Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Backstabbing and Betrayal, Let's Play Diplomacy

Oh and something I want to point, since I don't think I mentioned it. St. Petersburg, Spain, and Bulgaria both have two different coasts you can land you, If you have a fleet in those areas, and the coast you can land on is somewhat ambiguous, just let me know which coast you'd prefer. Matthew didn't specify which coast of Spain he wanted, so I just moved him to the Northern one, as it's the default move. Both coasts would have been fine to move to in this case.

RZB, do you need a replacement or something?

Alright, I asked a neutral advisor, (MOTM) to give the retreat order. I imagine RZB is still having trouble with his power, so I figure it's the best alternative, instead of disbanding him and ruining the game for him because of weather issues.

SummerRetreats1902.jpg

Austria pulls their forces north towards the sparsely inhabited Galicia, Hoping to find mercy between Russian territory, instead of being picked apart by three nations in their own home centre. In France, his armies pull even further behind enemy lines, hoping to strike at Germany's back door... or perhaps they want to get at Austria as well.

With those retreats in, the board looks like this for the Fall of 1902:

Fall1902.jpg

Orders are due by May 6th at 3 AM Eastern (12 hour extension is still viable if you need it, and even if you don't I probably won't churn out an update until morning anyway). If I hear nothing of RZB in this time span (hopefully he gets power back and continuously running) I'll see if motm wants to replace him for the rest of the game or not.

If MOTMW chooses not to I will step in

Edited by Rodgers2Driver

No.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hahaha, I thought you all would love Bangy playing. hahaha.

MOTM/Bangy can take over. My internet has been very spontaneous and I don't want to ruin the game with random attendance. Sorry guys, maybe next time.

sorry to hear that RZB. Well then, I'll figure out who stands as Austria's new ruler.

Like I said as you went to MOTMW first then he should get first shot at it. However if he chooses not to I will it will ad a bit of friendly hate to the game xD

• Downvote 1

Remember to get your orders in by the deadline. Bangy will be taking over Austria.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You suck france!

Also you suck too Germany, get your orders in, you have just under 12 hours before the hard deadline.

Why?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Negging bastard... :p

WHERE'S BARRACUDA

I don't know... alright, I'll crank out an update later today.

My sincere apologies fellas. I meant to turn them in last night and it just slipped my mind.

Alright, Gonna start on the update now, sorry for the delay.

Fall 1902: Hold the Line

The winds cooled down, as Europe in general moved to a more defensive state of mind, only taking the territories it could, defending what it had already gained, preparing for a long struggle. One country who looked out of the picture early was Austria, being ganged up on by the Russians and Turks to the East, and in constant conflict with the Italians to the West. The war got so bad that the Archduke RZB had to step down. He was promptly replaced by a former Brit, one Salvadore Bangy. Would he be able to reclaim their lost land and drive back their oppressors?

AustriaFall1902.jpg

Making a daring move move to reclaim their capital of Vienna, They swarm from both Tyrolia and Galicia to claim their capital. Italy's army in Vienna is isolated not only from it's own forces but potential allies as well, as Austria reclaims their lost territory. Lastly, they hold in Greece, not wanting to give up their lone supply centre off the Ionian.

ItalyFall1902.jpg

The President has his forces continue to single-mindedly attack Austria, completely ignoring his western flank for the rich supply centers in the Balkans. He holds desperately in Vienna, knowing that a coordinated attack will topple him, and he sends his armies marching Northeast into Venice and Tripoli. Lastly he attempts to claim Greece as his own, sending his fleets towards the verdant lands there. He'll need support to topple it though, perhaps he'll get some from the Sultan of Turkey?

TurkeyFall1902.jpg

No! The Sultan has his own plans for Turkey, sending his fleets into a menage a trois in Greece. Austria managed to successfully hold off both attacks, regaining part of what was lost earlier. Other than that move, Sean played it pretty defensively, holding in the Black Sea and in Bulgaria. He brings his Syrian army up to Armenia, in great position to attack Russia. Though his attempt into Greece failed, he holds strong defensive position, and can act as Kingmaker in the long fought Austria-Italian war. What will Russia do about his neighbours in the south?

RussiaFall1902.jpg

He chooses to play defense instead, decide that the new supply centers he held in Sweden and Rumania were to vital to lose, he holds in Sweden, Warsaw, and Rumania, and even provides support from Sevastopol to make double sure his country wasn't lost. He must have anticipated a strike from Turkey, but it never came. Russia is slowly creeping it's way into the Western front, and on it's border are Germany and England.

