Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Backstabbing and Betrayal, Let's Play Diplomacy

Here's a better map, in case my paint skills made territories hard to read.

Fall1901-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

So I have 6 people to move? What are my new people; army or fleet?

You still have the 3 units on the map. Until we hit the Build and disband period next turn, you only move the 3 units you see on the map right now. In your case, the ones in Tyrolia, Albania, and Rumania.

Feel free to bring discussion as well into this topic. How you feel about players moves and such.

13 hours and 30 minutes to go, I hope talks are going well for you guys.

I'm going to bed, make sure you get the orders in before the deadline.

I still need orders from one player, and clarifications/revisions on a few others.

Well, you guys have 5 minutes to revise anything, I'm gonna start working on this update soon.

The fall of this year saw the world shift on it's axis. Italy found itself threatened by forces in both France and Austria, Germany began claiming the fertile lands in the northern coast, and Russia saw Turkey attempt to move in and eat at it's southern flank. However, we begin our report in the British isles, where King Trident of the Bangies attempts to make his claim on the mainland.

EnglandFall1901.jpg

Trident's army continues its migration south, heading towards Wales. With his fleet attempting to claim the English Channel as his own, he puts his army in position to be convoyed to the main land in the spring of 1902. That is if the French have nothing to say about England's advance. Trident also puts his fleet in Edinburgh into the Norwegian Sea, putting him in position to claim the Scandinavian Country of Norway.

FranceFall1901.jpg

France seems alright with letting England claim the Channel, focusing instead on the Mid Atlantic Ocean. Taking his fleet out of Brest, he moves it into position to settle anywhere on the French / Spanish coast of Europe. Deciding that the Italian vanguard may be too much of a threat, Prime Minister Matthias pulls out of Piedmont and back into Marseilles, waiting for reinforcements in the next year. The Prime Minister's move wasn't entirely defensive, as Germany seemed to be getting too big for it's britches, he struck hard in Munich, sending his armies from Burgundy eastward. Would either Austria or Germany let Munich go untouched?

GermanyFall1901.jpg

The Kaiser Barracuda did not show concern for his southern flank, instead focusing on the rich land in both Holland and Belgium, taking in their fine wooden shoes, windmills, and chocolate. Their fleet also holds in Denmark, ensuring that this supply centre would belong to them over the fall. Perhaps Austria would bounce their army in Munich saving Germany from France's attack.

AustriaFall1901.jpg

No, they would not. While Munich appeared open for the taking, Austria instead moved down to attack Italy, who had a very fortified position. They slide their fleets in Albania to Greece, hoping to settle the supply centre there for themselves, and they hold in Rumania, not willing to anger either Turkey or Russia. I wonder how Italy feels about this attack from Austria, however futile it might be. The Archduke must be playing it safe right now.

ItalyFall1901.jpg

The President of Italy, Zack of Steel seems to have made a deal with the Archduke RZB. Instead of ordering a full assault on Austria, the president instead decide to leave Greece alone with his fleet in the Ionian Sea, granting Austria the supply centre unimpeded. In turn, Zack sends his army in Venice into Tripoli, claiming that supply centre, and having his army in Tuscany bounce the attackers from Tyrolia. This move gains the President a single supply centre, while Austria gains a single supply centre from their moves in the year. Perhaps the Sultan would strike at either Greece or Serbia with his army in Bulgaria?

TurkeyFall1901.jpg

The Sultan seems to have got drunk on wine and forgot how to support properly. His army in Armenia strikes at Sevastopol, but his army in Syria thought they would hold position in Armenia, leading to massive confusing in the Turkish ranks. So much confusion that the Turkish army in Bulgaria holds position there, and Turkey ends their fall exactly where it began.

RussiaFall1901.jpg

The honorable Czar of Russia sees a threat in the south and immediately rushes all of his units there. He holds in Sevastopol, repelling the Turkish invasion. He also brings his armies southeast into Moscow and the Ukraine. Lastly he settles his ship in the Gulf of Botnia. Vin is preparing himself for a massive attack on the countries to the south.

All in All, the orders look like:

Fall1901Orders.jpg

And when these moves are resolved we have:

Winter1901-1902.jpg

Alright, this is the Build and Disband phase. In this phase, you have a certain number of builds you can make or disbands depending on whether you lost supply centres or not. I'll tell how many builds you can make, or disbands you have to make, and you get these orders to me as soon as possible. You can only build in your home supply centres, so choose carefully. Naturally, you can't build a fleet inland, and you don't have to make your builds if you don't want to... but it's highly recommended that you do.

