Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Your Team's Players to Watch in 2016

Try to avoid obvious guys unless you have a very specific reason. For example, I'm not going to list Adrian Peterson even if he'll probably have a great rushing season because you already know that.

:Vikings:

Offense:

Andre Smith--with the retirement of Phil Loadholdt, it'll be interesting to see if Smith can provide some stability at RT as opposed to watching TJ Clemmings get annihilated over and over again in pass protection.

Brandon Fusco--he needs to return to form at RG or he's wasting a roster spot. The LG experiment was an utter fiasco.

Jerick McKinnon--I really hope this guy is Minnesota's featured back in the post-Peterson era. He's shifty with breakaway speed, and hits the hole so quickly he almost always gains yards. He also is great catching the ball and can gash opponents in many ways. He should have a larger role this season.

MyCole Pruitt--I'm taking a guess here, but if Kyle Rudolph disappears frequently again, I expect Pruitt to start stealing targets, which would be great for the Vikings because Rudolph is overpaid and Pruitt can make him expendable.

Stefon Diggs/Laquon Treadwell--I'm putting these two together because they should be the day 1 starters and neither can fail to produce. Diggs disappeared down the stretch but was good against Seattle in the playoff game. Very few yards (26) but he made crucial catches and is a player Teddy and the fans trust.

Defense:

Anthony Barr--You'd think this would be obvious, but I'm putting him here because I want to see him stay healthy.

Danielle Hunter--This kid really came along late last season, which was earlier than expected.

Trae Waynes--Get on the field, young man. There's no reason a 38 year old should beat you out for a starting spot.

Andrew Sendejo--Can he keep his starting spot alongside Harrison Smith? God, I hope not.

Other:

Walsh/Locke--Walsh needs to get his head out of his ass on XPs and better not miss another chip shot. Locke needs to be cut so hopefully there's somebody in camp to kick his ass out of Minnesota.

What about the rest of you?

Offense

Zach Ertz TE

Ruben Randle WR

Defense

Jalen Mills CB hopefully he shows that him going 7th round was a mistake

Bennie logan DT with the rest of the eagles All Star DL he is going to be overlooked

I know he's been getting a lot of press on Titans' sites so this might be in the obvious category, but Tajae Sharpe, our fifth round draft pick, got a lot of first team reps in mini-camp and that's held true through the start of training camp, so he's probably a guy to watch for, on defense, Kevin Byard got a lot of good press when we drafted him, he could push for starting time, and apparently David Bass made some big plays early in camp, but I'll be surprised if he's more than a depth/special teams guy

Most of the players to watch on the Titans tho are guys ya'll already know about, obviously the big question is what sort of a jump Mariota makes and can he stay healthy, aside from that Delanie Walker will probably lead the team in most receiving categories again, the backfield breakdown between Murray and Henry will be interesting to watch, and the big performers on defense are gonna be who you expect: Casey, Morgan, and Orakpo

I think Shilique Calhoun was a guy that did a lot of great things from MSU on a great defense and his adjustment to the pro game will be rather smooth. Being surrounded by veterans and talent could really make this guy a monster in situational passing downs.

I want to see Menelik Watson at full health. He's been bugged by injuries but when he has played he's been solid at tackle.

Another player to watch is...

MAD MAX

White boy at WR..we are kinda loaded at WR but I'd like to see him make the roster. He has potential to be a slot guy.

The ones that aren't injured

or holding out

Edited by BJABY