Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Janoris Jenkins kicked out of Florida

Per Rotoworld.com:

Florida CB Janoris Jenkins has been kicked off the Gators' football team after a third marijuana-related arrest in college.

We had Jenkins in the Rotoworld system because there were winter reports he'd enter the 2011 draft. He was projected as a second-round pick "at worst," and may have been the fourth cornerback off the board behind Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, and Jimmy Smith. Now kicked off the UF squad, Jenkins could either play at D-IAA as a senior or enter the 2011 supplemental draft. Apr 26, 1:41 PM

Source: Will Muschamp on Twitter

Whoa, interesting. If he enters the supplemental draft I bet at least one team would burn a 2nd round pick on him.

Oh, you smoked pot? Go to the NFL.

Oh, you smoked pot? Go to the NFL.

It's workin' out for Percy Harvin.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Former Florida CB Janoris Jenkins is "seriously" considering transferring to a D-IAA program for the 2011 season, according to Len Pasquarelli of the Sports Xchange.

There had been speculation that Jenkins would declare for the supplemental draft or sue the NFL to become a free agent. While those are still possibilities, it now looks like Jenkins is leaning toward "rehabilitating his image" at a lower-division program. NFLDraftScout.com ranks Jenkins as the No. 3 senior cornerback for the 2012 draft. May 8, 1:56 PM

Source: The Sports Xchange

If I were Jenkins, I would try to go to the NFL in the supplemental draft. I don't think he will be near as desired come this time next year going to play D-IAA ball.

Least that's how I would see it playing out.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Former Florida CB Janoris Jenkins has decided against declaring for this summer's supplemental draft.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus sold Terrelle Pryor hard Tuesday as a potential first-round supplemental pick, but it's likely that Jenkins would have been the higher valued of the two had he declared for the draft. Jenkins will instead play for D-2's North Alabama, a hotbed for D-1 transfers not willing to sit out a season. Jenkins has a chance to off the board in the first round of the 2012 draft. Jun 14, 9:25 PM

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter

Florida and so many SEC teams have such trashy programs. When a Big Ten team has a player arrested it's a huge deal. Down south it seems like it happens every day.

Florida and so many SEC teams have such trashy programs. When a Big Ten team has a player arrested it's a huge deal. Down south it seems like it happens every day.

I don't know how to decifer this post. Do you think the SEC has more juvenile athletes?

Just because there are more media reports of it.. doesn't mean that it's more of a common thing in the South. And even if so, all it means is that the SEC players are the ones getting caught. All teams have hoodlems in pads, including Big Ten. If not, howelse would Penn(itentiary) State get its nickname?

I don't know how to decifer this post. Do you think the SEC has more juvenile athletes?

Just because there are more media reports of it.. doesn't mean that it's more of a common thing in the South. And even if so, all it means is that the SEC players are the ones getting caught. All teams have hoodlems in pads, including Big Ten. If not, howelse would Penn(itentiary) State get its nickname?

Obviously all teams have bad eggs. All I was saying was that it seems like a lot more are in the south. And it's a very weak defense to say that there are just as many in the north, that they just aren't getting caught. I don't know how you could ever back that up.

Let's be honest here, I'd rather have a player that smoked weed on my football team as supposed to someone that abuses people, has killed someone, or has been caught with guns.

I'm just saying; the NFL has far worse players already in the league, marijuana isn't that big of a deal.

It's not that he smokes weed. It's the fact that he's been arrested for it 3 fucking times. Dude is obviously an idiot. You knooooooow Ricky Williams and a shit load of other athletes smoked weed but they just weren't dumb enough to get arrested for it. 3 times is a lot man. I know he's talented but at this point I think it'd be best for him to go to a small school and try to get his reputation together.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Former Florida CB Janoris Jenkins has officially signed with North Alabama.

Jenkins decided against declaring for this summer's supplemental draft and will now be able to play immediately at the D-II institution. There's a good chance the talented Jenkins winds up as a first round pick in the 2012 draft. Jun 22, 8:46 PM

Source: Matt Hayes on Twitter