Austria: 1 Build

England: No Builds or Disbands

France: 1 Build

Germany: 2 Builds

Italy: 1 Build

Russia: No Builds or Disbands

Turkey: 1 Build

Choose carefully. You can post these in the topics or send them to me via PM, doesn't matter in this case. Oh and another note, you can take Supply Centres with Fleets.

Bump.

I've got Builds from Germany, and that's it. I'm introducing a 24 hour soft limit. If you don't respond by then, you get no builds.

Still think I should get my move with the fleet, seeing as you weren't clear about fleets capturing supply centers and you responded to my PM after the deadline. >_>

I thought I explained that, and I responded before the deadline.

Still waiting on builds from everyone else...

It's not that hard. Germany's home cetnres were Kiev, Berlin and Munich. Munich has been taken over over and he had two builds so he built two armies in Kiev and Berlin. Easy. Post them in here if you want. Just get them in.

Slowing the game down, FTL

well, hopefully here are some incentives to hurry up, first, Turkey surrendered, so his units will all hold in position until he is over run. I'll disband his units if they are dislodged. Second, Diplomacy Power rankings?!

1. Germany, 5 SC's

Has great position against France and England, and with Russia more concerned with it's southern flank, the loss of Munich can be easily corrected by the Kaiser's own power. Just be carefully not to get too big for your britches.

2. Italy, 4 SC's

You have great defensive position against Austria, and with a foothold in the Ionian and Austria territory, you can dictate which supply centers you want for yourself this next turn. As long as you don't give up the Ionian, your country won't get overrun easily.

3. Russia, 4 SC's

You didn't get any builds this round, so it's more that other countries got on your level. With the Sultan's unexpected "assassination", you're the one in good position to take his territories from the Black sea, since Austria has to go through the road block in Bulgaria first, while dealing with Italy.

4. France, 4 SC's

Germany and Italy are too strong for you to take on right now, and England is threatening your coastline. Focus on building up your resources and taking some temporary alliances to help you get a foothold in some supply centres, since Germany and Italy are starting to stonewall your expansion. You're not in a bad position, but you need to know where your neighbours stand.

5. Austria, 4 SC's

You're spread pretty thin, Italy has you on the ropes with his invasion of your home supply center, you've got a roadblock to Turkey's prone supply centers, with his army in Bulgaria blocking the way. Choose your build wisely, Arch duke.

6. England 3 SC's

Well you're finally off the isle, if you can start getting a foothold in the mainland, you can start becoming a real spanner in the works between the French-German Struggle. Play your cards right and you'll be the winner of their conflict. Diplomacy is the key, my friend.

7. Turkey, 4 SC's

You gave up. Come on, man.

Can I still jump in? I'll gladly take Turkey :D

Of course, we'd be glad to have you. You know how to put in orders, and stuff, right? You have a build order due as well, if you want to play.

I'll be the King of Spain btw idk. I'll have my orders in soon.

Sean, Zack, RZB, you have 3 and a half hours, or you don't get your builds.

King of Spain, Shaun?

You can't, you're Turkey.

Spain is my territory, bitch.

30 minutes, RZB. get on here and tell me where you want an army, or you don't get one.

Alright, time ran out. The Archduke seems to have been stuck on the can and forgot to order a build.

Spring1902.jpg

The Kaiser ordered his ground attack to be as deadly as possible, no doubt to claim the city of Munich that he lost to the French. The Prime Minister Matthias ordered an Army to be built in Paris, seeming to ignore the enemy north instead to focus on Germany to the East. As we already discerned, the Austrian Archduke forgot what armies were and decided not to do anything about Italy to the West, or the Turkish invasion of the Balkans in the South. Lastly, the Sultan was drawn and quartered for Treason, and replace by a new Sultan named Sean Brock. If he won this war, he promised marijuana to all the Turkish soldiers. He was the only ruler to expand his Navy, bringing a fleet into Smyrna.

1902Influence.jpg

This is how the Country of Europe feels about the warring powers right now. Leaders of Europe, there is a 36 hour soft time limit in effect, and a 48 hour hard time limit. This basically means I'd like you to have your orders in by May 3rd at 9:00 AM Eastern, but I'll be lenient if you ask for the 12 hour extension. Anything after that time limit will not be allowed, so make sure to get your orders in. For the last time, both Fleets and Armies can claim Supply Centers.

