Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Favre could help tutor Cam Newton

Per Rotoworld.com:

Brett Favre has agreed to tutor Cam Newton during the lockout "as logistics permit."

The two share the same agent in Bus Cook. Favre is heading to Hackleburg, Alabama to help tornado victims in a town dominated by the Wrangler Distribution Center, so tutoring will have to wait. Favre's impact on Newton will be minor compared to amount of work the No. 1 overall pick has already put in with Warren Moon and QB guru George Whitfield. May 10, 6:09 PM

Source: USA Today

Favre's impact would be minor? How can that be determined even before both parties have even agreed to such an arrangement? I mean, Brett wasn't so open to mentoring before... But it's an unfair assumption to make, in my opinion.

Favre's impact would be minor? How can that be determined even before both parties have even agreed to such an arrangement? I mean, Brett wasn't so open to mentoring before... But it's an unfair assumption to make, in my opinion.

I agree. I think the tutoring that Brett Favre can provide to Cam Newton will be beneficial, based on the fact that he is a future Hall of Famer.

Seeing as how Favre had his hand in the development of Aaron Rodgers, it damn sure will be for Newton as well. Even if it doesn't last three years.

I don't know about this. It sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure that he's going to be so open to this. He had his chance to mentor Rodgers and they still hate each other.

Now they want him to come and mentor Cam? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brett talks them into making him Cam's backup and then tries to steal the job from him. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would surprise me from Brett Favre anymore.

I don't know about this. It sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure that he's going to be so open to this. He had his chance to mentor Rodgers and they still hate each other.

Now they want him to come and mentor Cam? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brett talks them into making him Cam's backup and then tries to steal the job from him. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would surprise me from Brett Favre anymore.

Bert is done, dude. I know it's Bert, and I know the past history, but I think he really is done. I said it during the regular season....he just looked like a guy that was hoping for the season to be over as soon as possible....

Bert will remain retired, and I'd absolutely LOVE to see him join the FOX crew with Strahan. He can take Terry Bradshaw's spot, because Terry fucking blows, IMO.

Edited by BLUE

Yeah. Brett is done with playing football. I'm sure if his body was a few years younger he would be back out there, but everyone, including him could see his body is too worn down to keep taking the beating a QB in the NFL takes.

Seeing as how Favre had his hand in the development of Aaron Rodgers, it damn sure will be for Newton as well. Even if it doesn't last three years.

Ya.. and Favre was tutoring Aaron without really being that involved. They never had the greatest relationship, but Aaron learned SO MUCH from Brett, it's remarkable. On gamedays, sometimes I think it IS Brett out there. Just little things that they do are so much alike, it's really uncanny... Aaron is just, a little smarter with his decision making, which I approve of :D

Read above. Even though they didn't have a great relationship, Aaron himself will tell you that he learned a lot about the game those three years behind the gray gunslinger. I can only imagine what he could do when he is actually hands on with a prospect.

And I have to agree with Blue... Did you see how his season ended? He was battered, beaten, and just torn to hell. I would be SHOCKED to see Brett come back as a player. The only way I could see him even REMOTELY think about it would be if he went to a a team that was a contender EVERY year like the Patriots or Colts... And I don't foresee a spot opening up on either of those teams.

Favre is done. And I was sad how it ended, even if he was wearing purple.

I also agree with Blue on the FOX thing. I think he would be awesome replacing Bradshaw, who is so out of place on their pre-game stuff anyway. He and Strahan would make a deadly (awesome) combo, IMO.

With that said... if he some how gets into coaching (I doubt that happens in the next year or two), I will be there rooting for his success.

Awesome, Bart can show Cam how to throw INTs and send pictures of his wang to women.

Awesome, Bart can show Cam how to throw INTs and send pictures of his wang to women.

Did Auburn say it was okay? Cam's parents did sell their son, after all.