Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Recommended Posts

Hahahahahahahaha you telling me how the world works lol....hahahahahahaha. 

 

Yeah I'm kinda Killin the game, so I'm going to keep doing me. If where I'm at is not growing up, I'm good with it lol.

 

It's going to be awesome when Negatron comes out to play lol 

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Omerta said:

Ahhhh, more of you not making a point. Keep playing the game playa. For a guy who fancies himself the smartest guy in the room, you are predictable to the rest of us knave's lol

Is it nuanced or do you just bend things you say to fit your current narrative, even though you contradict yourself lol.

I told you, I have you figured out, you're not surprising anyone lol. Keep trying.

You're not very good at debating OR trolling, it seems. Good attempt, though.

"I'm killing the game" talks about freaking internet points lol. 

You stay in your nice little everything is black and white bubble so us terrible liberals can't trigger you with our daring to treat everyone equally.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha never said anything about shitting on trans people lol.

This is hilarious at this point. You can't make a point or refute my original statement so you have to personally insult someone, because your points don't stand alone.

This is pure Thanatos 101. You say I'M not good at debating, but you can't even fucking stick to the topic because your points are that flimsy. I'm glad other people are seeing this, you are killing your own mystique.

Also, you have said before that this country has no liberals, but you just refer to yourself as one. So which is it? Do we or don't we? Or is it nuanced lol?

As for killing the game referring to internet points alone, why do you look at things so black and white? Haha. This is great.

Thanks for the latest episode of " A swing and a miss."

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although they "psychology" have to be somewhat useful because while researching this, I stumbled on an article that nailed you down perfectly.

"Apologies, unlike admissions of wrongdoing, invariably involve the fact that there's an identifiable victim. It’s important to the victim, Lewicki and his collaborators point out, for transgressors to take ownership of the harmful action, even though it might make them seem incompetent or dishonest. This is yet another key reason to admit to wrongdoing — it shows that you respect the people who were affected by your actions. It can be the ultimate expression of egocentrism, or even narcissism, to focus only on your own self-image and how it is harmed by violation of competence or integrity expectations held by others toward you. Instead, by admitting the wrongdoing, you show that you value them as much — or more than — you value your own need to seem infallible."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201703/the-mindset-makes-it-hard-admit-youre-wrong

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thanatos said:

So what you're just gonna ask them what they have between their legs before deigning to call them female or male pronouns? 

What would you call an actual intersex person? 

The medical community has stopped trying to treat it because we found out how to treat it. We let them transition so they are more comfortable in their body.

 

Until hormone therapy and catering to delusion actually curbs the suicide rate among trans folks, we haven't figured out how to treat it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Omerta said:

Haha never said anything about shitting on trans people lol.

This is hilarious at this point. You can't make a point or refute my original statement so you have to personally insult someone, because your points don't stand alone.

This is pure Thanatos 101. You say I'M not good at debating, but you can't even fucking stick to the topic because your points are that flimsy. I'm glad other people are seeing this, you are killing your own mystique.

Also, you have said before that this country has no liberals, but you just refer to yourself as one. So which is it? Do we or don't we? Or is it nuanced lol?

As for killing the game referring to internet points alone, why do you look at things so black and white? Haha. This is great.

Thanks for the latest episode of " A swing and a miss."

Another post from Omerta where he twists my words to make a strawman argument. How unoriginal. And then we get the twofer, where you accuse me of personal insults when you're mudslinging right with the best of them.

I said this country had no far left party. It doesn't. I never said it has no liberals. And every time you talk shit about me changing my position, this is what you're doing 99% of the time. You make shit up that I say and then say "But you changed your position!"

I wasn't saying killing the game referred to internet points at all, let alone them only- there should have definitely been a hyphen in there, my bad. Im aware you were saying "killing the game" as in life. I was pointing out you talk about how good you're doing in life and then talk about "negatron" coming out, like I would care at all about points on a message board.

You're the one who just said something about shitting on trans people, not me. All I said was you get triggered when we liberals want people treated equally. Freudian slip much?

I really could care less if you think I had a mystique or something. I don't know where you got that idea from. Another example of you projecting onto me things I don't believe, I guess. I don't give two shits about your opinion of me. Your moral values are so far opposite from mine that I'd have to question my own stance seriously if you did think highly of me. 

