Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Oblivion. Though it does show it's age a little, it's way engrossing

I just played it on PC again a while back. There are some impressive mods that really overhaul the graphics and get it looking almost as good as Skyrim. Personally, I thought some of the quests in Oblivion were way better and more involved than most of what Skyrim has to offer.

I've been trudging through Max Payne 3 on hardcore, and just beat the metroid-esque Guacamelee. Super fun game. Also been playing around with this indie city builder game called Banished. Very cool game, but there's really no goals to it other than expanding and surviving. The natural disasters are also extremely brutal. Build a city for 5 hours and get it running nice, then a tornado comes through and destroys every building and everyone starves to death >.<

Wanted to get my friend back into Diablo, so we played a bit and ran through act 3 on expert... in a 30 minute time span I found the monster hunter mage dagger, the wailing host ring, the firewalker boots, and the monk daibo that is escaping me atm. He of course, found jack. And all of them were close to perfect. You get so many drops that it almost feels cheap. Not that I'm complaining though.

Is it Steeler? I haven't even played Crusader yet, that's how crazy it is right now.

And ya, MileHigh.. You are the biggest legendary whore in existence. Haha.

Wanted to get my friend back into Diablo, so we played a bit and ran through act 3 on expert... in a 30 minute time span I found the monster hunter mage dagger, the wailing host ring, the firewalker boots, and the monk daibo that is escaping me atm. He of course, found jack. And all of them were close to perfect. You get so many drops that it almost feels cheap. Not that I'm complaining though.

Sounds like you're one of the lucky few that have no issues getting good gear from drops. I've always been one of the unlucky ones, in these types of games, that always get shit for drops. lol

Is it Steeler? I haven't even played Crusader yet, that's how crazy it is right now.

Ya I like him a lot. His skill set is just really fun to me.

I am this great place now to where I can't kill things effectively, and can't find better stuff because I can't kill things effectively.

That, and bad drops are bad.

Apparently legendary, level-specific, gear can be gotten from those "bags" that you get and open. The great thing about that is, the level difficulty doesn't play a role in what you could possibly get from opening the bags.

You can do normal difficulty and run through all the levels to get these "bags" and you have just as good of a chance to get really good legendaries from opening bags as if you were to run through it on harder difficulties and get these bags.

Was watching this one guy stream and it's what he was doing. He said he might make a video on it. His name is "Modz" or on Twitch "DatModz"

He's lvl 70 and like 350 paragon lvl lol

Just passing along...try it or don't...

Edited by BucD

Yup, but you only get certain legendary pieces and all set pieces from Torment or higher. There is a cap to the gear you can get using that method. That method should help people getting ready to run Torment or higher, but it doesn't (or shouldn't) stop you from running or farming torment eventually.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I just played it on PC again a while back. There are some impressive mods that really overhaul the graphics and get it looking almost as good as Skyrim. Personally, I thought some of the quests in Oblivion were way better and more involved than most of what Skyrim has to offer.

I've been trudging through Max Payne 3 on hardcore, and just beat the metroid-esque Guacamelee. Super fun game. Also been playing around with this indie city builder game called Banished. Very cool game, but there's really no goals to it other than expanding and surviving. The natural disasters are also extremely brutal. Build a city for 5 hours and get it running nice, then a tornado comes through and destroys every building and everyone starves to death >.<

The only reason I'd take Skyrim over Oblivion is the user created mods and content.

Graphically, Oblivion can be made to catch up to vanilla Skyrim, but Skyrim has its own set of user mods that make it look way better.

Update:

I got on Diablo to test this theory on running normal. My brother was already in the process of testing it... haha. I joined him. He finished with 35 bags, I finished with 12. I got one legendary and he got 3. Those odds are absolutely horrid, although to be fair I have been one of those "lucky" drop people since 2.0 came out.

If you are a good player and are actually capable of running torment, I would very strongly advise you to not run normal -- not for legendary drops anyway.

There are two instances in which I can think it would actually benefit though.

It seems to be good for farming Breaths... As they only drop from high level monsters, and you can just run through levels and search for those and get Breaths much faster. But that would only take so long before you have enough of them.

Another would be if you just got to the level 70 cap. Running normal would probably be a solid way of farming rare lvl 70 gear and much much faster. It would get you fully equipped for higher difficulty runs much faster and if you are lucky, you will get a couple legendary drops that will eventually be replaced anyway.

Other than that, if you are a semi-decent player, I would just suggest running a higher difficulty for more and better drops.

Edited by Favre4Ever

ikr, I have shit luck for real life things. Didn't realize getting 5 legendaries in one night was just me.

Oh yeah! Playing ice wizard with frozen orb now is soooo much fking fun.

The only reason I'd take Skyrim over Oblivion is the user created mods and content.

Graphically, Oblivion can be made to catch up to vanilla Skyrim, but Skyrim has its own set of user mods that make it look way better.

Yep no argument here. I've been playing Skyrim with the 4k texture packs and one of the RealVision ENBs. No faster way to know that you need a better video card. Looks insane though.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Before Patch 2.0 when I played with you, I was one of the very "unlucky" players. Even though the legendary drops were more common.. I just didn't get very many of them.

After 2.0 though, I have been VERY fortunate with drops. It's insane to think about, but I get way more great drops now after they have become more rare, than I did before.

GA's playing on 360, so all the mod and texture talk is kinda moot.

As for D3, what are these bags and breaths ya'll are talking about? Is that RoS only stuff?

As for D3, what are these bags and breaths ya'll are talking about? Is that RoS only stuff?

It must be, cus I have no idea.

I have an interesting theory about drops though, at least from bosses. Well, at least something that just happened to me.

I played all the way through act iv on master, got one legendary (mage fist) along the way, and diablo drop two legendaries (maximus and nutcracker) and maybe 8! rares. So I was like fuck yeah, I'll run him again. I reset the game and started right at the crystal spire, kicked diablo's ass again, and he dropped 4 crap rares and that's it. It could be drop luck karma, cus I deserve it, but I think playing through the act 'builds up' the boss drop.

Need to play more to test the theory.

I know if you reset all quests it definitely increases their drop rate for legendaries. :yep:

And yes, breaths and bags are RoS only.

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy Diablo.

Diablo's sweet. I need to buy the expansion. Currently playing LoL though

It must be, cus I have no idea.

I have an interesting theory about drops though, at least from bosses. Well, at least something that just happened to me.

I played all the way through act iv on master, got one legendary (mage fist) along the way, and diablo drop two legendaries (maximus and nutcracker) and maybe 8! rares. So I was like fuck yeah, I'll run him again. I reset the game and started right at the crystal spire, kicked diablo's ass again, and he dropped 4 crap rares and that's it. It could be drop luck karma, cus I deserve it, but I think playing through the act 'builds up' the boss drop.

Need to play more to test the theory.

The first time you fight a boss is supposed to yield the best results. I think they tweaked the drop rates so people aren't just farming bosses, and are instead playing the game.

Guest Phailadelphia

Are you D3 players playing regular mode or Hardcore?

Regular. Hardcore is only for those who are gluttons for punishment, as you only have one life to live.

Are you D3 players playing regular mode or Hardcore?

I'm playing regular right now because its my first character. Ill move up to torment later. But hardcore is for the birds, I don't wanna die and lose my character forever.

It depends how you approach hardcore... Some people play it and face real dangers, but a lot of folks choose to go through on the easiest difficulty and I find that kind of lame.. Even if dying and losing your character would suck. Not to mention you can't get the best gear and stuff on those easy difficulties. Its meh. Go normal unless your crazy. :p