GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

"Dukes Of Hazzard: The Beginning" and "Independence Day" on the 4th of July

I saw Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University.

I really loved MU. I thought DM2 was really really stupid.

To me, Monsters U seemed like a massive cash grab and Disney simply exerting authority over a once masterfully operated studio and animator.

I will probably see Despicable Me some time this week as well. :think:

I saw Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University.

I really loved MU. I thought DM2 was really really stupid.

Did you like the first one?

Did you like the first one?

Yes very much so.

@Favre: I liked the issues dealt with in MU, something that isn't really dealt with a lot. Kids are always told, "Dream big, work hard, and you can be whatever you want to be." Well, sometimes that simply isn't true. Sometimes you are physically or mentally incapable of being what you've dreamed of being- what are you supposed to do then? So yeah, I thought MU is one of their best.

Yes very much so.

@Favre: I liked the issues dealt with in MU, something that isn't really dealt with a lot. Kids are always told, "Dream big, work hard, and you can be whatever you want to be." Well, sometimes that simply isn't true. Sometimes you are physically or mentally incapable of being what you've dreamed of being- what are you supposed to do then? So yeah, I thought MU is one of their best.

I dunno if crushing dreams is up Pixar's alley though. And I won't argue with you if you liked it. Everyone has their preferences, no biggie. But one of their best? You sir, are insane. ha.

Idk I thought they handled it very well. But you and I have way different movie tastes as has become apparent in here many times.

To each their own.

By one of the best, do you mean like.. Top 3? They haven't put out THAT many feature length movies. Which ones are better than Monsters U in your opinion?

Hmm. Going through here, it's a bit lower than I originally thought.

(Again, my personal favorites.)

1. WALL-E

2. The Incredibles

3. Finding Nemo

4. Toy Story

5. Toy Story 3

6. Brave

7. Monsters University

So top-half, I guess. :p

But honestly, the only Pixar movies I didn't really like were the Cars ones.

No Up. >_> *gasp* . You don't rate Toy Story very well either -- so disappointing. 2 was definitely the worst, but still good, IMO. I also really liked Bugs Life, but that might be more nostalgia. And you liked Monsters U over the original!!! D'Oh!

We can agree that Cars was very average at best. I could see putting it above that and it's sequel. Which only leaves like.. Ratoutoulie or whatever the heck it was called which I wasn't a huge fan of. So ya.. Probably 3rd or 4th worst in my book.

But perspective is a beautiful thing... haha

More Korean movies.

It's gotten so bad that I can distinguish Korean names from other Asian names... I really have a problem.

See, as far as Pixar movies go, I hate rating them. Because to me, I loved all of them with the exception of the two Cars movies. So I'm splitting hairs by rating them.

Ya. True to a certain point. Because most of them are innovations to the industry. It's animation like we rarely get to see it. They contain quality, a great story, and fun for everyone. Certain movies don't live up to those high standards though like Cars and Monsters U. Too bad those disappointments are being made faster than the innovative are.

Hmm I rate Ratatouille really high on my pixar list. Monsters inc not so high. Cars I like because My son freakin loves it even if its probably not really one of their best.

edit: I should preface that with saying I don't dislike any of them... maybe Cars 2 wasn't great but the rest are all good.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Hmm I rate Ratatouille really high on my pixar list. Monsters inc not so high. Cars I like because My son freakin loves it even if its probably not really one of their best.

edit: I should preface that with saying I don't dislike any of them... maybe Cars 2 wasn't great but the rest are all good.

Ya, I know my aunt and uncle LOVE Cars because they had/have 3 young boys who were just obsessed with the movie when it came out. haha.

I just saw Despicable Me for the first time, and honestly...I loved it. It is one of my favorite kid movies, I like those little minions lol

I just saw Despicable Me for the first time, and honestly...I loved it. It is one of my favorite kid movies, I like those little minions lol

The first one or the second one? Either way, the minions are amazing. :yep:

The first one or the second one? Either way, the minions are amazing. :yep:

The first one, never saw it, went out and bought the DVD since it was on sale at Target. I may go see the 2nd one on Monday if I don't make other plans. Next time I go to Universal I'm totally buying a little minion plush for my room, Idk why but I love those little things lol.

Everybody does. :yep:

They are beyond epic and almost worth seeing alone. I wonder how a standalone movie would be... :think:

This movie looks interesting. I've been duped before due to a great collage of scenes put together. The lore alone will make me go see it though.

This really goes without saying, but moar Asian/Korean movies.

Grown Ups 2... I actually thought it was slightly.. SLIGHTLY better than the first one. Still pretty horrible though. Wasn't so much a movie as it was just transitioning between (bad) comedy sets.

Grown Ups 2... I actually thought it was slightly.. SLIGHTLY better than the first one. Still pretty horrible though. Wasn't so much a movie as it was just transitioning between (bad) comedy sets.

It's unreasonable to expect anything else from Adam Sandler nowadays. :p