Glad to see you agree psychology is perfectly valid so long as it backs up your own beliefs. Classic republicanism right there.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

 

Until hormone therapy and catering to delusion actually curbs the suicide rate among trans folks, we haven't figured out how to treat it.

"Until we cure literally 100% of people affected by a disease, we haven't figured out how to treat it." I am not saying that literally everyone who uses hormone therapy lives happily ever after. But acting like transitioning itself is the issue that causes trans people to commit suicide, rather than the frankly disgusting way the political right and their base treats trans people, is just mind-bogglingly head-in-the-sand stupid. 

When you are bullied day in and day out for something that- regardless of what you think of trans people- is simply a facet of your own identity, and you already have issues with your mental state, given that it doesn't match your physical one, this can drive plenty of young people to suicide. 

These are the exact same arguments that people used against homosexuality, and in 50 years it will be seen in the same light and for what it really is. A dying set of "traditional" values disguising hatred towards a group of people that has zero effect on your life.

I notice you didn't answer my questions about how you're gonna know what pronoun they should use. Because all you actually care about is how they look, not who they were at birth. You think its weird for a masculine looking man to dress in women's clothes. But when a dude walks into the bathroom and looks like a dude, even if he was born female, you don't care because it doesn't make you uncomfortable. It would in fact make the women uncomfortable if he did use the women's bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Another post from Omerta where he twists my words to make a strawman argument. How unoriginal. And then we get the twofer, where you accuse me of personal insults when you're mudslinging right with the best of them.

I said this country had no far left party. It doesn't. I never said it has no liberals. And every time you talk shit about me changing my position, this is what you're doing 99% of the time. You make shit up that I say and then say "But you changed your position!"

I wasn't saying killing the game referred to internet points at all, let alone them only- there should have definitely been a hyphen in there, my bad. Im aware you were saying "killing the game" as in life. I was pointing out you talk about how good you're doing in life and then talk about "negatron" coming out, like I would care at all about points on a message board.

You're the one who just said something about shitting on trans people, not me. All I said was you get triggered when we liberals want people treated equally. Freudian slip much?

I really could care less if you think I had a mystique or something. I don't know where you got that idea from. Another example of you projecting onto me things I don't believe, I guess. I don't give two shits about your opinion of me. Your moral values are so far opposite from mine that I'd have to question my own stance seriously if you did think highly of me. 

Glad to see you agree psychology is perfectly valid so long as it backs up your own beliefs. Classic republicanism right there.

Haha no sweetie, you really just contradict yourself that often. I cant count how many times you have said your not a liberal, and love to tout your record of never having voted for a democrat. Then now all of the sudden you are a liberal.  Quote me where I personally attacked you. You cant, because I didnt. The irony in you saying someone twisted words lol

See ladies and gentleman this is what we call misdirection. He could not dsipute my facts of psychology not being a science with anything other than, "I said so." I call him out on it, and then he goes on a long tirade telling me to grow up and personally trying to attack me because he cant prove his point. Then I point out he has contributed nothing to substantiate his claim, and then he keeps on going not supporting it. 

Then he makes up an erroneous argument about him not putting a hyphen means he is not getting all hurt about this. Not buying it. You wouldnt be so quick to get personal if you didnt lol. 

Quote where I shit on trans people. You cant. Because I didnt. This is another classic Thanatos technique. Say something that isnt true, and try to claim the moral high ground even though it was something that never happened. This is Hillary 101, which is where he got it. I will probably be a Russian asset next. 

Yes things like family first, loyalty, service to country and a higher purpose above yourself, humility, all things that I hope dont run counter to you. If they do, its not to late to make a change. And for the record, no bullshit, I do like you.

Ha no, its not valid nor has it ever been. I didnt say it was a science in that post at all. I said it had to be somewhat useful, and that it nailed you down perfectly, it did lol. 

Why dont you just admit you were wrong about psychology being a science and be done with it. You have danced around any which way but doing it, is being right that important to you lol ? 

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Haha no sweetie, you really just contradict yourself that often. I cant count how many times you have said your not a liberal, and love to tout your record of never having voted for a democrat. Then now all of the sudden you are a liberal.  Quote me where I personally attacked you. You cant, because I didnt. The irony in you saying someone twisted words lol

See ladies and gentleman this is what we call misdirection. He could not dsipute my facts of psychology not being a science with anything other than, "I said so." I call him out on it, and then he goes on a long tirade telling me to grow up and personally trying to attack me because he cant prove his point. Then I point out he has contributed nothing to substantiate his claim, and then he keeps on going not supporting it. 