EnglandFall1902.jpg

Speaking of England, they attempt to make landfall this turn, convoying their army in Wales to the shores of Picardy. Germany would need to let this landfall happen, as their armies currently sit in Picardy at the moment. Lastly, he strikes out at the Northern Sea, instead of holding at his new supply centre in Norway. Sometimes you wonder what England does to the mind of a king. How will his friend Germany respond?

GermanyFall1902.jpg

The Kaiser does in fact make accommodations for the King of England, he holds in the Northern Sea, forcing his cousin back to Norway. He sees the threat the French in Silesia pose and sends his army in Kiev back to Berlin to protect it. He does attempt to open up Picardy as he makes a claim on Brest. Lastly to remove all trace of French in his lands, he combines his forces from Munich and Belgium to strike at Burgundy. The Kaiser is doing all he can to keep France off his back.

FranceFall1902.jpg

Likewise, the Prime Minister wants nothing to do but get Germany away from their rightful territory, marching his armies in Paris and Burgundy towards Brest and Paris respectively. He holds in Spain, claiming that supply center for himself, and of course, he attempts to attack the prone Berlin. It fails of course, but Germany has the manpower to protect against the French threat.

All in All, the Orders look like this:

Fall1902Orders.jpg

And when those orders are resolved you get:

Fall1902Retreat.jpg

Italy, you can retreat to either Bohemia or Budapest

France, you can either retreat to Marseilles, Gascony, or Ruhr

Get your retreat orders in AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. 24 hours soft limit.

inbeforeittakes23hourstogettheretreatordersin

Alright. The Prime Minister of France returned his unit back to his home center of Marseilles, and even when Arch Duke Bangy makes a great defensive move, it still fails, as Zack retreated into the empty city of Budapest, stealing his supply centre.

Winter1902.jpg

We are now in the Build Disband Phase of the second year

Austria: 1 Disband :(

England: 1 Build :)

France: No Builds or Disbands :unsure:

Germany: 1 Build :biggrin:

Italy: 1 Build :party:

Russia: 2 Builds :corn:

Turkey: No Builds or Disbands :wtf:

Please get those builds and disbands into me ASAP.

And here is the Influence map, which countries we're controlled by which power last.

1903Influence.jpg

Diplomacy Power Rankings heading into 1903!

1. Russia 6 SC's

Slowly, you've gained power. Getting up to 6 supply centers, you have not only numbers but position as well. Being able to successfully hold of Turkey in Sevastopol is huge, and with Germany so occupied with France, and Austria so occupied with Italy, the west is slowly opening up to russian influence. Be careful not to put too big of a target on your chest, and work with your smaller and overrun allies against your stronger rivals. You don't have enough to take over the stronger powers yet, but if they keeep ignoring you, it might not be an issue.

2. Germany 6 SC's

You've done a great job in bouncing France from your territories, and with England working with you, you have a lot going for you. Strong armies can help you bounce your greatest rivals to the south and east while keeping France off your back. It may be in your best interest however, to make sure your buddy England lands on the northern coast. If there is a coordinated assault against you from France and someone else, you'll be on the ropes, but if you see it coming... well they'll be the ones running scared.

3. Italy 5 SC's

While you still haven't made a move for the supply center in Tunisia, your foothold into Austrian territory is great, and it'll take a coordinated assault to kick you out of your position. The Balkans may fall right into your hands if you play it right, and if you remain ignored by France and Germany's struggle.

4. Turkey 4 SC's

You've got great defensive position right now, and while you don't have a build this turn, no one is getting into your territory easily. If you make the proper moves you can get the good territories in the Balkans, depending on disbands and your relations with the stronger powers around you. Play them right, and Greece and Serbia could land in your lap.

5. France 4 SC's

You're not in terrible position, but if England keeps supporting Germany, you will lose in that front. You need support from someone to keep Germany off your back, but the good news is you can hit them from two flanks. Just don't get too occupied with one enemy or you will be forced into a corner. You've got supply centres untouched in the southwestern part of the map, so you may need to focus claiming those before charging Germany again.

6. England 4 SC's

While you still haven't been able to get an army onto the Mainland, you do have the supply center in Norway now, and that build can help you fortify a spot in the northern coast. Be careful with who you consider your allies, and you can make those nice supply centers on the coast all yours.

7. Austria 2 SC's

Sorry Bangy, you inherited a pretty rough situation. Beg for mercy from either Italy, Russia or Turkey and make yourself useful to one of those countries. Your road to victory is difficult, but if you can start with your getting your home centers back you'll make your first step to recovery. Choose where you disband carefully, and hopefully you can find a country in need of your support.

Son of a bitch ok disband and orders are in