Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

DeSean Jackson thinks DeSean Jackson is the best WR/PR in the NFL

What do you exactly mean when you say "having fun with them"? If you're implying that he's not being serious, you're wrong. DeSean Jackson truly believes DeSean Jackson is the best wide receiver.

And for b) "I don't know how serious of a claim it was anyway."...don't kid yourself.

Yeah, but every NFL player on the cusp of the top 10 of his position believes that next season is the season he is the top dog. If he, or any other "almost elite" player doesn't believe that, I honestly don't want them. Does a reality check do anyone any good in that situation? You don't just get to the top 10 and say "well, here's my ceiling." By "having fun" with the reporter, I mean he gave the short answer, himself, over the politically correct answer of Andre or Fitz or something, which everyone here apparently wanted him to answer really badly.

It's obviously obvious that he doesn't really care that people hate on him for his style, because it's who he is. These are people on the field, not robots. That's another thing I really love about him. You guys all talk shit and he just goes about doing what he does and has fun with it. He didn't say "best in 2010," he didn't say "best in 2009," he just said he thinks he's the best, which I'm assuming means that he has a big year in his plans.

As for the over the middle quote... we don't really know what happened in DeSean's head, the locker room confrontation, or Reid's office, and he did not solely run go routes for the next 7 weeks of the season. So the conclusion I came up with was that the point was moot, no matter how much I would want to say he was 100% for real if I were a fan of the Cowboys. I think after his concussion, Reid just changed the playbook a little to keep him away from linebackers, which is not a bad idea at all. It's not like Reid uses the short middle of the field in his passing offense anyway, besides for screens.

Honestly, I'm just over people getting sooo offended at flashy and loud players. It's just a football game and sports media reeks of douche. I really miss the days of the end zone celebration. Steve Smith (CAR) just isn't the same to watch.

Yeah, but every NFL player on the cusp of the top 10 of his position believes that next season is the season he is the top dog. If he, or any other "almost elite" player doesn't believe that, I honestly don't want them. Does a reality check do anyone any good in that situation? You don't just get to the top 10 and say "well, here's my ceiling." By "having fun" with the reporter, I mean he gave the short answer, himself, over the politically correct answer of Andre or Fitz or something, which everyone here apparently wanted him to answer really badly.

It's obviously obvious that he doesn't really care that people hate on him for his style, because it's who he is. These are people on the field, not robots. That's another thing I really love about him. You guys all talk shit and he just goes about doing what he does and has fun with it. He didn't say "best in 2010," he didn't say "best in 2009," he just said he thinks he's the best, which I'm assuming means that he has a big year in his plans.

As for the over the middle quote... we don't really know what happened in DeSean's head, the locker room confrontation, or Reid's office, and he did not solely run go routes for the next 7 weeks of the season. So the conclusion I came up with was that the point was moot, no matter how much I would want to say he was 100% for real if I were a fan of the Cowboys. I think after his concussion, Reid just changed the playbook a little to keep him away from linebackers, which is not a bad idea at all. It's not like Reid uses the short middle of the field in his passing offense anyway, besides for screens.

Not believing that you're the best at your position does not mean you are saying "well, here's my ceiling."

And you're right on one thing...He goes about life the way he wants to and doesn't care what people think. But then you shouldn't get defensive when fans label him as a cocky douchebag as a result of that.

Westbrookforsix, your homer is showing.

It always does, which is why I shouldn't even bother arguing. What the hell though, forums are for that purpose. And when I saw his post, I HAD to reply because it was ridiculous.

Not believing that you're the best at your position does not mean you are saying "well, here's my ceiling."

And you're right on one thing...He goes about life the way he wants to and doesn't care what people think. But then you shouldn't get defensive when fans label him as a cocky douchebag as a result of that.

It always does, which is why I shouldn't even bother arguing. What the hell though, forums are for that purpose. And when I saw his post, I HAD to reply because it was ridiculous.

I'm not really on the defensive. My comments were mostly toward Stevo that he doesn't even want him on the team, which is pretty out there..

When he does a dance and the shoutbox gets 15 "SOMEBODY PLEASE INJURE THIS DOUCHE" comments, I really just laugh. The NFL has gotten so serious since 1) Goodell made dancing illegal and 2) T.O. made every fan terrified that their team might pick up any selfish player. The media isn't helping any by adding 24/7 offseason coverage and finding anything and everything to talk about. You guys can obviously think what you want, and I'll keep laughing at your silly hate... I'm just trying to add some desperately needed perspective.

And you shouldn't bother arguing because all I do is win. Sorry I don't hate my own team as much as you guys do, I like what the Eagles are doing recently (you didn't know me a few years back). I actually love this interview. If he does want to be the best, this is the point in his career where he needs to make that kind of statement. He took the target and put it right on his back, and now he has to go to work. This quote is going to come up on some sports show at the end of the season and people are either going to say DeSean is one of the best in the league, or he's just really good.

Edited by westbrookforsix

I think it's overstated how much of a Diva Jackson is. Is he a showboater, sure, but he's never been a problem in the locker room that anyone outside of the locker room know's about and he's never been in legal trouble. Jackson is not a trouble maker imo. Unless of course you talk to opposing DC's haha.

Honestly, I'm just over people getting sooo offended at flashy and loud players. It's just a football game and sports media reeks of douche. I really miss the days of the end zone celebration. Steve Smith (CAR) just isn't the same to watch.

I can definitely agree with you on this. But that does not justify defending DeSean being DeSean. :p

I can definitely agree with you on this. But that does not justify defending DeSean being DeSean. :p

So truth is... YOU'RE the homer who will just hate him no matter what he does because he's an Eagle. I see it now. :p

I'm not really on the defensive. My comments were mostly toward Stevo that he doesn't even want him on the team, which is pretty out there..

When he does a dance and the shoutbox gets 15 "SOMEBODY PLEASE INJURE THIS DOUCHE" comments, I really just laugh. The NFL has gotten so serious since 1) Goodell made dancing illegal and 2) T.O. made every fan terrified that their team might pick up any selfish player. The media isn't helping any by adding 24/7 offseason coverage and finding anything and everything to talk about. You guys can obviously think what you want, and I'll keep laughing at your silly hate... I'm just trying to add some desperately needed perspective.

And you shouldn't bother arguing because all I do is win. Sorry I don't hate my own team as much as you guys do, I like what the Eagles are doing recently (you didn't know me a few years back). I actually love this interview. If he does want to be the best, this is the point in his career where he needs to make that kind of statement. He took the target and put it right on his back, and now he has to go to work. This quote is going to come up on some sports show at the end of the season and people are either going to say DeSean is one of the best in the league, or he's just really good.

First off, I'm fine with D-Jax, Steve Smith, or any other receiver doing celebrations. What makes him a douchebag is the showboating before he makes it to the endzone. For example:

Here:

And here:

one more, I promise:

alright, last one:

I agree with you that wanting him off the team is going too far, but don't ignore that this guy is the biggest assclown in football right now.

Edited by Maverick

Depends on your definition of an assclown. I think the people that want him to be injured because he celebrates too early are much, much, much bigger assclowns. You only get a short time to be in the NFL, he's just having fun and making himself some memories. That's the way he has fun... as long as he keeps working hard in the offseason the way he does, doesn't start acting like T.O. post 2004, and doesn't fall short of the goal line ever again.... I don't have a problem.

Depends on your definition of an assclown. I think the people that want him to be injured because he celebrates too early are much, much, much bigger assclowns. You only get a short time to be in the NFL, he's just having fun and making himself some memories. That's the way he has fun... as long as he keeps working hard in the offseason the way he does, doesn't start acting like T.O. post 2004, and doesn't fall short of the goal line ever again.... I don't have a problem.

Pretty much this. The guy is a huge asset on the field, do I care for the celebrations? No, but Jackson is far from being another diva WR. I've never once heard him complain about teammates or lack of attention from his QB. I've never heard him throw his coaches under the bus or the ownership and as far as I'm concerned Jackson has been really good about still playing with his rookie deal (he wasn't even a first rounder so it's not like he's getting paid a lot) despite being such an important piece to our offense and despite being one of the best players we have.

Pretty much this. The guy is a huge asset on the field, do I care for the celebrations? No, but Jackson is far from being another diva WR. I've never once heard him complain about teammates or lack of attention from his QB. I've never heard him throw his coaches under the bus or the ownership and as far as I'm concerned Jackson has been really good about still playing with his rookie deal (he wasn't even a first rounder so it's not like he's getting paid a lot) despite being such an important piece to our offense and despite being one of the best players we have.

For the sake of objectivity... he did call out Morninwheg in public once after MM apparently said something along the lines that DJ was faking an injury during a game. But... DJ didn't say anything public about it until the season was well over (if I remember correctly).

You don't hear a lot about it because it wasn't a big deal, and both sides were definitely in the wrong.