ORDERS ARE DUE BY MAY 3RD at 9:00 AM EASTERN

Sorry guys for not answering last time. Power went out from all this horrible weather.

It's alright. You're at a bit of disadvantage since you lost your build, so make sure you get these orders in on time or it just gets worse.

Ok, I've got orders in from everybody, I'll start working on the update.

Edited by RazorStar

A new year rises over the horizon in Europe. The hands of power have changed in Turkey, Austria discovered the power of electricity and the arch duke made a stunning return from the bathroom he was trapped in. Let's start our report in the east, where the Sultan of Swing, Sean Brock has adopted an aggressive foreign policy.

TurkeySpring1902.jpg

Charging out from Armenia and Smyrma, his fleets make a claim on the vital Black and Aegean Seas, his army attempts to grab Serbia from Bulgaria, and his army in Syria holds in case something goes wrong, in order to provide reinforcements to a faltering front. Sean is letting the other powers know that Turkey will not remain an isolated power in this power struggle.

AustriaSpring1902.jpg

Austria cannot be a fan of this move, already hindered by Italy's attacks to the west, Turkey is making it hard for them to do anything. Their armies clash in Serbia, neither country gaining the vital lands there. His isolated army in Tyrolia attempts to retreat back towards Tripoli, and his fleet in Greece strikes out at the Ionian Sea. Of course, Italy won't like these attempts on their newly claimed territories, but let's take a look at what the Czar Vin is doing first.

RussiaSpring1902.jpg

In the north, Vin finally takes position in Sweden, claiming the Scandinavian supply centre as his own. He moves his army in Moscow down towards Warsaw, perhaps preparing for his western threats. Lastly he coordinates a powerful attack in the Balkans, His Fleet in Sevastopol and Army in the Ukraine work together to steal the Country of Rumania from the Austrians, and leaves them retreating. There's a real power struggle in the Balkans now, and it'll get worse if President Zack continues his aggressive assault on Austria.

ItalySpring1902.jpg

The Prime Minister holds position in the Ionian, making sure no one can come and claim the backdoor into his territory. His armies attempt to continue their single file march into the east, Tripoli into Vienna, Venice into Tripoli, Tuscany into Venice, but this move is partially interrupted by the Arch-Duke's attempt to get back into Tripoli, sending the Venice and Tuscany armies back to where they were in the fall. The Prime Minister's move still holds solid, as Vienna is now under Italian control.

FranceSpring1902.jpg

The President of France holds his armies in his own capital of Paris, and in the city of Munich, worried about Germany's strength of arms, the president doesn't try to attack them further this season. However, he does bring in reinforcements from Marseilles, and instead of focusing on the Italian front, the President seems to be completely ignoring the growing beast there. Lastly, he settles his fleet in the Spanish coast, hoping to give the sailors there some time off with the beautiful women in the country. How will the fine German folk respond to Matthias' move?

GermanySpring1902.jpg

With blood, of course. The Kaiser Barracuda was disgusted by the french occupation of his land in the Winter and authorized a full scale attack on their country. Bringing two of his most well trained regiments into Munich, they successfully kickout the French invaders. His move isn't done yet. He makes a claim in the Northern Sea with his one fleet, and marches his armies in Holland and Belgium down the coast, towards Picardy. The German's are no longer kidding around, this is war.

EnglandSpring1902.jpg

Lastly, we take a look at the King of England. He finally makes a move onto land, sending his fleet into Norway, finally getting a hold of a single country outside of Britain. His army holds in Wales, meaning he plans to convoy later instead of right now. With the way the Germans are handling the northern coast, I can see why. Landing any army would be difficult in those circumstances. The most interesting thing is that the English gave support to advancing German army, letting them walk into Picardy unabated. I imagine they were trying to lure the Fench there, but the President of France must have had some foresight into to the attack.

Spring1902Orders.jpg

Looks like some battle lines have been drawn, everyone wants a piece of Austria, England and Germany are working together to stop France, and it looks like Italy only has it's one enemy to the east, and they're being picked on by everyone else. Which power will rise to the forefront this fall? Here are the orders when they are all resolved.

Spring1902RETREAT.jpg

France: Your army can retreat to either Ruhr, Silesia, or Bohemia, or you can Disband your army.

Austria: Your army can retreat to either Budapest or Galicia, or you can Disband.

Get your retreat orders in ASAP.