Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Bucs to put Bowers at LDE, Clayborn at RDE

The Bucs plan to line Da'Quan Bowers up at left end, opposite first-rounder Adrian Clayborn.

Bowers insits he will be "ready to hit the dirt running" whenever he's needed, but GM Mark Dominik was more cautious. "There's nothing degenerative in his knee," said Dominik. "It's taken some pounding, but rest and rehab are what's best for it now." Dominik refuses to put a "time, date or template" on Bowers' return, but he does expect the second-rounder to "absolutely" play as a rookie.

Source: Tampa Tribune

Minor news but I figure you Bucs fans would want to know. :shrug:

I'm not sure but after falling that far people obviously think his knee is bad. And with talk of microfracture surgery, I doubt Bowers plays as a rookie. But if it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is he should be on the field.

Edited by Barracuda

I'm not sure but after falling that far people obviously think his knee is bad. And with talk of microfracture surgery, I doubt Bowers plays as a rookie. But if it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is he should be on the field.

He apparently doesn't need any surgery. Apparently, from what Mark Dominik said, all he needs to do is to continue to rehab the knee from the previous surgery which, again, apparently was minor. We'll see.

The line-up was obvious, it's what they both played in college and with CLayborns Erbs he's probably better off at RE anyway. Good to hear that according to Dominik Bowers knee is not degenerative, which was the big reason why he fell. Dominik also doesn't expect him to need micro-fracture surgery anytime soon.

Sounds like we'll be doing something similar with what they do with Winslow. Give him rest when needed during the week and get him ready to play on game day. My only worry is him re-injuring the knee. Now that the meniscus has been torn it's going to be naturally weaker, and seeing as it's supposed to help with integrity he's going to have to be careful while playing. But he did play on the injured knee in college and still managed to be productive, and it should get a lot better before the season starts. I've warmed up to the pick, even if we only get 4-6 years of great production from him that's more than a lot of 2nd round picks so it would be worth it.