Vin

The Walking Dead

Have a feeling we're gonna get Negan at the end of this season.

Watched the past 4 episodes or so, here's my thoughts

- The Beth episode was wayy too slow and tedious. The cop and doctor are interesting characters though. And I actually like Beth's character now, I hope she makes it back to the group. Would be sad if they kill her off right after they finally flesh her character out a little bit.

- Has anyone noticed that Maggie doesn't even give a crap about Beth though? Like she hasn't even said one word about her. Pretty terrible writing there. But they feel compelled to give her completely pointless lines like "I'm not rubbing dirt on anything!" in that scene right after the bus crashed. What the fuck? It's like these writers don't even watch their own show and they just don't realize they need to cover pretty important details like this. It's inexcusable.

And yeah the Glen-Maggie pillow talk convos are mind numbingly annoying. Jesus Christ.

- Abraham and Eugene are way too.. comic-booky. They're both just sooo over the top with their roles. Abraham is just the stereotypical Sgt with the "WE CANNOT RETREAT. WE MUST PUSH FORWARD. BLAH BLAH BLAH." and Eugene is just corny as hell with trying to be TOO nerdy and talking in that monotone voice. I just really don't buy it with either of those characters.

- I'm done with Tyreese. I just can't stand looking at his face. His eyes are perpetually sad and his facial expressions are so depressing, it's so fucking frustrating. Every time he's on it's the same exact sad facial expression. Please kill this sissy off. He brings nothing to the show.

- Bad choice to kill off Bob IMO. He actually brought a fresh, upbeat and different personality to the show, and him and Sasha (who's a great actress, big fan of her) had good chemistry. But instead they feel the need to carry along someone like Tyreese who's character arc is sooooo damn boring. I realize they're basing this show off the comic books but I don't care about the comics, I want a better show.

- The church scene with the Terminus people was a good one, really enjoyed that sequence. The entire storyline with Terminus was really well done

- They need to add a character like Shane. Just a bad ass that isn't afraid to challenge Rick, maybe create a bit of controversy as to who's the leader of the group and who should be calling the shot. They still haven't been able to replace the presence Shane had on the show. I think the writers thought Abraham might've been that guy, but yeah... just no. And I want season 1&2 Glen back. Kill Maggie.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

I know we're still early in the season, and there's still plenty of time to screw it up, but is this the best season of TWD so far? Even the weakest episode this season wasn't really that bad, it was just weaker than the others. I think we're at a really solid point with the cast; it's nice not rooting for certain people to die every episode now though I certainly wouldn't be upset if certain characters were knocked off.

Watched the past 4 episodes or so, here's my thoughts

- The Beth episode was wayy too slow and tedious. The cop and doctor are interesting characters though. And I actually like Beth's character now, I hope she makes it back to the group. Would be sad if they kill her off right after they finally flesh her character out a little bit.

I kinda hope Carol dies sometime in the near future. I don't really care for her character anymore, which probably guarantees that she'll be alive for two more seasons.

- Has anyone noticed that Maggie doesn't even give a crap about Beth though? Like she hasn't even said one word about her. Pretty terrible writing there. But they feel compelled to give her completely pointless lines like "I'm not rubbing dirt on anything!" in that scene right after the bus crashed. What the fuck? It's like these writers don't even watch their own show and they just don't realize they need to cover pretty important details like this. It's inexcusable.

Nobody cares about Beth, with the exception of Daryl, and that's only because she got taken when they were together.

To be fair, that Maggie line was said after Abraham had mentioned that he got hit in the nuts.

If I had to guess, I'd say one of the Maggie/Glenn pairing is going to die before the season's over with.

- Abraham and Eugene are way too.. comic-booky. They're both just sooo over the top with their roles. Abraham is just the stereotypical Sgt with the "WE CANNOT RETREAT. WE MUST PUSH FORWARD. BLAH BLAH BLAH." and Eugene is just corny as hell with trying to be TOO nerdy and talking in that monotone voice. I just really don't buy it with either of those characters.

