Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Deportation of.... illegals ? Im fine with that.

Expedited asylum hearings so these people arent wiring around for months and years.... thats a good thing.

Its better than Feinsteins bill until the full text is revealed for some sneaky surprises.

• Upvote 1

And assuredly more rejections of asylum cases, even when legitimate.

Disregarding the even when legit comment, denial rates have been going up for the last 5 years. And Trump hasnt been President for 5 years.

As record number of cases are heard (also been breaking records continually over the same span) wouldnt be surprised for that trend to continue.

• Upvote 1

The sickest thing about this and there's a lot but the sickest of all is how these human beings are being used as political capital by people who largely could care less one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

Disregarding the even when legit comment, denial rates have been going up for the last 5 years. And Trump hasnt been President for 5 years.

As record number of cases are heard (also been breaking records continually over the same span) wouldnt be surprised for that trend to continue.

Then make them two separate bills. Teddy's bill and the democrat bill aren't mutually exclusive. All the democrat bill does is severely restrict child separation, and provide procedure for when it happens. There is no reason ted can't sign that bill, then introduce this other bill to add judges and whatnot. Except he is 100% using this situation as leverage to increase trump's authority.

Totally agree with you. He could totally sign that one. I’d have no problem with it. I don’t think it’s so much about Trump personally as it is what Sean is talking about. Cruz (or whoever) wants credit. They want be seen as the fixer to the problem. Using these people as political capital

Cruz is doing this more for Ted Cruz than he is for Trump or immigrants.

Totally agree with you. He could totally sign that one. Id have no problem with it. I dont think its so much about Trump personally as it is what Sean is talking about. Cruz (or whoever) wants credit. They want be seen as the fixer to the problem. Using these people as political capital

Cruz is doing this more for Ted Cruz than he is for Trump or immigrants.

I agree 100%

Edit: it's also no coincidence that while Cruz initially supported the policy, his challenger Beto O'Rourke has been very publicly going against it. I guess Cruz is nervous about the midterms.

Edited by blotsfan

I agree 100%

Edit: it's also no coincidence that while Cruz initially supported the policy, his challenger Beto O'Rourke has been very publicly going against it. I guess Cruz is nervous about the midterms.

Of course he is. Look at him. Listen to him talk. I have no idea how the man ever won any sort of political office that he actually had to run for. He's the kind of person you just hate immediately which is big disadvantage in politics. All of that is without saying anything about his actual politics which are horrendous but I can assure you, this guy is always worried about re-election hahaha

Well he's a republican in Texas...

Yeah Trump was clearly standing on Obama's shoulders to make that claim lol. Too bad virtually all the wealth from the economic up turn went directly into the pockets of the 1%. I kind of hope they fucking lose it all because of Trump. Shit runs down hill though unfortunately and it wouldn't be them that paid for it. Especially not under the Trump administration.

Yeah Trump was clearly standing on Obama's shoulders to make that claim lol. Too bad virtually all the wealth from the economic up turn went directly into the pockets of the 1%. I kind of hope they fucking lose it all because of Trump. Shit runs down hill though unfortunately and it wouldn't be them that paid for it. Especially not under the Trump administration.

While the stock market obviously is a lot of super-rich people, basically anyone with any retirement savings has money in it. This will badly effect people that are looking to retire soon.

Yeah for sure, it sucks man but a collapse has been inevitable for a while now. Another housing bubble is going to burst thanks to Bush and Obama. The student loan bubble will burst. How can people buy houses and/or go to school if the money and jobs aren't there all while they can't really afford healthcare? We have a service based economy and rich people can only buy so much stuff. That kind of economic devastation might be the only thing that can be a catalyst for real change.

Hell even in that doomsday scenario, the parties will scapegoat each other knowing full well how we got to that point. People are so conditioned to root for their team that there's still a chance they eat it up.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Look on the bright side. This kind of shit is going to result in a blue wave despite the disgusting corruption of the DNC. They're digging their own graves. The executive branch has waaaaay too much power. This is starting to get scary.

That'd be nice but the damage is done regardless. Especially since these voter and citizenship purges are going to explicitly target democratic voters.

This will be a lonh, drawn out legal process. It's not gonna happen overnight. This is going to royally fuck Republicans. It's also stuff like this that will make independent voters turn out against them in droves. If I was in GOP leadership I would be plotting to kill Jeff Sessions lol

I don't understand why Trump doesn't fire his ass. Maybe he's afraid Sessions would talk or leak information or testify or something... But the dude is awful, Trump has said he's awful, and Trump has shown he isn't afraid to fire people in droves...

• Upvote 1

Trump doesn't like Sessions anymore, but other republicans love him (which says all it has to say about republicans to me). I'm guessing everyone in his cabinet is really pushing hard for trump not to fire him. Not to say that trump won't ignore them all forever, but it doesn't mean nothing.

Ok, can we all agree that we'd like to see ooooonnnnee more mass shooter in Washington DC. Hard to get some of these congressmen in the same room as Sessions. Maybe if we held a fake KKK rally? I'm just brain storming lol

Ok, can we all agree that we'd like to see ooooonnnnee more mass shooter in Washington DC. Hard to get some of these congressmen in the same room as Sessions. Maybe if we held a fake KKK rally? I'm just brain storming lol

It really is something that when a mass shooter goes into a school he kills 10+ kids no problem, but the dude who shot up the republican softball team couldn't even kill one of them.

You would have to kill Trump too or he would lock this country up tighter than a nun's pussy. I just had an idea for a book though. Guy carries out a political assassination, surrenders himself and pleas not guilty because it was his 2nd amendment right. I think there would be some very good lawyers lining up to make that argument on the world stage lol.

While the stock market obviously is a lot of super-rich people, basically anyone with any retirement savings has money in it. This will badly effect people that are looking to retire soon.

(Anecdotal in my case)

Almost every older person I know voted for Trump. How ironic.

• Upvote 1