SteVo

Official 2011 Draft Discussion Thread

Bills take Aaron Williams. 2 CB's picked for the 1st 2 picks in the 2nd round and they were both guys I wanted the Bucs to get. Fuck.

Red head is gone, still alot of good defensive lineman

two more QBs and Mallett is still on the board

Ryan Williams to the Cards. LOL.

Ayers finally goes off the board to Tennessee. Good pick there.

Yeah Williams might turn out to be a fine running back, but Arizona needs some pass rush. Obviously they don't like Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed.

Speaking of Ayers, that could end up being a solid pick. It will be interesting to see where Tennessee plays him.

I like the Brooks Reed pick by Houston. After taking J.J. Watt, they're building up their front seven. I figured their entire draft would be defense, and it looks like they're on their way. Pass rush will be a major wild card for the Texans this year, though. Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin could be highly productive or ineffective.

Fartwaffles must be one happy guy

I thought they were going to take Brandon Harris. They still need to improve that secondary.

Vikings take Kyle Rudolph. Want some more weapons for Ponder.

Let the record show that the Lions have drafted Titus Young over Benjamin Ijalana.

Lions take Titus Young.... uh why? Brandon Harris is still on the board and your secondary sucks ass.

The Lions draft their board. Young was obviously the highest rated player they had.

Titus young goes to Detroit

Young will actually fit well in Detroit. I was kind of hoping he would end up in Chi-town, but I knew it was a long shot.

The Eagles take Jaiqwan Jarrett, SS from Temple. I like Jarrett as a prospect and think he'll be a productive player for us, but I'm iffy on it for a few reasons.

1) This pick means we're giving up on signing Quintin Mikell.

2) This pick means we're giving up on Kurt Coleman ever becoming a starter.

3) Martez Wilson was on the board.

Lions trade up for LeShoure. LOL. Are they ever going to address the o-line or secondary?

Yeah, that's just it. When you're a team like Detroit who strictly drafts the highest player on your board, you address your need by trading. You manipulate the draft so that the highest player fills a position of need. That's why I thought they would be taking Brandon Harris. Awful pick IMO.

Awesome pick Houston. :thumbup:

I'm really baffled by Minnesota's selections so far. First they draft a QB who might have been there in the third round, then they draft a TE when they have Shank. What the fuck, over?

I'm really baffled by Minnesota's selections so far. First they draft a QB who might have been there in the third round, then they draft a TE when they have Shank. What the fuck, over?

Ponder would not have been there in the third round. He would've been a stretch to last to the Vikings' 2nd round pick. Obviously Minny was confident enough to take him 12th overall.

As for Rudolph, that was a great pick. They got a first round player in the second round. And remember, the NFL Draft is about building for the future, not addressing needs for now. I think people are forgetting that because we haven't had free agency yet.