Then he makes up an erroneous argument about him not putting a hyphen means he is not getting all hurt about this. Not buying it. You wouldnt be so quick to get personal if you didnt lol. 

Quote where I shit on trans people. You cant. Because I didnt. This is another classic Thanatos technique. Say something that isnt true, and try to claim the moral high ground even though it was something that never happened. This is Hillary 101, which is where he got it. I will probably be a Russian asset next. 

Yes things like family first, loyalty, service to country and a higher purpose above yourself, humility, all things that I hope dont run counter to you. If they do, its not to late to make a change. And for the record, no bullshit, I do like you.

Ha no, its not valid nor has it ever been. I didnt say it was a science in that post at all. I said it had to be somewhat useful, and that it nailed you down perfectly, it did lol. 

Why dont you just admit you were wrong about psychology being a science and be done with it. You have danced around any which way but doing it, is being right that important to you lol ? 

Liberal and far left are not the same thing. If you can't comprehend that after I've spelled it out like four times, I really can't help you there.

Psychology is, at least now, considered a science. It is listed on the official list of STEM degrees. The field of psychology, btw, has many sub-fields. To sit there and argue Neuro-psychology, Bio psychology, and physiological psychology- to name but a few sub-fields of psychology- are not science is asinine. They are hard sciences. Are the armchair psychologists people go to to get counseling, scientists? If that is all they do, then no, not at that time. That is clearly not what we are referring to here, given that we are looking at the human brain and the question of gender vs sex from a scientific standpoint. Can you comprehend that different fields of research have sub-fields of their own, or is that too *nuanced* for you to handle?

Not all fields of psychology are hard empirical sciences like biology. As I stated before. However, many are. And then, once again, you claim I said something I did not. I did not say its a science because I say so. I laid out why psychology is now considered a science. I explained it in my post that you are intentionally lying about what I said to make a point. That is what is insulting. Debate all you want, but when you start lying about what I said, I consider the debate to be over. I told you the three facets of what makes science, science. Psychology has a difficult time with #3, which is why the entire field is not considered an empirical science like biology or geology or what have you.

I didn't make up anything. I left out a hyphen. For someone who types from their phone and makes grammatical errors galore, it is the height of hypocrisy to claim I am lying rather than a simple typo. This is why I put it in quotes:

"I'm killing the game" talks about freaking internet points lol. As in: "I'm killing the game" (quoting you, again)- talks about freaking internet points. Again, you can believe what you want. Just pointing out how grossly hypocritical of you it is when every post of yours I have to try to decipher at least one or two sentences.

I never said you shit on trans people, that's the point. You said "Haha never said anything about shitting on trans people lol." My previous post only had about liberals wanting equal rights for everyone. Where did I accuse you of shitting on trans people? The only thing I see is that you assumed that me saying we want equal rights for everyone was tantamount to accusing you of shitting on trans people. Thus, Freudian slip.

Family first- unless of course you have a child who is trans, apparently.

Loyalty- to what and whom?

Service to country- Sure. As long as the country is morally sound. I don't subscribe to service to country merely because its my country.

A higher purpose above yourself- Given that you've already stated you don't really care about other people besides your family, this strikes me as rather funny.

Humility- lol. "I'm killing the game." You're the last person to be talking about being humble, bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Liberal and far left are not the same thing. If you can't comprehend that after I've spelled it out like four times, I really can't help you there.

Psychology is, at least now, considered a science. It is listed on the official list of STEM degrees. The field of psychology, btw, has many sub-fields. To sit there and argue Neuro-psychology, Bio psychology, and physiological psychology- to name but a few sub-fields of psychology- are not science is asinine. They are hard sciences. Are the armchair psychologists people go to to get counseling, scientists? If that is all they do, then no, not at that time. That is clearly not what we are referring to here, given that we are looking at the human brain and the question of gender vs sex from a scientific standpoint. Can you comprehend that different fields of research have sub-fields of their own, or is that too *nuanced* for you to handle?

