Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Matt Leinart looking for a starting gig

Matt Leinart is ready for a rise in what he said has been a "roller coaster" of a career. The quarterback -- who is a free agent and will be on the market after the lockout ends -- reiterated that he is in search of a starting job. "Houston helped me get my confidence back, being around great coaches and a great team," Leinart said, via the Daily Trojan. "It has jump-started me this offseason. "I am not going to give up. I am not going to say it has been unfair, but I am just hoping for the opportunity to come." The 10th overall pick in 2006, he fell out of favor in Arizona, which ultimately gave up on him in a season when they had no established QB. Many teams will be hunting for a QB after the lockout -- including his former USC coach Pete Carroll in Seattle, but Leinart, with just one start since 2007, will have to prove he deserves a shot to be a No. 1 option.

Source: USAToday

lmao. Good luck with that, Matt.

If you can't start for a team that is in DESPERATE need for a QB...then you're not going to get a starting gig anywhere else :rofl:

is he talking NFL? because he might be able to get a starting spot in the UFL

I would think his best shot would be in Seattle. I'm sure he knows that offense pretty well.

He can come back-up Cassel.

Oh the irony.

I'm sure he can lead the AFL in 200 yard games. ;)

Honestly, I hope he stays in Houston and backs up Schaub. I'm not the biggest believer in Orlovsky, and if he can't beat him out for the 2nd string job in training camp, then he doesn't belong in the NFL.