I think you'll see a huge change in these characters now with the events of the last episode. Abraham essentially now has no purpose (which that whole arc is got damn sad. He kills the people harassing his wife and kids, which causes them to become frightened of him and then get eaten by zombies, then when he's about to kill himself Eugene shows up out of nowhere with a mission that's a lie), and Eugene no longer has to keep up the "I'm a scientist!" facade.

- I'm done with Tyreese. I just can't stand looking at his face. His eyes are perpetually sad and his facial expressions are so depressing, it's so fucking frustrating. Every time he's on it's the same exact sad facial expression. Please kill this sissy off. He brings nothing to the show.

- Bad choice to kill off Bob IMO. He actually brought a fresh, upbeat and different personality to the show, and him and Sasha (who's a great actress, big fan of her) had good chemistry. But instead they feel the need to carry along someone like Tyreese who's character arc is sooooo damn boring. I realize they're basing this show off the comic books but I don't care about the comics, I want a better show.

fLgQxaI.gif

Tyreese comic spoilers:

Tyreese is long dead by this point in the comics, so that's going to give them the freedom to do whatever they want with his TV counterpart. Honestly, I like the TV version of him better.

- They need to add a character like Shane. Just a bad ass that isn't afraid to challenge Rick, maybe create a bit of controversy as to who's the leader of the group and who should be calling the shot. They still haven't been able to replace the presence Shane had on the show. I think the writers thought Abraham might've been that guy, but yeah... just no. And I want season 1&2 Glen back. Kill Maggie.

We don't need no drama. No, no, no, no drama. (Shane was awful.)

I've actually had the opposite feelings with Carol. Used to HATE her... Especially that wasted season looking for Sophia. Oh man, I was so over Carol. But she has come around really nicely, IMO. I'd like her to stick around for a long time.

And I think Tyrese is great. He plays a part that nobody really else does at this point. Everyone has been changed by the zombie apocalypse... but most of them have gotten 'harder' and more adapt to killing doing what's necessary. Tyrese went down that path but then went the other way. Tyrese has kind of regressed in the sense that he could be a huge force. I think he understands and realize what a complete monster he could be and was very aware of the monster he was turning into without an ability to control it.. So now wants no part of that life. I think he will come back around though mentally and find that balance...

Remember at the little shack outside terminus when he gets found with Judtih? What's his name in the shack sent Tyrese outside into a horde of walkers. Tyrese survives.. fighting through all of them, bare handed. Dude is a monster, a true killing machine. He just can't control it / doesn't want to lose himself. He's kinda like Bruce Banner or Dr Jekyl one minute and The Hulk / Mr. Hyde. Love that character. One of my favorites, actually.

You answered it yourself, but pretty sure Abraham was supposed to be that competing force with Rick. They've gone head to head a couple times now, wrestling for control of the group. I thought it worked pretty nicely. He was so driven by Eugene that he was a big obstacle for Rick and the group and never really thought clearly. That should change now, though, as Vin mentioned.

Also, yes Glenn and Maggie should both die. Glenn will not be reverting to him old self if he stick around beyond Maggie's death... And Maggie is a lost cause. They need to go out Romeo and Juliet style. Maggie is getting attacked, Glenn sacrifices himself for her, she can't live without him so she lets herself get bit or something... Double suicide, fade to black.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I like this season a lot. Season 1 was great cause it was new, I loved the governor episodes+2nd half of season 3 last year. I'm really excited to see what the group does now that they have no goal. I guess the plan would just be to find a place to survive as long as possible. There's nothing else they can really do. Step 1 is to reunite though. If these 2 groups never get back together I'm gonna be :dry:. They're only like 20-30 miles or so apart I think.

Yeah, I want Tyrese to show more of that killing machine side off. I just feel like we've already been through the whole morality issue with Rick that I don't like seeing it lingering with Tyrese. I don't find that "we can't lose ourselves" issue all that interesting. He needs to man up and get over it.

Carol is one of my favorites, when you think back to how far she's come. Season 1 she had an abusive husband, finally came out of her shell when he died, then turned into a wreck once Sophie died, now she's turned into a bad ass. I like her a lot.

