC this Sunday with a win or tie against the Atlanta Falcons.

Sounds like the Panthers need to find a pregame drill that involves a baseball bat

.@DeionSanders tells @RichEisenShow that Josh Norman had a bat on field before game. Said he'd end career & made sexual slurs towards OBJ

I don't know if it's true or not and I don't know where Deion got that information. I will listen to Rich's podcast when I get home from work. But leads me to still think... Norman is an idiot. And as I said earlier, a child.

(Still doesn't warrant the dirty antics of OBJ, ftr. Not saying anything Norman could have done justifies headhunting)

Edited by Favre4Ever

Plot twist: The baseball bat was the Panthers' lucky charm - they end up suffering first loss next week because they don't have it with them.

I don't know if it's true or not and I don't know where Deion got that information. I will listen to Rich's podcast when I get home from work. But leads me to still think... Norman is an idiot. And as I said earlier, a child.

(Still doesn't warrant the dirty antics of OBJ, ftr. Not saying anything Norman could have done justifies headhunting)

No one knows where that information is coming from. The Giants aren't claiming this, OBJ isn't claiming this, none of the videos we have show this, it's just pure speculation.

Edit: OBJ has just been a bitch all season:

In the Jaguars game, he takes a cheap shot at a defender and then hides behind the official. This is a preseason game too.

https://vine.co/v/eDQamYiOQ5L

Then he gets upset because someone laid a good block on him so clearly the right move is to punch them in the face. This is during the Bills game, can't find a gif of that one I can embed.

Edited by Thanatos19

The Carolina Panthers cornerback has been fined $26,044 by the NFL for two violations stemming from his series of exchanges with Odell Beckham Jr. on Sunday, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. The person asked to remain anonymous because the fine has not been made public.

Norman has been docked $17,363 for striking Beckham in the head and neck area and $8,681 for a face mask.

USA Today

Edited by Favre4Ever

Deserved, though the blow to the head/neck came on the same play Odell speared him with the blindside helmet to helmet. Still, you can't retaliate and get away with it, though I find it hard to truly blame him for that hit.