Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I honestly don't know wtf I would do.

Sanctions just hurt the general population, IMO.

Assassination is incredibly risky.

Pre-emptive strike is morally questionable, plus you better be damn sure you got all of his nukes.

It's just a lose-lose-lose.

The US would be fucked without China as well.

Imagine if we got into it with China and they called for us to repay the trillion dollars we owe them. Lmao. That'd do wonders for the economy

Well, if he supported DACA being legal, he wouldn't have rescinded it.

And before you make a claim about trump simply having issues with executive orders instead of legislative action, stop because you know damn well he couldn't care less about the legality of anything.

EDIT:

If he was hell-bent on just ending it, he could have done that. Instead, he gave a 6 month grace period before those protections end to do exactly what his tweet said. It's up to your lawmakers to move on immigration reform.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

There's a 6 month phaseout and the NY Times says people enrolled in the program will have protections and work permits that last long after that.

Again. There's nothing wrong or bad about his tweet. You act like because it's "rescinded" nothing can be done or that it can't be re-enacted legally. It can.

If you want something flat-out stopped and banished from the face of the Earth, you don't let it's effects go on for more than 6 months.. you don't give a lawmaking body the power to re-enact it...

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Well, he doesn't grant congress power to re-enact it. If you don't want it gone, you encourage them to pass a law, but you don't rescind the order in 6 months or ever.

The point isn't if he wants it gone or not... His tweet that you posted said he wants it legalized. You said he didn't know what he was doing... But if you want something changed, you make a move and get other people to act. If he didn't do this, would Congress have moved to legalize DACA this way? Absolutely not.

He totally understands what he did today, contrary to your beilef.

If he cared about these people he wouldn't play chicken with their lives.

I don't disagree necessarily but if he can finally get Congress to do something, add DACA back, and then have comprehensive immigration reform on top of it... that seems like an overall win.

We shall see how it goes I suppose.

Unless he vetoes anything nicer than "deport them all" because he's made his feelings very clear. I don't know why you keep waiting for the compassionate trump pivot.* It hasn't happened in 2 years of campaigning + presidency. It's not happening.

*I do know. It's because you support him and desperately want to justify to yourself how you can be a good person while doing so.

Unless he vetoes anything nicer than "deport them all" because he's made his feelings very clear. I don't know why you keep waiting for the compassionate trump pivot.* It hasn't happened in 2 years of campaigning + presidency. It's not happening.

*I do know. It's because you support him and desperately want to justify to yourself how you can be a good person while doing so.

How does it feel knowing you got Trump elected. I swear between you and my brother you have converted more people to Trump fans than anyone else ! Edited by Omerta

How does it feel knowing you got Trump elected. I swear between you and my brother you have converted more people to Trump fans than anyone else !

I wish I could remember where this quote is from, but alas, I don't.

If you start repeatedly calling someone a goat fucker, they don't start fucking goats out of spite.

I wish I could remember where this quote is from, but alas, I don't.

If you start repeatedly calling someone a goat fucker, they don't start fucking goats out of spite.

Your relationship with goats not withstanding, you and people of your ilk created trumpocracy. Embrace your creation.

Your relationship with goats not withstanding, you and people of your ilk created trumpocracy. Embrace your creation.

You're the reason American soldiers are killed because you were in the military.

You're the reason American soldiers are killed because you were in the military.

You love the thought of dead soldiers don't you? It gets you all hot under the collar.

I see what you tried to do but it doesnt play. I didn't disgust Americans so much they wanted war. People like you on the other hand...

Edited by Omerta

You love the thought of dead soldiers don't you? It gets you all hot under the collar.

I see what you tried to do but it doesnt play. I didn't disgust Americans so much they wanted war. People like you on the other hand...

In our threads I seem to be the one promoting a measured approach with North Korea while you can't wait to kill as many as possible, lives be damned. Why am I the one who likes dead soldiers?

Also, why do you take into account the feelings of the bigots, but never their victims? Seems like you can identify with one group more. I wonder why...

In our threads I seem to be the one promoting a measured approach with North Korea while you can't wait to kill as many as possible, lives be damned. Why am I the one who likes dead soldiers?

Also, why do you take into account the feelings of the bigots, but never their victims? Seems like you can identify with one group more. I wonder why...

Because you keep bringing them up lol.

So now you're a victim ? Interesting. Way to prove the stereotype lol.

Quite the opposite actually, in a lot of these issues I try to

detach myself from the emotional pull that leftists weigh against every single issue this country faces.

I think the picture gets a lot clearer when you can approach an idea with a level - head. Doesn't mean you act in that fashion, but at least for discussion, it allows me to see all perspectives.

I mean you are sitting there making accusations while I mostly agreed with you in my last post. That's how I know I'm doing the " good " thing, I can agree to a degree with a massive leftist like yourself while being accused of being too far right / making excuses for Trump.

• Upvote 1

Pretending that these decisions don't effect real, living people isn't logical. It's privilege (ooh I said a bad word).

Politics isn't a game. It's real things that effect real people. Just because it won't effect you doesn't mean it isn't incredibly important.

The great thing, is that I haven't even shared my personal opinion of DACA to you or in this thread. You don't know my position, but you are commenting and making accusations as if you already know. I don't think you realize how, probably, close we are on the issue. (Ahhh, the joys of being relatively moderate).

The only thing we've really disagreed on is that you say Trump doesn't understand what he's doing -- I think he completely knows and understands what he is doing. And I agreed with you that it's pretty shitty to gamble with peoples lives in that manner...

Me saying that I UNDERSTAND an opposing viewpoint doesn't mean I inherently support it.

• Upvote 1

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump overruled congressional Republicans and his own treasury secretary Wednesday and cut a deal with Democrats to fund the government and raise the federal borrowing limit for three months, all part of an agreement to speed money to Harvey relief.

In the course of a relatively brief negotiating session at the White House, Trump largely sided with Democratic leaders as they pushed for the three-month deal. He brushed aside calls from Republican congressional leaders and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin for a longer extension to the debt limit, which Republicans had been aiming for to avoid having to take another vote on the politically toxic issue before the 2018 elections.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-overrules-gop-with-deal-on-spending-debt-harvey-aid/ar-AArmYSR

Yeah the dems played this great and trump fucked the congressional republicans over hard. I expect impeachment proceedings to start within a week.