Edited by BradyFan81

Carol easily has the best story arc in the show to this point. You can't say you'd act any differently if it was your kid lost in zombieland. She's a gorram killing machine now.

Can't wait for tomorrow. It's definitely Noah that Daryl brings out of the trees to the church... and then Carol goes rambo into the hospital to get Beth back :rock:. :devious:

Rick is awesome. Shane tried to kill Rick multiple times. Therefore, Shane is not awesome.

I hope all this Shane love isn't because he tried to kill Rick multiple times, because we're going to have problems if it is.

Wasn't really feeling this one.

Also not really feeling the hospital war that's probably gonna go down. Seems unnecessary.

I thought it was a solid episode. I don't like how this show like perpetually shows us the same thing even if it is form different perspectives. It constantly shows us one thing, gets up to a certain point (Carol entering the hospital for example on the gurney) then an episode or two later it rewinds and shows us stuff that's already happened but we haven't seen yet to get to that point.

TWD does that stuff ALL the time, and while it's nice to know how things like that unfold, it gets really old for me.. Because instead of constantly moving forward in the story, it's like we are stuck on a treadmill.

harrison-fell.gif?w=650

This might be nitpicking but...

I don't get how Daryl and Carol followed that car without being noticed, even with their headlights off. Especially when they stop and the guy that gets out of the SUV looks behind at the walker at the vehicle with Daryl/Carol and doesn't realize that they JUST passed that part of the road and there was no vehicle there... lol

That ambulance / van scene on the bridge... Carol, " That's unstable, I am lighter and should go in". The solution is them both getting in, and them both sitting in the cab together where the vehicle is most unbalanced. Wut.

Daryl hits Carol's gun when she tries shooting Noah and says " he's just a kid ", then pretends later that he was goign to let him sit there under the bookcase and let him die. Maybe I missed something in the episode that spurned that drastic change.... But, I was really confused.

Also, I know Daryl mentioned something about "following us" but.. Was that what Noah was doing. Was he really following them? Lol.. If so, why? If not.. What a great coincidence that they met back up...

Also, yes, it seems like this 'war' with the hospital is going to be really unnecessary and will probably fall flat, IMO. There has been so little buildup that I am not sure how it actually works.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

You all don't realize this is all filler just so Negan shows up in the season finale.

It's too early for Negan though.

It's too early for Negan though.

Yeah, true. They're gonna have to do some different things at least the rest of this season.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I think Daryl pretended to not care if Noah lived or died to try and get Carrol to see that she's still human and that they can still 'save' people. He was already shooting the walker way before she called back to him. I really liked this episode, I enjoyed Carrol's flashbacks and how they tried to parallel them to how it lead up to this point. The child abuse book that Daryl picked up is really interesting. He could have it to try to be dealing with his own stuff, or trying to understand Carrol a little better, or both. It was a damn shame they didn't hook up on the bunk bed.

I agree with F4E that some of the circumstantial things in this episode were ridiculous, and not just the hospital people not noticing they were being followed. How in the hell does Daryl throw a notepad like 50 feet, after it catches on fire like it's covered in oil? lol. And the van, there's no way in hell that thing could've landed on its wheels. They do these things for the sake of the show though so I guess its understandable, but it takes something out of it for me.

The hospital fight has to happen, because the group has no other goals for this season. No one is going to Washington, and there's no other plot lines to take the show anywhere. Something big has to happen in the next two episodes to give direction to the second half of the season. I just really hope someone kills Dawn, that bitch has it coming.

• Upvote 1

Thought this episode did a better job of showing us rather than telling us via exposition than most do. The scene where they discover the walker mother and child was a good one. They talk about stuff later but the scene by itself was a good reminder of things and gave a context to the conversations later on rather than just hey lets talk.

Is it bad that I get really annoyed at the kind of details pointed out above by MHG and F4E?

I know its a zombie show/comic but......

I'm kinda excited for the looming hospital seige, if only that it seems to be the end of the one-group-of-characters-at-a-time structure, which I was done with last season. However, I agree with several of you in not being super excited.

"We're gonna storm Woodbury!"

"The Governor is storming the prison!"

"We're gonna storm Terminus!"