Not all fields of psychology are hard empirical sciences like biology. As I stated before. However, many are. And then, once again, you claim I said something I did not. I did not say its a science because I say so. I laid out why psychology is now considered a science. I explained it in my post that you are intentionally lying about what I said to make a point. That is what is insulting. Debate all you want, but when you start lying about what I said, I consider the debate to be over. I told you the three facets of what makes science, science. Psychology has a difficult time with #3, which is why the entire field is not considered an empirical science like biology or geology or what have you.

I didn't make up anything. I left out a hyphen. For someone who types from their phone and makes grammatical errors galore, it is the height of hypocrisy to claim I am lying rather than a simple typo. This is why I put it in quotes:

"I'm killing the game" talks about freaking internet points lol. As in: "I'm killing the game" (quoting you, again)- talks about freaking internet points. Again, you can believe what you want. Just pointing out how grossly hypocritical of you it is when every post of yours I have to try to decipher at least one or two sentences.

I never said you shit on trans people, that's the point. You said "Haha never said anything about shitting on trans people lol." My previous post only had about liberals wanting equal rights for everyone. Where did I accuse you of shitting on trans people? The only thing I see is that you assumed that me saying we want equal rights for everyone was tantamount to accusing you of shitting on trans people. Thus, Freudian slip.

3 hours ago, Thanatos said:

 

Loyalty- to what and whom?

Service to country- Sure. As long as the country is morally sound. I don't subscribe to service to country merely because its my country.

A higher purpose above yourself- Given that you've already stated you don't really care about other people besides your family, this strikes me as rather funny.

Humility- lol. "I'm killing the game." You're the last person to be talking about being humble, bud.

 

First lets get this out of the way. You said psychology is a science, it isnt. Glad you can admit that

Second, you name all the subsets of it that are derived from actual sciences like I said, neuroscience, biology, and orthopedics. If not for those actual scientific fields, it would be bullshit. psychology on its own is not a science. nor has it ever been. However when you do cross training in something sciency....like neuro science then it gives it legitimacy. But you didnt say that did you? You said psychology.

In your original post you said psychology. You did not mention the subsets that require extra schooling because they are actual sciences. A neuro-psychologist has to go to school for longer because psychology in it of itself is not going to give you some incredible insight into the mind. Psychologists are their to listen and push drugs. Only after I pressed you did you come up with these sections of psychology that are crossed with sciences which proves my point. 

No, you literally never laid it out like you just did. Im not lying and dont accuse me of it just because you are asshurt, bud. 

Just to reiterate. PSYCHOLOGY BY ITSELF IS NOT A SCIENCE. IT HAS TO BE CROSSED WITH AN ACTUAL SCIENCE BEFORE YOU GET TO CALL IT THAT. 

A higher purpose above myself, is my family. Just because I dont care about the rest of you does not mean I have no higher purpose. 

And with people like you, you cant be humble. You walk on people who are so humble they wont call you on your bullshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And lets not pretend that STEM is a definitive guide for what is a science as really all STEM is, is a government program created to increase competition for government grants. Psychology by the definition you said you meant but didnt say is considered a natural science because of their derivations from a natural science. That said psychology is not a natural science, thus the academic world is still largely against considering it a science because it has results that can often not be reproduced, and they certainly cant be reproduced with the regularity consistent with legitimate sciences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Omerta said:

 

 

First lets get this out of the way. You said psychology is a science, it isnt. Glad you can admit that

Second, you name all the subsets of it that are derived from actual sciences like I said, neuroscience, biology, and orthopedics. If not for those actual scientific fields, it would be bullshit. psychology on its own is not a science. nor has it ever been. However when you do cross training in something sciency....like neuro science then it gives it legitimacy. But you didnt say that did you? You said psychology.

In your original post you said psychology. You did not mention the subsets that require extra schooling because they are actual sciences. A neuro-psychologist has to go to school for longer because psychology in it of itself is not going to give you some incredible insight into the mind. Psychologists are their to listen and push drugs. Only after I pressed you did you come up with these sections of psychology that are crossed with sciences which proves my point. 

No, you literally never laid it out like you just did. Im not lying and dont accuse me of it just because you are asshurt, bud. 

Just to reiterate. PSYCHOLOGY BY ITSELF IS NOT A SCIENCE. IT HAS TO BE CROSSED WITH AN ACTUAL SCIENCE BEFORE YOU GET TO CALL IT THAT. 

A higher purpose above myself, is my family. Just because I dont care about the rest of you does not mean I have no higher purpose. 

