Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Bengals targeting WR in 1st round, QB in 2nd

Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that the Bengals want to pick a receiver in the first round, and then take a quarterback in the second. Lombardi goes on the write that it would not shock him that, even if Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green was off the board when Cincinnati was on the clock, the Bengals would stick with their plan and select Alabama's Julio Jones fourth overall. The Bengals designate specific positions for each round, and their first round is being used for a wide receiver.

Source: NFL.com

Well, looks like AJ Green will be a Bengal.

The Bengals designate specific positions for each round, and their first round is being used for a wide receiver.

That's the most retarded draft strategy I've ever heard. No wonder they suck every year.

Edited by BradyFan81

That's the most retarded draft strategy I've ever heard. No wonder they suck every year.

That's Mike Brown for you.

Why don't they just draft Austin Pettis in the second round and try pick up a nasty defensive player in the first? That would seem most logical, and productive.

Works beautifully in Madden though. :p

It's hard for me to take rumors like this seriously. Teams give out false information all the time around the draft.