Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Stafford shoulder really close to a 100%

Matthew Stafford tweeted Thursday that his shoulder is getting "real close to 100 percent" healthy.

Stafford met with Dr. James Andrews Wednesday, and he's "more than happy" with the progress of his rehab. He's already begun throwing with no ill effects. Stafford should be back to full health by the time offseason practices finally kick off. Source: Matthew Stafford on Twitter

Hope for lions sake he can still healthy for a full season. He missed 19 or 20 games in the past two seasons.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I think they said this last year also. I won't hold my breath until I see him finishing out a season.

I really hope he's able to survive this next season. Otherwise the Lions may have to go ahead and find a replacement. A first pick QB is only good if he's on the field to show it.

He needs to stay healthy, for his sake, or he's not going to have a job.

So far, I think he is a bust. He needs to prove himself to me.

The guy does pretty decent when he's on the field. It's just he hasn't been on it much. If they get their line improved, and establish themselves as a real solid running team, hopefully that will take some of that bum shoulder out of the equation.

I actually think moving forward, Stafford's best chance of staying healthy not just next year, but moving forward would be to improve his pocket awareness skills. They are really lacking and have cost him some unnecessary shots.

That, and the running game.

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said that he has been getting good reports on Matthew Stafford's right (throwing) shoulder.

Mayhew and the Lions can't have any direct contact with Stafford, but they are presumably keeping tabs on their franchise quarterback. The former No. 1 overall pick looked strong while throwing in a halftime even at Georgia's spring a couple weeks back and everyone is confident he'll be ready for camp. After undergoing surgery, Stafford's shoulder will be less likely to pop out. Source: Associated Press

glass shoulders never heal. The poor kid is going to have a trainwreck of a career if the Lions don't solidify their offensive line.

Shoulder injuries have major lingering affects. I've dislocated mine twice, but I can't even throw a football thirty yards anymore. Imagine what this kid has gone through to get his back in shape.