And with people like you, you cant be humble. You walk on people who are so humble they wont call you on your bullshit. 

Do you even know what a psychologist is? Psychologists can only prescribe drugs in five out of fifty states. Psychiatrists are the ones who prescribe medical drugs, not psychologists, and they are trained doctors, and thus qualified to do so.

Psychology IS a science, it's just not an empirical science. Psychology, as a whole, INCLUDES all those fields. That is why they are called SUB-fields of psychology. So when I say Psychology, I am referring to everything the field of psychology encompasses. This is how the English language works. Neuro-psychology is not bio-psychology, but they are both psychology, and they are empirical sciences.

If your higher purpose is simply your family, you're being redundant. You already said family first, so I assumed your higher purpose must be something else.

I never laid it out like I just did? Oh really? What is this post then? Quoting the relevant part:

Science is generally considered to consist of three things: A) The mindset B) The method C) The overall knowledge

When you are doing science you assume there is no supernatural influence you cannot detect- you have to as a starting point here. Then you use the scientific method to contribute to the overall knowledge we have any given subject. Philosophy fails at A and B and is therefore not a science. Philosophers do not assume no existence of the supernatural. Psychologists do. They also use the scientific method to reach their conclusions.

Where psychology struggles where, say, biology does not, is step C. The human brain is one of the most complex organs in the universe. On a lot of subjects, there is no consensus, unlike biology which has a large consensus on nearly all of the subjects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Omerta said:

And lets not pretend that STEM is a definitive guide for what is a science as really all STEM is, is a government program created to increase competition for government grants. Psychology by the definition you said you meant but didnt say is considered a natural science because of their derivations from a natural science. That said psychology is not a natural science, thus the academic world is still largely against considering it a science because it has results that can often not be reproduced, and they certainly cant be reproduced with the regularity consistent with legitimate sciences. 

Sure, the official list of science, tech, engineering, and math majors doesn't actually mean that. Instead, we just take Ngata's word for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thanatos said:

Do you even know what a psychologist is? Psychologists can only prescribe drugs in five out of fifty states. Psychiatrists are the ones who prescribe medical drugs, not psychologists, and they are trained doctors, and thus qualified to do so.

Psychology IS a science, it's just not an empirical science. Psychology, as a whole, INCLUDES all those fields. That is why they are called SUB-fields of psychology. So when I say Psychology, I am referring to everything the field of psychology encompasses. This is how the English language works. Neuro-psychology is not bio-psychology, but they are both psychology, and they are empirical sciences.

If your higher purpose is simply your family, you're being redundant. You already said family first, so I assumed your higher purpose must be something else.

I never laid it out like I just did? Oh really? What is this post then? Quoting the relevant part:

 

 

Yes I am aware of what a psychologist is. 

No, it isnt. if you have to split hairs between empirical and  not then it isnt. Either it is one or it isnt. No, when you say psychology, you are referring to psychology. That is how the english language works. All these sub divisions you talked about that are crossed with an actual science, are things you didnt say, and your quote doesnt illustrate it either. If you want to specify those fields as empirical sciences fine, THEN FUCKING SAY IT.  We are not your wife, and we dont infer what you mean. 

What about god, how is that for a higher purpose ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Sure, the official list of science, tech, engineering, and math majors doesn't actually mean that. Instead, we just take Ngata's word for it. 

No...you take other scientists words for it lol.

"This term is typically used when addressing education policy and curriculum choices in schools to improve competitiveness in science and technology development. It has implications for workforce development, national security concerns and immigration policy.[2] The science in STEM typically refers to two out of the three major branches of science: natural sciences, including biology, physics, and chemistry, and formal sciences, of which mathematics is an example, along with logic and statistics;

the third major branch of science, social sciences, including psychology, sociology, and political science, are categorized separately from the other two branches of science, and are instead grouped together with humanities and arts to form another counterpart acronym named HASS - Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences."

Where you at now smart ass ?

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Omerta said:

Yes I am aware of what a psychologist is. 

No, it isnt. if you have to split hairs between empirical and  not then it isnt. Either it is one or it isnt. No, when you say psychology, you are referring to psychology. That is how the english language works. All these sub divisions you talked about that are crossed with an actual science, are things you didnt say, and your quote doesnt illustrate it either. If you want to specify those fields as empirical sciences fine, THEN FUCKING SAY IT.  We are not your wife, and we dont infer what you mean. 

