Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Steelers serious about Pouncey Bros.

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports the Steelers will "exhaust all realistic possible scenarios" to trade up for Florida OG Mike Pouncey.

Coach Mike Tomlin has reportedly handed down an "edict" for the personnel department to make it happen if Pouncey "starts to slip" in the second-half of the first round. Under that scenario, the Steelers would likely begin to work the phones for a Pouncey Brothers reunion if Mike drops past the Dolphins (No. 15) and the Giants (No. 19). LaCanfora suggests the most sensible trade would be with Tampa Bay for the No. 20 pick, as Tomlin and Bucs coach Raheem Morris are tight.

Source: NFL.com Apr 26, 10:54 PM

Edited by BLUE

I think this would be a good move. Hopefully they don't trade with the Bucs though, we're going to be missing out on a lot of good DE's as is.

My God, that OL would be so much better. They could finally get that useless long haired fucker out of the rotation.

Wow that OL would be beast.

ppcopyb.png

For the occasion that this does happen...

I doubt they actually trade up to get him, and if they do they better be damn sure they don't give up a second rounder, which they'll more than likely have to do to get him. Because while offensive line is a perennial need for us, we absolutely need a corner in this draft that can step in immediately because McFadden, Gay, and Butler can't cut it. And Ike Taylor is still up in the air. Our secondary will look like complete shit if Ike leaves and we can't pick up a corner in this draft.

I'd love to find a way to get Pouncey in the first, somehow get/hang onto a second rounder and hope that Brandon Harris drops to us in the second. But...I HIGHLY doubt it'll happen.