Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Steve Smith Seeking Trade To Raiders Or Chargers

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/source-steve-smith-seeking-trade-to-raiders-or-chargers/

The Oakland Raiders could find their veteran wide receiver in Steve Smith.The Carolina Panthers star does not want to return to next season and there’s a good chance the team will trade him.

Make no mistake about it, Smith loves the city of Charlotte, but “he does not want to spend another year rebuilding at his age†according to a league source. He will turn 32 later this month.

The Lynwood, Calif. native is hoping to be traded to the Raiders or San Diego Chargers next season the source added.

It has been widely reported Smith has already cleared out his locker and residence in Carolina. He wants to return home.

Smith has played exclusively for the Panthers during his NFL career where he amassed 8,884 receiving yards and 52 touchdowns.

Who the hell wants to go to Oakland?

Umm...did you watch Oakland last year? They're big and nasty. If they find a true #1 threat, their offense will get better.

• Upvote 2

This same report came out last week and it wasn't the Raiders but the Ravens and Chargers.

Doesn't sound accurate to me, it's as if the author thought 'hey Raiders sounds like Ravens, lets write up a report that it's the Raiders he wants to play for'

If his main reason for leaving Carolina is because he doesn't want to play on a team that is rebuilding then why would he want to play for Oakland? Not exactly rebuilding but until they get a competent QB and stable coaching staff and undead owner they aren't a win it all now team, Steve Smith isn't going to change that fact.

As for him being on the Chargers, I would welcome it, just at a reasonable price and I wouldn't give the panthers more than a 3rd round draft pick at this point for him. There is the Ron Rivera connection there so we will see. Smith is also a Utah alum so I like that

ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson doesn't believe the Chargers will be interested in trading for Steve Smith.

A Panthers beat writer reported two weeks ago that the Bolts and Ravens were Smith's top choices. The website, Football News Now, is also reporting Smith hopes to be traded to San Diego, though they list the Raiders as a second option for the Lynwood, Calif. native. The Chargers should be set at receiver, especially if Malcom Floyd is ruled a restricted free agent and Vincent Jackson's franchise tag sticks. Related: Ravens, Raiders, Chargers Source: ESPN.com

Meh. He's kind of obsolete as of late, anyway.

Not really his fault though I mean he had Delhomme throwing to him when he was on the start of the end for him as a good QB and then had to try and catch of Rookie Jimmy Clausen and virtual rookie Matt Moore, he really hasn't had the opportunity to really prove he can still go up an get it.

If the Chargers can get him that would be a very good pick up imo. They would have a very nice Passing game to terrorise defences with Gates, Jackson and Smith plus Jackson will become open a lot more. If I was AJ Smith I am getting this done asap when the lock out is done.

Sources have "repeatedly" told the Gaston Gazette that Steve Smith has made it clear to the Panthers' front office that he wants to be traded this offseason.

Of his future, Smith said Thursday, "It's on hold because we're not even allowed to presume there will be football." The Panthers have hired a pass-friendly offensive coordinator, brought in Smith's former college wide receivers coach, and ditched Jimmy Clausen. Smith is apparently unswayed by the efforts, however, and owner Jerry Richardson wants to give new coach Ron Rivera a clean slate without disgruntled players. Source: Gaston Gazette