RANGA

Spring Sig Tourney - Signup Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. What format do you prefer for the tournament?

• Single-Elimination Knockout
    • Round Robin

I dont really want to do a team thing. It will take too long. And IDK how you would get teams. There are just too many things that could go wrong with it if you ask me.

EDIT: I guess I should read before I reply.

Edited by CribbsForTheWin

I can't change votes...you have to delete them and re-vote yourself.

Eh.. throw me in, I guess. Probably gonna get bumped in the first round(if it's single elim), but who gives a shit? :D

Alright we have 10 people signed up, and 6 votes for round robin vs 4 votes for single elimination.

So as it stands, it looks like we'll have 2 brackets of 5 participants each. Everyone will go up against every other member in their bracket once. 2 points will be awarded for a victory, and 1 point for a tie. Polls will be open for 48hrs and there will be no tie-breakers in this stage of the competition. At the end of the round robin stage, the 2 members in each bracket with the most points will advance to the elimination stage of the tourney. Seed 1 will go up against Seed 2 in each bracket, with the winner advancing to the championship round. In the elimination stage, polls will stay open until a clear winner is established.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for change, please say so now.

Alright we have 10 people signed up, and 6 votes for round robin vs 4 votes for single elimination.

So as it stands, it looks like we'll have 2 brackets of 5 participants each. Everyone will go up against every other member in their bracket once. 2 points will be awarded for a victory, and 1 point for a tie. Polls will be open for 48hrs and there will be no tie-breakers in this stage of the competition. At the end of the round robin stage, the 2 members in each bracket with the most points will advance to the elimination stage of the tourney. Seed 1 will go up against Seed 2 in each bracket, with the winner advancing to the championship round. In the elimination stage, polls will stay open until a clear winner is established.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for change, please say so now.

Sounds good

I would like to make a brief suggestion: that the higher seed gets to choose the theme when it comes time for the "playoffs." It gives a reward to those who rape during the round robin stage.

I would like to make a brief suggestion: that the higher seed gets to choose the theme when it comes time for the "playoffs." It gives a reward to those who rape during the round robin stage.

Yup, thanks for reminding me Stevo. We did that last time, and it worked well. I'll absolutely be implementing it again ;)

Any ideas on when we can start this? I know that I'm going to be gone the last week of May and will be rafting the Colorado through the Grand Canyon so I won't have a computer. Maybe start beginning of June that way the high school kids are also out of school for summer too?

Maybe start beginning of June that way the high school kids are also out of school for summer too?

I'd personally rather start now rather than later because at I'm home during the school year but come summertime I'm out on vacations and sports camps and shit so Idk how much time I'll have.

So if we won't be home a certain week would there be a way we could get the topic earlier so that we could make our sig earlier?

Ideally I'd like to start it within the next week. Since we have to get everyone's seeding sigs in, and then have them voted on first.