Sign in to follow this  
BJORN

2019 Baseball Thread

How about them Pads making moves?

Don't think it is a terrible deal and I preferred Manny over Harper big time.

Nah, that was a solid deal in my eyes. I mean you can't really complain when. You get a guy that is looking like a hall of famer in the prime of his career. They still have a lot of work to do though.

27 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Nah, that was a solid deal in my eyes. I mean you can't really complain when. You get a guy that is looking like a hall of famer in the prime of his career. They still have a lot of work to do though.

Yup, now we are just hoping the farm system comes through. We were already hoping for a big year in  the 2020/2021 window...I think grabbing Manny doubles down on that.

The Colorado Rockies and 3B Nolan Arenado are in the final stages of negotiating an 8-year, $260M extension with opt-out after 3 years. (via Ken Rosenthal)

Harper should rake in CBP and in the Phillies new line up but I still don't really like the dude idk. Mixed feelings on this signing.

Bryce has been one of the most productive players over the last few years. Definitely someone I would want to build my team around. But a 13 year contract has me like :blink:

Man, so far the Phillies line up is pennant quality but outside of Nola there are way too many question marks surrounding their pitching. They have enough ammo to go an get another arm at some point this season though

To this point no starting pitcher has lasted more than 6 innings against the Phillies line up. Obviously a small sample size but they've went up against a couple of pitchers that could win a cy young this year during that stretch too.

The Pirates have a decent group of young guys this year. With a bit of help they could definitely be a playoff team. Need more production at SS and another starting pitcher. Too bad Bob Nutting is a stingy fuck. 

Been such a fun series against the Angels. Seeing Albert finally come back to Busch has been special. Getting these long standing Os, seeing him get the curtain call after homering against us... You can see him get emotional at the plate too. Just love that guy man.