What about god, how is that for a higher purpose ?

....

I DID say psychology wasn't as empirical as biology. I specifically spelled that out in the same post, the very first sentence in my reply to you.

Yes, when I say Psychology, I am referring to Psychology as a whole. Ngata, you're just being nonsensical here. By your logic if I say Math proves the quadratic equation, I am in fact wrong, because it is a subset of math- Algebra- that actually proves it. Do you understand how eminently confusing your way of claiming things would be? If the field of Psychology does not include all the sub-fields, you know, the ones that make up the field... then what in the fuck DOES it include?

I don't believe in god, but just saying "god" as a higher purpose doesn't really tell me what you mean by that, so I can't agree/disagree as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Omerta said:

No...you take other scientists words for it lol.

 

Just not, apparently, the ones who came up with STEM.

Edited by Thanatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

....

I DID say psychology wasn't as empirical as biology. I specifically spelled that out in the same post, the very first sentence in my reply to you.

Yes, when I say Psychology, I am referring to Psychology as a whole. Ngata, you're just being nonsensical here. By your logic if I say Math proves the quadratic equation, I am in fact wrong, because it is a subset of math- Algebra- that actually proves it. Do you understand how eminently confusing your way of claiming things would be? If the field of Psychology does not include all the sub-fields, you know, the ones that make up the field... then what in the fuck DOES it include?

I don't believe in god, but just saying "god" as a higher purpose doesn't really tell me what you mean by that, so I can't agree/disagree as of yet.

 

1 minute ago, Thanatos said:

Just not, apparently, the ones who came up with STEM.

...MASSIVE difference, not exactly an apples to apples comparison. the same processes are used in algebra as trig. 

Neuro science is not the same or the same principles as other "sub branches" of psychology. 

And apparently you didnt read the original congressional document where they separate the other 2 types of science. I am not doing anymore research for you. 

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42642.pdf

straight from the original, congressional research on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what your point is there. It still says its a science. I specifically said it wasn't as empirical as biology. I really don't know how else to lay this out to you so you can understand it. 

It's come a long way since 2001 as a field as well. Just gonna point out you're going an awful long way out of your way to avoid having to be a decent human being and call people by the pronoun they want to be called by. 

Neuro psych uses the same fundamental building blocks as the others do, my friend. Psychology includes all fields of psychology. I do apologize if you somehow thought I was referring to... whatever psych would be without any of its sub-fields. I again ask what on earth does it consist of if it does not include any sub-fields?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So surfing is now a science.

Why am I not a decent human being now? For the statement about trans people I didn't make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feminism is now a science, gender studies is a science, Folklore is a science, lawyers and judges are scientists, Translators are scientists, Librarians are scientists, News anchors, reporters, and journalists are scientists, got it. Check....not diluting at all lol. The fuck outta here with that shit.

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Feminism is now a science, gender studies is a science, Folklore is a science, lawyers and judges are scientists, Translators are scientists, Librarians are scientists, News anchors, reporters, and journalists are scientists, got it. Check....not diluting at all lol. The fuck outta here with that shit.

I mean, they are social sciences, if that's what you're going for, but that's a completely different usage of the word science. I know, I know, you hate things that aren't black and white, sorry. 

I may be getting you and Bware mixed up, but if a trans person asked you to call them she/her when they appear to be otherwise, would you?

Still never saw you point out where I claimed you made such a statement. You have a very nice habit of claiming I do things, and then when provided evidence I do not, ignoring following up on it. Wonder why that is.

Edited by Thanatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I mean, they are social sciences, if that's what you're going for, but that's a completely different usage of the word science. I know, I know, you hate things that aren't black and white, sorry. 

I may be getting you and Bware mixed up, but if a trans person asked you to call them she/her when they appear to be otherwise, would you?

Still never saw you point out where I claimed you made such a statement. You have a very nice habit of claiming I do things, and then when provided evidence I do not, ignoring following up on it. Wonder why that is.

That's what I am saying. You can call psychology a science, but it isn't unless it is crossed with an actual science. Psychology by itself is no more a science than feminism.

I also did that because you said when you say psychology it encompasses all sciences under it, thus a science. If we apply that logic to the word science we have to put feminism on the same plane as say molecular biology. When talking about something this broad you don't get to be lazy with your words, and claim things are all encompassing or you end up saying, well gender studies is a science according to stem, which it isn't.

