Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Winners and Losers of Day 2?

Here are mine:

Winners

:Bucs: Bowers is a top 5 pick and to get him at #50 is excellent value. I know he has injury concerns, but I really like the pick. Mason Foster in the 3rd also was a good value and need pick for the Bucs. He had a monster year last season and I think he fits in well with the Bucs D.

:Chiefs: Love the Houston and Bailey picks and I think they got them at great value. Houston was supposed to go in the 1st round before people realized he failed that drug test. I really think teams are overreacting to that. Bailey is a solid player who many had going in the 2nd and the Chiefs got him in the late 3rd.

:Texans: Got 2 great value picks in Brandon Harris and Brooks Reed to help their defense. Trading up for Harris was huge to improve their secondary and adding Reed along with Wat to the front 7 should help them out a lot.

Losers

:Falcons: Traded all their picks away to the Browns. LMAO.

:Lions: Not a big fan at all of them taking Young and LeShoure. They need to improve their secondary and protect Stafford. All these weapons will be useless if they don't get a o-line to protect Stafford.

Thoughts? Post yours.

Edited by GoodellFTL
  • Upvote 1

I'm starting to warm up to the Falcons' move, actually. Provided that Jones pans out and provides the spark needed to take their offense to the next level, they can address their defense through free agency. And if their defense was good enough to go 13-3 this past season, it definitely could be good enough to win the Super Bowl with a few signings.

I'm just going by total draft so far.

Winners: Chiefs, Giants

Losers: Falcons, Lions

By no means are the Falcons 'losers' in this draft.

They obviously believe another quality receiver can put them over the edge and onto a Superbowl berth. They had the best record in the NFL last year and an addition of Jones can only make them better. The only problems they have are depth on the defensive front. By adding Dent in the third round today, they added just that depth to the defensive front.

And I'm a Browns fan. so I obviously love the trade for other reasons not because I have a hard on for Julio Jones or the Falcons. But besides being a Browns fan, it was a good pickup for the Falcons.

Sure if the Falcons go like 9-7 next year then criticism of this trade is warranted but as of now we can only judge it by what happens next year. They are putting all their chips on the table for a Superbowl berth this year.

Anyways:

Winners- Chiefs, Patriots, Bucs

Losers- Raiders, Lions

Edited by Barracuda

Detroit is not losing in this draft...at all. Not even today lol

Detroit is not losing in this draft...at all. Not even today lol

Nick Fairley - I myself have said he would be a steal for whoever gets him... And value wise, maybe for the Lions. But you take a unit that is already arguably the best in the NFL and you draft there. You look at your roster and say that your DLine is bar none your absolute strongest unit on the field... and you draft there. The Lions are like 10 players AND wallets deep on the DLine... but draft there. I am not bashing Fairley, I'm bashing the Lions decision making process. Prince would have been great value AND would have filled a massive need. It won't matter how great Detroit's line is when they have a depleted LB Corps and secondary. Teams will be able to throw quick slants and dismantle the Lions.

Titus Young - Ya... they needed another WR. But who is going to get the ball to Young with nobody blocking for Stafford and him being put on IR? The pick to, me, is there best of the draft... But it still makes you scratch your head.

Mikel LeShoure - Some people like LeShoure, some don't. I'm in the middle. But this move made no sense at all. Jahvid Best blows, sure. But you trade UP, losing picks... to take a guy purely because he fell too far? LeSHoure might make for a decent 1-2 Punch with Best who completely blows. But this draft class is extremely deep at RB. There will be quality backs left in 6th and 7th rounds. There was no need at all to trade up... Avoid your 3 biggest needs for the 3rd time of this draft and take a guy at one of the deepest positions in the draft. Again.. Not really dissing LeShoure. But the Lions fumbled away yet another draft pick.