Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

DeMarcus Ware Gives Lockout Fund Money To Less Fortunate Players

The NFLPA will begin issuing payments from the "lockout fund" to eligible players on Friday. Players who spent 34 weeks on a 53-man roster between the 2009 and 2010 regular seasons are eligible to receive $60,000, which will be spread out over six installments or until the lockout ends. Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware is eligible to receive $60,000 from the lockout fund, but will have his payments given to players less fortunate than he is, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. "We have $60,000 that is supposed to be paid to us," Ware said. "I gave my money back to help out other guys that don't have as much money. That is going to help out and bring us closer to together." The 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year signed a $79 million contract extension in October of 2009 that included nearly $40 million in guaranteed money.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Very generous and classy. D-Ware's got my respect.

• Upvote 1

Gotta love Ware he is a beast on the field but one of the soundest and kindest guys off it. He should be the face of the NFL not the likes of Vick

• Upvote 2

Guest Durant4MVP

Ware is the shit.

But, that article is wrong...he didn't win DPOY in 08. Harrison got it somehow over Ware's 20 sacks.

It's nice to hear something positive about these athletes for once. Unfortunately this isn't the kind of thing that gets a lot of publicity, but the things that a few assholes do like stealing jewlery, running dog fighting operations and shooting themselves in the leg get all the attention. Props to DWare. He might have a star on his helmet but I have a lot of respect for Ware.

It's nice to hear something positive about these athletes for once. Unfortunately this isn't the kind of thing that gets a lot of publicity, but the things that a few assholes do like stealing jewlery, running dog fighting operations and shooting themselves in the leg get all the attention. Props to DWare. He might have a star on his helmet but I have a lot of respect for Ware.

What that guy said. Class move, DWare. :clap:

It's good to see the humble players in the spotlight doing selfless deeds.

An animal on the football field and a great guy off it.

I respect DeMarcus Ware more for what he does off the field than what he does on the field...and that's saying something.

Very classy Ware. :thumbup: