Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Eagles Lose Peters, Hicks

Peters to a torn ACL and MCL and Hicks to a ruptured achilles.

1. Hopefully Peters doesn't retire because the Eagles roster is exceptionally built and should have a chance to contend in coming seasons. However, recent history points to his retirement. Maybe now that his window to play relevant football is indefinite, he'll return. Here's to hoping Big V shows growth from last season.

1a. You can't tell me that we can't do anything about guys falling around each other constantly. This is not the nature of the game. Getting rolled up on hardly ever happens in HS football and I don't think it's as prevalent in college football, either. These players need to consider their own legs and place an emphasis on staying on their feet.

2. The Eagles didn't need an already banged-up Hicks to beat a lesser Washington team. He shouldn't have even been out there.

Both huge losses no doubt but injuries are a part of the game and I'm not really sure how you stop guys getting rolled up on. I'd like to hear some of your suggestions on this. Maybe just eliminate linemen from the game lol.

Nope. Fines for injuries as a result of rolling up on someone. There has to be incentive to stay on your feet. I also am not sure I'd believe that players never go to the ground on purpose.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Wait, Bware is an Eagles fan now? Full time?

Welcome aboard. :D

Nope. Fines for injuries as a result of rolling up on someone. There has to be incentive to stay on your feet. I also am not sure I'd believe that players never go to the ground on purpose.

Well if guys are intentionally rolling up on people they should get a hell of a lot more than a fine. I just don't buy that that happens. How do you know what a players intentions are on stuff like that and players do have incentive to stay on their feet. Not too many plays are made when you get put on your ass. Maybe a lucky tackle or catch here and there but that's it. You have to keep in mind how big and strong these guys are. It's literally impossible to legislate something like this. I hate seeing JP go down too, trust me but that's football man. He caught a really tough break.

Well if guys are intentionally rolling up on people they should get a hell of a lot more than a fine. I just don't buy that that happens. How do you know what a players intentions are on stuff like that and players do have incentive to stay on their feet. Not too many plays are made when you get put on your ass. Maybe a lucky tackle or catch here and there but that's it. You have to keep in mind how big and strong these guys are. It's literally impossible to legislate something like this. I hate seeing JP go down too, trust me but that's football man. He caught a really tough break.

I didn't mean they intentionally roll up. I mean they sometimes intentionally hit the ground, maybe to obstruct a runners path. There needs to be clear incentive for players to stay on their feet.

On Hicks, I maintain that he wasn't needed and shouldn't have been out there. It's two weeks til their bye and they will likely go into their bye at either 7-2 or 8-1 if Denver's offense continues to suck.

I didn't mean they intentionally roll up. I mean they sometimes intentionally hit the ground, maybe to obstruct a runners path. There needs to be clear incentive for players to stay on their feet.

How would you do that?

"Congrats you didn't fall on your ass this past game, here is this fat bonus"?

Or "You spent too much time on the ground, we're fining you"?

You defend Sendejo saying it was a bang-bang play and he couldn't help it, but players being shoved to the ground isn't part of the game? Interesting :think:

• Upvote 1

On Hicks, I maintain that he wasn't needed and shouldn't have been out there. It's two weeks til their bye and they will likely go into their bye at either 7-2 or 8-1 if Denver's offense continues to suck.

This you may well be right about, but 3-0 in the division and 2-0 against the biggest competition in your division is pretty big. Dallas has all but of their division games remaining so they're still alive but this game kind of gave the Eagles a strangle hold on the NFCE. I might still take the loss in a home division game though if it meant we had Hicks for a playoff run but I can see why they thought this was a must win game.