Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

"what if raynor could see you"

Tell me they dont kill Jim....... :(

I don't think so.

These are spoilers from SC2: Wings of Liberty, not for HotS.

You remember in WoL the mission with Zeratul where you have to hold off the Xel'Naga and eventually get overrun? The reason for that is that the Zerg weren't there to help. Kerrigan *must* retake control of the Swarm, or the galaxy is going to fall when the Xel'Naga invade. The General cannot believe she would sacrifice her humanity to do so, and being the old warrior that he is, doesn't put much stock in prophecies.

Kerrigan's vengeance on Arcturus for what he did to her by leaving her behind at New Gettysburg has to be carried out, or she cannot be truly effective at leading. Her end-goal has always been to take down Mengsk, everything else was but a means to that end. In order for Kerrigan to move forward as a leader, Mengsk has to die, no matter who else she has to take down to do so. From the trailer, it appears that she launches an all-out assault on Mengsk's homeworld, which is where she confronts the general.

I really don't think Raynor would die in such an attack, because he really wouldn't be interested in saving Mengsk.

Also, Kerrigan has fled from Raynor's coalition, and taken back up with the Zerg. Thus the general's comment, "What if Raynor could see you right now" is referring to the fact that Raynor isn't there, not that Raynor is dead.

That's why the title of the expansion is so apropos. What is the heart of the Swarm? The answer: Sarah Kerrigan. She has become its heart, without her, they are nothing but mindless insects.

Edited by Thanatos19

Just finished Kingdoms of Amalur after however long it's been. Wasn't really in a hurry to finish it once 38 Studios went under.

Edited by Vin

Far Cry 3 might be the best game I've ever played, at least in terms of the villian. Vaas is just absolutely played to perfection. It is not easy to get inside the head of a crazy guy who nevertheless is living by a set of rules, but his voice actor is just spot on.

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" That little speech was just... perfect.

Far Cry 3 might be the best game I've ever played, at least in terms of the villian. Vaas is just absolutely played to perfection. It is not easy to get inside the head of a crazy guy who nevertheless is living by a set of rules, but his voice actor is just spot on.

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" That little speech was just... perfect.

Agreed.

Tomorrow i'll be playing the new Tomb Raider.

Anyone have or getting the new Sim City game? We could make our own TGP city or something since its all online multiplayer now

I was thinking about it... Too many fond memories of crashing airplanes mid-air, having 3 police departments per block, and an absurd amount of pollution.

Just finished Far Cry 3:

Ending felt a little weak. The whole game went down a notch after Vaas died, which was about 10 hours ago. Hoyt is simply not as good of a villian as Vaas is, stereotypical white guy drunk on power is way different and less unique than crazy islander who could care less what happens. Plus, Citra going as insane as her brother, though it was rather obvious it was coming, was just weird. At least let me kill her in some crazy final boss fight.

Still a great game, but I think the last third of the game, (after Vaas dies), drops it out of consideration for my personal favorite game.

I suck at StarCraft II. Unless I can get a Zealot rush off, I don't win many matches.

It's clearly the computer cheating to help the other guy out, am I right, Mikey? :p

I play mostly Terran, and my early game is pretty good, but yeah, still getting used to the mid-game tactics.

I file dispute on my paypal against the Sim City transaction. The game isn't bad but the servers are crap and since you need those servers to play online...well the game is unplayable. Do not buy the game, at least not yet.

I concur with SN. Tomb Raider is an awesome game.

StarCraft is pissing me the fuck off. I used to win about half of my games and the first day or so that I started playing again I was off to a similar start. Now I'm something like 6-20.

Journey.

I don't know WTF just happened...

So I'm 8% into Tomb Raider, just reached the mountain temple and outa the blue, my bow disappears... has this happened to anyone else? If so how do you get it back?

Cause I'm trying to hunt, and don't wanna waste bullets...

So I'm 8% into Tomb Raider, just reached the mountain temple and outa the blue, my bow disappears... has this happened to anyone else? If so how do you get it back?

Cause I'm trying to hunt, and don't wanna waste bullets...

Like completely gone? you've tried switching weapons? I played through the entire game without that happening so I dont know.

I don't think so.

These are spoilers from SC2: Wings of Liberty, not for HotS.

You remember in WoL the mission with Zeratul where you have to hold off the Xel'Naga and eventually get overrun? The reason for that is that the Zerg weren't there to help. Kerrigan *must* retake control of the Swarm, or the galaxy is going to fall when the Xel'Naga invade. The General cannot believe she would sacrifice her humanity to do so, and being the old warrior that he is, doesn't put much stock in prophecies.

Kerrigan's vengeance on Arcturus for what he did to her by leaving her behind at New Gettysburg has to be carried out, or she cannot be truly effective at leading. Her end-goal has always been to take down Mengsk, everything else was but a means to that end. In order for Kerrigan to move forward as a leader, Mengsk has to die, no matter who else she has to take down to do so. From the trailer, it appears that she launches an all-out assault on Mengsk's homeworld, which is where she confronts the general.

I really don't think Raynor would die in such an attack, because he really wouldn't be interested in saving Mengsk.

Also, Kerrigan has fled from Raynor's coalition, and taken back up with the Zerg. Thus the general's comment, "What if Raynor could see you right now" is referring to the fact that Raynor isn't there, not that Raynor is dead.

That's why the title of the expansion is so apropos. What is the heart of the Swarm? The answer: Sarah Kerrigan. She has become its heart, without her, they are nothing but mindless insects.

Wouldnt read this if you havent played Heart of the Swarm yet Thanatos.

So i've played through a couple missions so far and either you were wrong and Raynor is really dead OR like i'm leaning towards Mengsk just has him captured and wanted Kerrigan to think he was dead to lure her out. She didn't flee from Raynor, you'd know this now. (obviously not when we originally talked about it) if you have played it yet.

Edited by SteelersNation36

Yea, it was just another epic fail on my part.

I randomly switched weapons during a button mashing tantrum without knowing it, and just now learned how to switch weapons back and forth. Haha.

• Upvote 1

I'm playing Heart of the Swarm.

SN, how far into it are those spoilers?

I have completed the first two planets and the missions on them.

I'm playing Heart of the Swarm.

SN, how far into it are those spoilers?

I have completed the first two planets and the missions on them.

Ah I think it was before that. it's nothing huge it was on the subject of the Raynor thing we talked about before.

Having finished HotS's campaign, SN, I could tell you which guess is correct.

But I won't. :p

It is a suitably epic ending. More so than WoL's.

I have, however, discovered this gem:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sc1-episode-1-rebel-yell/

Yes, that is the original Starcraft campaigns- all of them including Brood War- remade using SC2, so updated graphics, engine, etc.

My time, it is now gone.

Speaking of the original SC campaign, once you're done, tell me if you caught this:

Samir Duran is Dr. Narud. Duran was a shapeshifter who served the Xel'Naga, Narud is a shapeshifter who serves the Xel'Naga, and to clinch it, he's not that good at aliases, considering that Narud is merely Duran spelled backwards.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Started playing Far Cry 3 this week. Gonna try knocking most of it out before Gears of War releases next week. Trying to go all stealth is absolutely worthless until you have the sniper rifle. :shifty: