• Kobe Bryant
    • Bill Russell
  3. 3. 5 v 11

• Julius Erving
    • Bob Pettit
  4. 4. 8 v 10

• Magic Johnson
    • Reggie Miller

The seeding (alphabetical because I don't feel like figure out another way to seed) and this will be reseeding each round (so that I don't have to keep up with a bracket):

1. Elgin Baylor
4. Joe Dumars
6. Hal Greer
7. John Havlicek
9. Kevin McHale
12. David Robinson
14. John Stockton
15. Isiah Thomas

No link means the player has been eliminated

really Bucman? Kobe over Russell?

I'm also picking Kobe over Russell. Fite me Oochy.

I'm also picking Kobe over Russell. Fite me Oochy.

justify yoself

Justify why I have the greatest player of the last 20 years ahead of Bill Russell? Different eras beget different greats, and Kobe is an all time great. His dedication to the game, his passion and his talent cannot be understated. Kobe should be the favourite to win it all, IMO.

wait, now Kobe's ahead of Russell? I really thought Russell would be a favorite to win the whole thing, I don't think anyone has ever been as dominant in any team sport

Well I guess you've been proven wrong by Kobe Bryant, the real Kobe Beef of the NBA

• Upvote 1

Russell was a great player but lets be honest here, he benefitted greatly from being on a team stacked with hall of famers in a league with like half the amount of teams it had now in an era where the athletes generally were not as...athletic as Kobe's era.

Keep in mind I'm a documented Kobe hater too.

• Upvote 1

Russell was a great player but lets be honest here, he benefitted greatly from being on a team stacked with hall of famers in a league with like half the amount of teams it had now in an era where the athletes generally were not as...athletic as Kobe's era.

^This, too.

I think Magic should win the whole thing, at least as far as the NBA goes. Damn the Lakers have had so many great players.

Edited by Sarge

same could be said of Kobe until the last few years, maybe not HOFers (aside from Shaq) but he had some very good teams around him and one of the best coaches the game has seen, and Russell was the biggest part of those teams that won 11 championships in 13 seasons (including 8 straight) I don't care that there were fewer teams, that's an insane level of dominance

also, his rebounding numbers are unbelievable, per game he's a close second to Wilt Chamberlain (22.45 to 22.85) and they're both way ahead of #3 (Bob Pettit at 16.22)

Edited by oochymp

same could be said of Kobe until the last few years, maybe not HOFers (aside from Shaq) but he had some very good teams around him and one of the best coaches the game has seen, and Russell was the biggest part of those teams that won 11 championships in 13 seasons (including 8 straight) I don't care that there were fewer teams, that's an insane level of dominance

also, his rebounding numbers are unbelievable, per game he's a close second to Wilt Chamberlain (22.45 to 22.85) and they're both way ahead of #3 (Bob Pettit at 16.22)

As good as some of those teams were that Kobe played on the It's a well known fact that they're the most stacked team in the history of the league. Kobe was the best scorer of his era and he was a great defender. Russell just wasn't the dual threat that Kobe was. He just wasn't.

Voting is closed, Bird, Bryant, Erving, and Johnson advance