"The Terminus people are storming the church!"

"We're gonna storm the hospital!"

I know that there are finite ways to build suspense between human characters, but it's getting a little repetitive, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Kind of a boring episode.

I get annoyed with some of the ambiguous/corny dialogue. Like in that scene kinda near the end (right before they see Noah for the 2nd time) when Carol was saying something about how she was what she wanted to be at the farm, then that part of her got burnt away. Then at the prison, the way she was there got "burnt away" again. Then Daryl is like "..we're not ashes.."

What the fuck does that mean? Stop talking in riddles.

The scene where Daryl burns the bodies from the temporary housing place was a good one. I got that scene. Cause both Daryl+Carol sort of came from rough lives before this started. They wanted to show respect to the ppl in there by giving a proper burial.

Also why did Carol just run out of the building like an idiot in front of the car? Like seriously? Have some awareness of your surroundings. Couldn't they have just hid in the building and then jumped them, or something, and taken them hostage and forced them to get them into the hospital? What was she doing?

Overall just a really slow episode though. I'd really like to get somewhere with the plot. That entire episode really did nothing to advance the plot, except we now know Noah has met up with Daryl and Carol. THAT'S IT. Carol getting taken into the hospital is not apart of some master plan, she just got steamrolled by their car by accident. This shit is gonna take all season probly.

Or do you guys think maybe they can wrap this up next week and finally we get back up to that point where Daryl comes out of the woods at the church and tells the person behind him "okay, come out."?

What I want to happen: Carol wakes up at hospital. Immediately, 1st thought that pops into her head is they ran me over and took me here. She gets a gun and Beth, and forces her way out of there. All 4 are back at the church by the end and we can just move on.

Edited by BradyFan81

Kind of a boring episode.

I get annoyed with some of the ambiguous/corny dialogue. Like in that scene kinda near the end (right before they see Noah for the 2nd time) when Carol was saying something about how she was what she wanted to be at the farm, then that part of her got burnt away. Then at the prison, the way she was there got "burnt away" again. Then Daryl is like "..we're not ashes.."

What the fuck does that mean? Stop talking in riddles.

The scene where Daryl burns the bodies from the temporary housing place was a good one. I got that scene. Cause both Daryl+Carol sort of came from rough lives before this started. They wanted to show respect to the ppl in there by giving a proper burial.

Also why did Carol just run out of the building like an idiot in front of the car? Like seriously? Have some awareness of your surroundings. Couldn't they have just hid in the building and then jumped them, or something, and taken them hostage and forced them to get them into the hospital? What was she doing?

Overall just a really slow episode though. I'd really like to get somewhere with the plot. That entire episode really did nothing to advance the plot, except we now know Noah has met up with Daryl and Carol. THAT'S IT. Carol getting taken into the hospital is not apart of some master plan, she just got steamrolled by their car by accident. This shit is gonna take all season probly.

Or do you guys think maybe they can wrap this up next week and finally we get back up to that point where Daryl comes out of the woods at the church and tells the person behind him "okay, come out."?

What I want to happen: Carol wakes up at hospital. Immediately, 1st thought that pops into her head is they ran me over and took me here. She gets a gun and Beth, and forces her way out of there. All 4 are back at the church by the end and we can just move on.

I think thats relatively how the next episode starts. At least I hope. They go back, tell Rick what's up, and then they travel into the city to prep for the finale which will be storming the hospital. I'm betting most of this Sunday's ep is gonna be Carrol clinging to life, which is gonna be super boring.

They'll probably wait until the last 5 minutes of the episode for the hospital siege, and after all the build-up, the episode will end with some kind of stand-off.

Everyone in the world saw that coming, except Sasha. People in this show make the stupidest decisions.

So moronic... lmao. An OK episode, regardless. Best scene / moment was Abraham picking up the water bottle. And what's with the preacher man? He's annoying me.

The preacher is stupid, Sasha is stupid, Maggie is stupid. What do they all have in common? They're all gonna die next Sunday.

Eugene so obviously just became a walker, and he gon eat.

Why was Abraham being thirsty significant?

Beth is gonna be the next semi main character death.