I have already said this. I will call them the he/she of their choosing. Where I draw the line is the Zim/Zir nonsense. You just made that shit up so how do you know you identify with whatever a Zir is? You were born a woman but want to be called him, no problem, I gotcha pal. You want me to call you Zim, nah dude. Get your ass on down the road. You don't feel like a him or her (nonsense, but whatever) I'll call you by your name.

Dude are you serious? Like 3 posts ago you said I am going out of my way not to be a decent human being. Now you wonder why I claim you said that. You have a very nice habit of insulting me and when you get called on it, play the victim like I'm the one making shit up. 

Then you say stupid shit like I would not love my kids or put them first if they were trans. Dude, shut the fuck up. My kids are going to be my everything along with my wife no matter what. Macy wanting to be a guy would not take away all the gallons of imaginary Mio, I have drank with my head in her doll house. All the hours camping and laughing with my son mean the same if he wants to be a woman.  As long as they're not the entitled, pretentious, shitbag trans people we read about, I'm good with it. We won't be doing that hormone shit either until their brain is completely developed, because my wife and I aren't shit parents. 

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Omerta said:

That's what I am saying. You can call psychology a science, but it isn't unless it is crossed with an actual science. Psychology by itself is no more a science than feminism.

I also did that because you said when you say psychology it encompasses all sciences under it, thus a science. If we apply that logic to the word science we have to put feminism on the same plane as say molecular biology. When talking about something this broad you don't get to lazy with your words, and claim things are all encompassing or you end up saying will gender studies is a science according to stem, which it isn't.

I have already said this. I will call them the he/she of their choosing. Where I draw the line is the Zim/Sir nonsense. You just made that shit up so how do you know you identify with whatever a Zir is? You were born a woman but want to be called him, no problem, I gotcha pal. You want me to call you Zim, nah dude. Get your ass on down the road. You don't feel like a him or her (nonsense, but whatever) I'll call you by your name.

Dude are you serious? Like 3 posts ago you said I am going out of my way not to be a decent human being. Now you wonder why you claim you said that. You have a very nice habit of insulting me and when you get called in it play the victim like I'm the one making shit up. 

Then you say stupid shit like I would love my kids or put them first if they were trans. Dude, shut the fuck up. My kids are going to be my everything along with my wife no matter what. Macy wanting to be a guy would not take away all the gallons of imaginary Mio, I have drank with my head in her doll house. All the hours camping and laughing with my son mean the same if he wants to be a woman.  As long as they're not the entitled, pretentious, shitbag trans people we read about, I'm good with it. We won't be doing that hormone shit either until their brain is completely developed, because my wife and I aren't shit parents. 

Good to hear. I do mean that. There are plenty of people I talk to who would not do the same for their kids. Hell, I know someone who got kicked out just for being gay. 

I don't think Zim/Zer people exist in real life. If they do they are a tiny tiny minority of trans people. Hell, many of them that are online do not say they are trans at all, they are just genderfluid, which is another bucket of worms. 

I was talking about where you claimed I said you were shitting on trans people which was well before that. I never said that. 

Psychology is in its own class, even in your link, its not lumped with the social sciences, unless you're gonna argue engineering is as well. Psychology encompasses all fields of psychology. Psychology itself as a whole is 2/3 on what makes something a science. There's no comparison to feminism, no part of which is a science. A social science is a totally different meaning of the word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Good to hear. I do mean that. There are plenty of people I talk to who would not do the same for their kids. Hell, I know someone who got kicked out just for being gay. 

I don't think Zim/Zer people exist in real life. If they do they are a tiny tiny minority of trans people. Hell, many of them that are online do not say they are trans at all, they are just genderfluid, which is another bucket of worms. 

I was talking about where you claimed I said you were shitting on trans people which was well before that. I never said that. 

Psychology is in its own class, even in your link, its not lumped with the social sciences, unless you're gonna argue engineering is as well. Psychology encompasses all fields of psychology. Psychology itself as a whole is 2/3 on what makes something a science. There's no comparison to feminism, no part of which is a science. A social science is a totally different meaning of the word.

Psychology is a social science though. Just do a simple Google search and it becomes clear. Psychology Is the study of behaviors attributed to the mind and how that plays into societal constructs. Pretty much everywhere says it is fringes science not on the same stringent level as the other 2.

Edited by Omerta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
×