Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Joey Bosa saga rages on

I agree with Favre, I don't get Bosa's position here, or what he is thinking. However, I also don't think SD is doing anything smart here.

Frankly, I'd be somewhat surprised if Bosa goes in the first round at all next year. You have no guarantee the guy is going to be good, and maybe he wants more money than is normally given to someone taken with the pick used on him, and then you have to think he's going to get a rep from this, plus he's now been out of football for a year- all of those factors leads me to think he falls out of round 1 entirely in 2017.

On San Diego's side of things, they're acting like idiots by trying to claim they've treated all of their first rounders since 2011 this way. Well, they haven't even picked in the top 10, much less top-5, during those years.

Letting your guy sit for $1.7million because you wanna play hardball is just more awful managing from Spanos. SD management is cheap as fuck.

Edited by Thanatos

I also always wonder how much the agent has to do with it. From his perspective, if his client is the first top 5 pick since the new CBA to lose negotiations on both points what are the odds any potential top 5 picks sign with him next year? Then again, after a bit of research I see that Joey Bosa's agent is Todd France, who's generally considered one of the better agents, so he probably won't take much of a hit from this.

Bosa is guaranteed to bust now.

Didn't participate in TC, any pre-season, and IIRC off-season workouts with the Chargers. Dude is going to be so behind. How do you even expect him to make a smooth transition. His odds are stacked against him.

He's on the Chargers for one...

He's in a defensive system that does not suit him to say the least.

Whatever position he plays...he will be rudely awakened to the speed and athleticism of the NFL compared to college very quickly.

Congrats San Diego for being dumbasses , joey bosa is a punk ass kid from The Ohio State and he wanted so much guaranteed on a signing bonus cause hes going to fall in line with the long list of Buckeye Bust

• Downvote 1

It was a little fun while it lasted...

Anyway, I totally disagree with the idea of sitting him out the last game. Bosa is a DE, not a QB. The only way he's going to get to the point where he can make an impact is based on how many reps he gets in so he can adjust to the speed of the game.

This is a plug and play scenario imo.

• Upvote 1

Congrats San Diego for being dumbasses , joey bosa is a punk ass kid from The Ohio State and he wanted so much guaranteed on a signing bonus cause hes going to fall in line with the long list of Buckeye Bust

Florida has 2 HOF players. Stop with the envy. Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1

As much as I'm not a fan of Bosa as a player, the hatred for him in this thread is so silly. :yao:

• Upvote 1